Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well, with PTS shutting down, the gearing of doom is UPON US.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Well, with PTS shutting down, the gearing of doom is UPON US.....

Darev
10.12.2019 , 09:24 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Renown crates when you open them will, just like the spoils of war vendor, look at your current gear rating.and give you something either equal or slightly better.

Also something to note for Renown packrats - Using the Spoils of war vendor, once I got to gear rating 304, it no longer offered upgrades. My belief is that is because the final tiers of gear are locked behind operations. May work that way with renown crates too.
at 304 I was getting 306 gear...everything except weapons/offhands after they were switched to moddable.
The 306 stuff at the vendor wasn't moddable, so it dropped 306 for me frequently.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

SaerethDL
10.12.2019 , 09:43 PM | #72
What item level is the bolster for pvp, do you guys know?
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

Thepyrethatburns
10.12.2019 , 11:32 PM | #73
Not looking forward to this but it is what it is. One thing's for sure. I'm not changing my character look just for ANOTHER new gearing system. If that means I have to take path 2, then I take path 2. If Path 2 is too hard, it'll just encourage me to actually wrap up the class stories.

Frankly speaking, I think 6.0 will probably have me put characters in semi-retirement as they finish the story content. Seasons rarely enhance a game especially when coupled with "surprise mechanics".
Avoid the horrors of a bitraider install/reinstall.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714

IoNonSoEVero
10.13.2019 , 12:24 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Thepyrethatburns View Post
Not looking forward to this but it is what it is. One thing's for sure. I'm not changing my character look just for ANOTHER new gearing system. If that means I have to take path 2, then I take path 2. If Path 2 is too hard, it'll just encourage me to actually wrap up the class stories.

Frankly speaking, I think 6.0 will probably have me put characters in semi-retirement as they finish the story content. Seasons rarely enhance a game especially when coupled with "surprise mechanics".
I'm planning on doing something similar with my characters. I doubt I'm going to play my level 70s beyond trying to get them through the 6.0 story, and I'll be doing the bare minimum there to try to keep them from earning XP and leveling to 75 and being forced into this gearing mess. If they can't get through the story on their 248 and 252 gear, I guess they won't.

I am going to try to wait for the guides to gear my main, but the amplifiers, tacticals and multiple mods and sets are so confusing that I can't care too much about it.

Transcendent
10.13.2019 , 12:31 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Thepyrethatburns View Post
Seasons rarely enhance a game especially when coupled with "surprise mechanics".
There was little old me thinking that players enjoyed "surprise mechanics". You know, like Kinder Eggs.

So I'm told anyway. Personally I prefer working towards a specific goal, with a specific reward at the end of it.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Thepyrethatburns
10.13.2019 , 12:52 AM | #76
Addon: Just realized that, with the miserable exchange rate and the fact that I still have one masterwork crystal, I'd better farm 325 scrap this week. Rather have one more 252 piece than a feeble amount of credits exchanged for the crystal and the remaining scrap.
Avoid the horrors of a bitraider install/reinstall.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714

Tsillah
10.13.2019 , 01:15 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Bottom line:
Save 'um up as long as possible. The closer to 300 the better !

TYVM !
If you mean rank 300 then no, if you mean gear rating over 300 then yes. Renown crates will depend on spec and your current gear rating and not renown rank from what I understand.

This will be very interesting with legacy gear because it seems you can equip gear from another character on a new toon to boost your gear rating including trinkets that will be legacy bound as well. And that means you can get better gear more quickly for alts as soon as you have a set of legacy gear to pass around.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

DarthSpuds
10.13.2019 , 02:19 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Not the correct analogy.
Oh, my analogy was quite correct.

Your attempt to falsely claim it wasn't is just an attempt to defend the indefensible system Bioware are trying to foist on us.

So be it - I am betting players will vote with their wallets and feet.

Look forward to another server consolidation and even less content going forward, because that is all Bioware will be able to afford.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

ZeroTypeR
10.13.2019 , 06:28 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I mean, I understand it; I just don't like it.
Yea..., same here ^.

Now then, about that vendor...:

So you go .. to the vendor .. after much grinding to get the amount of whatever you need to trade..., select an armor/weapon piece (and make sure you have the highest rating equipped for that slot), the vendor brings out the loaded dice, err dice and you get an upgrade of the specific armor/weapon that you wanted to be upgraded, but who knows what the stats will be on it.

That's actually not bad, in theory; it could work, in theory, but there's just one issue with it, when implemented; R-N-G.

So, answer me this anyone. 'Why' 'can't' 'the vendor' just give you 'the specific piece(s)' without all the 'R-N-G'!?? If the RNG were cut out from the vendor, then it would be strait, no non-sense, horizontal progression. A grind? Yes, but a very tolerable grind.

You go to .. the vendor, trade in your chosen 'piece(s)' for a higher rated 'piece(s)' that will have the stats that you 'W-A-N-T'.

Now tell me, what's so difficult about that?

Darev
10.13.2019 , 06:47 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post
Yea..., same here ^.

Now then, about that vendor...:

So you go .. to the vendor .. after much grinding to get the amount of whatever you need to trade..., select an armor/weapon piece (and make sure you have the highest rating equipped for that slot), the vendor brings out the loaded dice, err dice and you get an upgrade of the specific armor/weapon that you wanted to be upgraded, but who knows what the stats will be on it.

That's actually not bad, in theory; it could work, in theory, but there's just one issue with it, when implemented; R-N-G.

So, answer me this anyone. 'Why' 'can't' 'the vendor' just give you 'the specific piece(s)' without all the 'R-N-G'!?? If the RNG were cut out from the vendor, then it would be strait, no non-sense, horizontal progression. A grind? Yes, but a very tolerable grind.

You go to .. the vendor, trade in your chosen 'piece(s)' for a higher rated 'piece(s)' that will have the stats that you 'W-A-N-T'.

Now tell me, what's so hard about that?
I would like to offer a clarification on something. That vendor does not work on "highest item rating per slot" it works on "average item rating on ALL slots"

If you somehow have a 290 bracer but the rest of your gear is in the 280 range (relics / implants / everything) that vendor will look at your overall / average item rating (in this situation probably around 280) and give you a 280 bracer.

It DOES NOT work on a per slot basis.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.