Sage armor broken and or Kephess NiM broken.

Sage armor broken and or Kephess NiM broken.

I am a full min max sage over 33k health and 90% of the time I get a red reticle from Kephess in nightmare mode I get hit for 37k to 47k one shot with a guard and a sage bubble. The game is broken unless you mean for a sage to never heal that boss.

How much damage had the bubble taken prior to Kephess landing on you? It is cumulative. 37k - 42k is too much of a variance; boss abilities are generally tighter than that. A combat log would be helpful. Ideally also a combat log from someone else in the group who got smashed. Are you sure he didn't enrage? It may be that sages are forced to barrier through that mechanic (you should be doing this anyway), though that would be somewhat sucktastic since you can be jumped multiple times.

A lot of users misinterpret the damage and combine the damage from the attack that goes out shortly after he lands. It would be interesting to see what the logs are saying for these events; we use multiple sorc/sage healers and dps, and when bubbled, they do drop to a very low health amount, and if not immediately healed, would die from the damage that goes out afterwards, but the key is to heal the player he lands on as soon as he lands.

If I get the red reticle, then I cast a bubble on myself. I will be almost dead after. Usually I'll have my self heal up and/or another healer is looking to heal me. I know when someone else, sage or whatever, gets targeted... I bubble them and prepare to throw a heal on them right after they take the dmg.

It's tough, but doable. That's what happens in NiM.

Why aren't sage/sorcs using force barrier for the jump? Assuming you don't on one of the last two target phases it should be off CD

The only time I use my force barrier on that fight is for the jump, but when he targets me 3 times in a row, nothing much I can do about it. It one shots me, there is no time to heal, its instant death.

The only time I use my force barrier on that fight is for the jump, but when he targets me 3 times in a row, nothing much I can do about it. It one shots me, there is no time to heal, its instant death.

no it doesn't..

Sages do seem to get hit worse than other classes by this ability due to our light armor. However, it is survivable if you are in full 72s with a sage bubble (one or two 69s is doable, much more and you are risking death as a sage) With that you will survive, though be at low health.

A couple things:

1) If you are a dps sage and have sage healer, make sure they bubble you since their bubble is typically better. Of course you need to be at 100% following the hit.

2) You can use Force Barrier if it is up. Depending on your group composition, there are some ways to minimize the need to use this earlier in the fight.

3) As a dps sage, jedi resistance can help a little bit as well.

4) make sure you really are min-maxed. Some people are still using an old (level 50) relic, but claim they are fully 72, and that is a large loss of endurance. Double check that you really are at the proper health level.

Maybe there is some random bug there?

I was asked by some guildies to help with EC HM run a couple of weeks ago as a tank, and I thinking- OK, that's very easy now. And when I went in they were on Kephess and wiping for good 2 hours before I joined. We went in, executed all the tactics and went very smoothly to last phase where breath of the masters simply instantly killed me, and he proceeded to channel it on next tank instantly killing him and then other group members one by one. We left, reset the instance and killed him with no problem. Maybe there is some kind of similar once-in-a-while-kind-of-bug in there?

Combat log would help I think.

Sages do seem to get hit worse than other classes by this ability due to our light armor. However, it is survivable if you are in full 72s with a sage bubble (one or two 69s is doable, much more and you are risking death as a sage) With that you will survive, though be at low health.

A couple things:

1) If you are a dps sage and have sage healer, make sure they bubble you since their bubble is typically better. Of course you need to be at 100% following the hit.

2) You can use Force Barrier if it is up. Depending on your group composition, there are some ways to minimize the need to use this earlier in the fight.

3) As a dps sage, jedi resistance can help a little bit as well.

4) make sure you really are min-maxed. Some people are still using an old (level 50) relic, but claim they are fully 72, and that is a large loss of endurance. Double check that you really are at the proper health level.

I am sorc dps, the only sorc in the group. I do have full 72's and both uw relics, but it still one shots me with full health and my bubble. There shouldn't be any reason to use force barrier before the jump, so I do use it the first time he targets me. After that if he targets me again, i'm dead.

I am sorc dps, the only sorc in the group. I do have full 72's and both uw relics, but it still one shots me with full health and my bubble. There shouldn't be any reason to use force barrier before the jump, so I do use it the first time he targets me. After that if he targets me again, i'm dead.

Not sure what you are doing differently then. I was in full UW (including relics) the first time we did that fight and with my bubble, as a balance sage, I could survive it. I came out of it better if our healer bubbled me, but I was surviving it even with my own bubble.

Not sure what you are doing differently then. I was in full UW (including relics) the first time we did that fight and with my bubble, as a balance sage, I could survive it. I came out of it better if our healer bubbled me, but I was surviving it even with my own bubble.

Are you stationary when he lands or are you moving?

Dude, full 72's with full hp and a bubble that is casted when you get the reticle and you live. Granted I'm a healer so my bubble is better, but if that's the difference than get bubbled by a healer. It doesn't one shot you. I'm a sage and I can tell you when all those things are true it doesn't one shot me. It leaves me close to dead though and if he does his aoe dmg after the jump before I get a heal then I probably die. Edited by ArissArgile

Dude, full 72's with full hp and a bubble that is casted when you get the reticle and you live. Granted I'm a healer so my bubble is better, but if that's the difference than get bubbled by a healer. It doesn't one shot you. I'm a sage and I can tell you when all those things are true it doesn't one shot me. It leaves me close to dead though and if he does his aoe dmg after the jump before I get a heal then I probably die.

I think it must be the healer bubble then. I die instantly with 100% health and my bubble. I'm full 72's and I have all the datacrons. I'm sitting at 35k health buffed.

We don't have a sorc healer, I think i'm actually the only sorc in the guild

Well I have no clue why he one shots me.

Because he is not one shotting you. As others have indicated, you are clearly misunderstanding the situation and are quick to claim that all of that damage is instantaneous.

The damage is inevitable but healers (and you) have to be prepared for it. If you use defensives and bubble, healers NEED to be ready to toss a heal on you as soon as he lands or else you *will* die. Nothing has changed.

If you just take it to the face without a bubble, you will die.

If your healers don't think they have to heal you, you will die.

Its not broken as we downed it earlier in the week as well as many others, both in 8 and 16. There has been no patch to download so the boss can't suddenly be 'broken'.

I know for our starting attempts, if I did not have a bubble and I was not topped off... I would definitely die. This week we didn't lose a single person to it because we understood the mechanics.

Edited by Aerro

Because he is not one shotting you. As others have indicated, you are clearly misunderstanding the situation and are quick to claim that all of that damage is instantaneous.

The damage is inevitable but healers (and you) have to be prepared for it. If you use defensives and bubble, healers NEED to be ready to toss a heal on you as soon as he lands or else you *will* die. Nothing has changed.

If you just take it to the face without a bubble, you will die.

If your healers don't think they have to heal you, you will die.

Its not broken as we downed it earlier in the week as well as many others, both in 8 and 16. There has been no patch to download so the boss can't suddenly be 'broken'.

I know for our starting attempts, if I did not have a bubble and I was not topped off... I would definitely die. This week we didn't lose a single person to it because we understood the mechanics.

I am not misunderstanding the situation and the damage is instantaneous. There is no time for a heal. Healers cannot heal me because I die instantly. I go from 100% to 0% instantly. He one shots me. As soon as he lands, I die. Healers have tried to heal me, I have tried self heal, it doesn't work. I die INSTANTLY.

I never said he was broken. I am the only one that he one shots and I assume that's because i'm the only sorc.

We understand the mechanics. We have also downed him.