6.2 - when?

Trlance

When Echoes of Vengeance? We already wait for another story bigger update 12 months. Show me directly date on december, i want to know if we will get new story update before 18 december. How long i need to wait to finally know smth?

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

Well, didn't saw this "early december" month ago. Anyway only more than one month to december and they should know when exacly it will arrive. That's why i created this thread. In the past we had trailers months before, now ofc those times are gone. Edited by Trlance

Well, didn't saw this "early december" month ago. Anyway only more than one month to december and they should know when exacly it will arrive.

A coder gets sick.

They discover a profound bug that affects other things.

Devs are pulled off the project because there's a fire that needs to be put out with another part of the game.

Devs are pulled off of SWTOR to lend a hand for a while on another game, like Anthem

EA is not afraid if setting an exact date. They're simply bowing to the reality of the situation, as do most software houses, that not everything scheduled when it's scheduled is when things actually get done, and not necessarily for a lack of planning.

Edited by xordevoreaux

A coder gets sick.

They discover a profound bug that affects other things.

Devs are pulled off the project because there's a fire that needs to be put out with another part of the game.

Devs are pulled off of SWTOR to lend a hand for a while on another game, like Anthem

EA is not afraid if setting an exact date. They're simply bowing to the reality of the situation, as do most software houses, that not everything scheduled when it's scheduled is when things actually get done, and not necessarily for a lack of planning.

Some people just can't face the reality as it is now. A lot of stuff is being delayed, not just here, but in r/l. We've idiots protesting against wearing masks, my country is gone to level 5 lockdown because of people doing this, and other stupid stuff.

So yeah, stuff gets delayed, S*** happens, have some patience.

On a side note, that's some really cool sims 4 stuff Xor, great ideas, wish we could get some of that here...lol

Well, didn't saw this "early december" month ago. Anyway only more than one month to december and they should know when exacly it will arrive. That's why i created this thread. In the past we had trailers months before, now ofc those times are gone.

We had trailers for patches? I remember having trailers for expansions but never one for a patch.

Big Update, don't make jokes. What they delivered the last years are peanuts.

It's a shame.

They are giving us free story updates. And while not as big as KOTFE, or KOTET they are still decent sized. And they've said this is a big one. Though I'm not one to try and compare this to FFIV or ESO. Those games have much more funding. At least we have a good game with great story to enjoy. And I still see this game lasting many more years. They wouldn't devote time and money into Steam otherwise.

Edited by lukeisjedi

I just hope it will finally be released in December and no more delays for that patch, because I really have nothing to do in SWTOR and have no other game to play XD

Also I'm very excited for that patch, so give it already!

And have a question. How do you think, how long that PATCH will be? Both Satele arc and Mando FP. Will it be around 1 hour?

I just hope it will finally be released in December and no more delays for that patch, because I really have nothing to do in SWTOR and have no other game to play XD

Also I'm very excited for that patch, so give it already!

And have a question. How do you think, how long that PATCH will be? Both Satele arc and Mando FP. Will it be around 1 hour?

I'm guessing longer. They've billed it as two story updates so I'm hoping around two to three hours.

I am guessing it will hit on December 15th -- I hope, please? no longer than that !

mid month -- and plenty of time for them to have a nice looong holiday and see us again in March 2021 ....

- No. If 6.2 will be on 15 december then they will have limited extra short time to fix bugs what will ofc appear. They will have few weeks break and we will be force to play with hard bugs. Update should be on 1 or 8 december. Ofc it won't happen like that.

Edited by Trlance

- No. If 6.2 will be on 15 december then they will have limited extra short time to fix bugs what will ofc appear. They will have few weeks break and we will be force to play with hard bugs. Update should be on 1 or 8 december. Ofc it won't happen like that.

It has happened before, and the do seem to make the same mistakes often......so anything is possible.

Some people just can't face the reality as it is now. A lot of stuff is being delayed, not just here, but in r/l.

And everyone understands that. But why should we "understand" that under the same circumstances, the competition is releasing way more content for the same or smaller price than SWTOR?

And everyone understands that. But why should we "understand" that under the same circumstances, the competition is releasing way more content for the same or smaller price than SWTOR?

That's the point. My company also has send all employees for more than 3 month in homeoffice, but we deliver with only small delay. And be honest, it has nothing to do with the pandemia that the last years after KotFE / KotET nearly no story content is released. The stupid story break at the end of KotET was never compensated with a new great story line. Why Dxun Operation, what connection which the story has this OP, from my point of view this OP could be placed on every point of the galaxy.

BW doesn't have the resources it once had, a lot got thrown at Kotfe & Kotet, etc, then pared back, especially as it wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be. Not to mention they are also working on another big game (also a failure, but that doesn't matter) and resources have been continually siphoned off. These other game companies have bigger budgets, and more resources. They may or may not have their dev team spilt.

Then on top of all that, some idiot thought he was Ozzy, bit a bat, and unleashed hell........

The funny thing is, if you go on the forums of these games, they have posts just like this, where people are complaining about content, etc, and comparing their game to others, and asking why too.

BW doesn't have the resources it once had, a lot got thrown at Kotfe & Kotet, etc, then pared back, especially as it wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be. Not to mention they are also working on another big game (also a failure, but that doesn't matter) and resources have been continually siphoned off.
Then they should lower the price of subscription and CCs. If the output/product they offer is nowhere near close what it once was or what the competition has to offer, then its value is lower. Simple.

These other game companies have bigger budgets, and more resources.
??? Bioware is part of EA, one of the biggest and wealthiests publishers in the world.

The funny thing is, if you go on the forums of these games, they have posts just like this, where people are complaining about content, etc, and comparing their game to others, and asking why too.

Yet it doesnt change the FACT that SWTOR i releasing the least content out of all big MMOs. ESO fans can compare themselves to FFXIV all day long and argue which one got more stuff added. SWTOR players can't do that because SWTOR gets the least by a mile. Edited by Pietrastor

Then they should lower the price of subscription and CCs. If the output/product they offer is nowhere near close what it once was or what the competition has to offer, then its value is lower. Simple.

- Or just recruit more new people to company. For me argument: people left for other games is nothing to me.

Edited by Trlance

??? Bioware is part of EA, one of the biggest and wealthiests publishers in the world.

Yet it doesnt change the FACT that SWTOR i releasing the least content out of all big MMOs. ESO fans can compare themselves to FFXIV all day long and argue which one got more stuff added. SWTOR players can't do that because SWTOR gets the least by a mile.

True but those other games aren't as heavily focused on story thus development takes longer. Plus smaller team. We will get more updates just not like ESO or FFIV.

ha ha ha ha ha....hang on I'm laughing too much at this comment to reply properly......

Part of does not mean have access to.......

T

Yet it doesnt change the FACT that SWTOR i releasing the least content out of all big MMOs. ESO fans can compare themselves to FFXIV all day long and argue which one got more stuff added. SWTOR players can't do that because SWTOR gets the least by a mile.

They also don't charge for expansions, they've also had a free to play option for years, . It's not the biggest, but for what it is, it's the best. You won't scratch that star wars itch anywhere else....and that's why that can and do , do it.

ha ha ha ha ha....hang on I'm laughing too much at this comment to reply properly......

Part of does not mean have access to.......

They also don't charge for expansions, they've also had a free to play option for years, . It's not the biggest, but for what it is, it's the best. You won't scratch that star wars itch anywhere else....and that's why that can and do , do it.

Agreed. It's also why it will endure for quite a bit longer.

Edited by lukeisjedi

question -- when have we ever known them to be quick fixing bugs that do not involve exploits ?

I really hope it IS the 1st or 8th, but not getting my hopes up

Edited by Tashia