Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Tank Stats

dipstik
10.08.2015 , 03:45 PM | #121
assuming similar stats from the past, i think were looking at 2915 defense, 1680 shield/absorb and 1022 augment points. 5617 total with defense minimum of 2915 (this assumes sturdiness enhancement numbers though).

Aelanis
10.08.2015 , 04:57 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
You're reffering to "old" bosses have more M/R attacks than new ones? Or what?
It's not just that. It's also that Assassins also do benefit from having defense, and not even just small amounts. We have, on live, a 16% base defense with no gear on and no stim. We can get pretty close to a Juggernaut running 50%+ of his budget into defense with just a few pieces, and crush their shield and absorb numbers. We simply have very high mitigation stats, and because mitigation works the way it does, having more % boost of a stat makes it more valuable up until you hard cap.
Quote: Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
AS for the "far enough" equation. Let us assume my first tier level gear puts me at something like this:

Defense:1763
Shield:306
Absorb:608

How would you judge that`?
I'd judge it as categorically impossible.

Let's look at item level 190 gear, which is in the game now, and just over a tier lower than the top item tier in the game (204 isn't a tier... yet.): It comes with 108 tertiary stat and 118 secondary stat, despite being poorly itemized. Expand this over the other 9 pieces of gear that have the same amount of stat, and we're up to 1080 tertiary and 1180 secondary stat. Add in another 48 secondary stat per relic, 80 for a stim, and 46 each for the belt and bracers, to match the poor itemization, and you end up with 1402 secondary stat. Now, let's say that you get 1.25 times as much secondary stat from proper itemization of your mods. This bumps you up to 1720 secondary stat. This is just below your listed value. Now, let's add 14 augments, and make it all tertiary, because you don't have as much budget there. You suddenly jump up to 1808 tertiary stat. This is just at item level 190, which is, like I said, far below the "starter" tier in 4.0.

tl;dr: it's not nearly as one sided as you would make it seem.

I don't think anyone who enjoys tanking is fond of these changes, but it's just not going to be as big a deal as many are making it out to be. Aside from more or less homogenizing the stat breakdown between the classes.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

truevalon
10.09.2015 , 08:38 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
It's not just that. It's also that Assassins also do benefit from having defense, and not even just small amounts. We have, on live, a 16% base defense with no gear on and no stim. We can get pretty close to a Juggernaut running 50%+ of his budget into defense with just a few pieces, and crush their shield and absorb numbers. We simply have very high mitigation stats, and because mitigation works the way it does, having more % boost of a stat makes it more valuable up until you hard cap.

I'd judge it as categorically impossible.

Let's look at item level 190 gear, which is in the game now, and just over a tier lower than the top item tier in the game (204 isn't a tier... yet.): It comes with 108 tertiary stat and 118 secondary stat, despite being poorly itemized. Expand this over the other 9 pieces of gear that have the same amount of stat, and we're up to 1080 tertiary and 1180 secondary stat. Add in another 48 secondary stat per relic, 80 for a stim, and 46 each for the belt and bracers, to match the poor itemization, and you end up with 1402 secondary stat. Now, let's say that you get 1.25 times as much secondary stat from proper itemization of your mods. This bumps you up to 1720 secondary stat. This is just below your listed value. Now, let's add 14 augments, and make it all tertiary, because you don't have as much budget there. You suddenly jump up to 1808 tertiary stat. This is just at item level 190, which is, like I said, far below the "starter" tier in 4.0.

tl;dr: it's not nearly as one sided as you would make it seem.

I don't think anyone who enjoys tanking is fond of these changes, but it's just not going to be as big a deal as many are making it out to be. Aside from more or less homogenizing the stat breakdown between the classes.
I should have clairified. The stats I posted does not include ear pieces, implants or relics.
Adding in based on numbers that are based on nothing at all that we can speak of we end up at;
Defense: 2558
Shield:306
Absorb:608
And an additional 456 teritary stat that can be divided into 3 equal portions and spread across shield or absorb.
Augments not included.

I do think 1.25 secondary to tertiary would have been a better ratio, but let us assume that the ratio we will be given is 1.44.

I am trying not to be a doomsayer, but with the changes we are faced with gear optimization is getting a major blow, and I do sincerly hope that BW sees the mistake in this and allows tanks greater control of their gear choices.

I do agree with you though that assassin are very strong mechanically, and 4.0 only improves that futher. I have no complaint about the class, I do however have issues with the itemization we are facing in 4.0
We'll know what we're made of, when up against all odds...

Radongar
10.14.2015 , 03:17 AM | #124
As far as I can see, we will have a statpool of more or less 4,4k (taken from torcommunity by adding up the secondary and tertiary tank stats of the sin from nightmare gear - which means also before min-maxing). Now of course we are going to have way to much defense, which has been stated quite enough in the last few days but that is not what I am aiming for.
If I remember correctly, all the formula for Tankstats consider the playerlevel in some respect. Since we have an increase of 5 level, we will automatically drop in percentages but we get a plus in stats of ~500 withouth even adding augmentations.
This means that we are going to be able to get back to the old percentage values just by gear plus 3-4 augmentations I think (If someone could post the formula I'd be very happy).
So what's the new Meta? Stamina augments; power augments for dps/ aggro; alacrity even?

Cheers
Aristo
Aristoban - Shadow Tank - [The-Force] on T3-M4

dipstik
10.14.2015 , 12:09 PM | #125
not much has been found on the 4.0 equations. 3.0 was:

Defense Chance = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( DefenseRating / max(level,20)) / 1.2 ) )
Shield Chance = 50 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( ShieldRating / max(level,20) ) / 0.78 ) )
Absorb Percentage = 50 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( AbsorptionRating / max(level,20) ) / 0.65 ) )

where the level would now be 65. but these may change in 4.0.

Hawk_IV
10.15.2015 , 04:13 AM | #126
Is there a rough estimate for gearing tanks in 4.0 yet? I know the information for the level 65 ops isn't out yet, so no worries about exact numbers yet. But what can I shoot for as a casual player?
Are the stats (below) WAYYY off? Can you give me a better estimate for stats when I look in my character sheet?

Thanks for all your hard work, math-geniuses
Spoiler

truevalon
10.15.2015 , 11:07 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawk_IV View Post
Is there a rough estimate for gearing tanks in 4.0 yet? I know the information for the level 65 ops isn't out yet, so no worries about exact numbers yet. But what can I shoot for as a casual player?
Are the stats (below) WAYYY off? Can you give me a better estimate for stats when I look in my character sheet?

Thanks for all your hard work, math-geniuses
Spoiler

Given the itemization we have seen I would say those stats are way off.
We'll know what we're made of, when up against all odds...

Hawk_IV
10.16.2015 , 10:48 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
Given the itemization we have seen I would say those stats are way off.
Ok then would you be so kind as to give me better stats than just telling me I'm way off? XD k thanks buddy

AutoCocker
10.16.2015 , 12:41 PM | #129
No one knows till it goes live but if i were to take a wild guess I would say defense will be much higher than 20% while shield/absorb much lower. Like if on a PT/VG and trying to keep shield/abso even I would say 40% or less. Especially since for whatever reason they decided to get rid of abso mods, shield/abso enhancements and ear/implants. Again till it goes live it's just speculation at this point.

Hawk_IV
10.16.2015 , 05:05 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by AutoCocker View Post
No one knows till it goes live but if i were to take a wild guess I would say defense will be much higher than 20% while shield/absorb much lower. Like if on a PT/VG and trying to keep shield/abso even I would say 40% or less. Especially since for whatever reason they decided to get rid of abso mods, shield/abso enhancements and ear/implants. Again till it goes live it's just speculation at this point.
That much more Defense? Ok then, maybe something more around these lines?
Spoiler

remember these are just speculations.
I also feel like I'm probably jumping the gun and I should just wait for 4.0... problem is I'm too excited for that. XD
I just want to play it now! haha