Sorcs are OP!!!

onlysith

Seriously, they are unstoppable. All I ever see is BG's is LIGHTNING, LIGHTNING, LIGHTNING - Bam! I am dead. They need to be balanced for PvP.

Here some recommendations:

Bring their damage down by like 40%, that will bring them in line with other classes.

And before you ask: but what about PvE? Who cares? Everyone knows the balancing for PvP is the way to go about making a good mmo.

Thanks.

Edited by onlysith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAWR!

Get on your imperial character, find a pair of elites, you take one and have a sorcerer buddy take another. If both mobs are dead within three to five seconds of each other, promptly delete your account and create your own MMO where the faction you don't want to play cannot defeat you so you don't pollute these forums with drivel.

Troubleshooting:

But I don't play imperial cuz their the bad guys!

Replace all instances above with Jedi Sage because the only difference is animation.

But I don't have friends!

Maybe you should look at how you approach conflict in your life... you seem a bit aggressive and others may not want to be around you as a result.

But your theory denotes I can play as well as those sorcerers and that my buddy can also!

Then your point is moot since it the becomes a comment saying you should nerf the PLAYERS behind the characters since they took time to figure out how to play well. This is officially known as the L2Pn00b clause of PVP whines.

If you have further questions go bother someone else because I'll be too busy destroying you with my force lightning.

Seriously, they are unstoppable. All I ever see is BG's is LIGHTNING, LIGHTNING, LIGHTNING - Bam! I am dead. They need to be balanced for PvP.

Bring their damage down by like 40%, that will bring them in line with other classes.

And before you ask: but what about PvE? Who cares? Everyone knows the balancing for PvP is the way to go about making a good mmo.

Thanks.

you mean all the complaints from people that PvP, spoils the Pve game for everyone else. I so wish this game did not have PvP, then all the 1000,000 nerf threads might just go away.....

Infact most MMO's end up being ruined by constant complaints about balance.... sadly people that PvP are never happy, because " some class is allways too powerful and needs a nerf"...... sigh

Edited by malyen

Thanks.

Why do you have to reveal yourself in such an obvious way?

you mean all the complaints from people that PvP, spoils the Pve game for everyone else. I so wish this game did not have PvP, then all the 1000,000 nerf threads might just go away.....

Infact most MMO's end up being ruined by constant complaints about balance.... sadly people that PvP are never happy, because " some class is allways too powerful and needs a nerf"...... sigh

You know, I will agree ... to some extent.

Even if they did remove PvP altogether, the introduction of a Damage Parser and/or Damage Meters will net the same result.

Years ago, two elderly Sith sorcerers were sitting on a bench, each reading a website on their laptops. One of the looked over to see what his friend was reading and was startled to see it was a Jedi website.

"Arbe" he said to his friend "Why are you reading such nonsense? Why would you bother with such filth?"

His friend smiled over his paper at him and replied "Maurie, you have it all wrong. This is a good forum."

Maurie was so surprised that he couldn't say anything, he just sputtered.

"See" Arbe continued "According to this article here we control the PvP zones. And this one here says Sith sorcerers have more fun. And this one here says that the universe itself is designed for our benefit. This last one says we are richer than everyone else. This is a good website. Your forum has nothing but bad news about horrible things. This forum, why it's all good news."

Here endeth the lesson :)

Thanks.

I agree, and while their at it nerf Mercs, Powertechs, and Jugg Rage specs.

Thanks.

This is how I know you are trolling, specifically the bold part. Try a bit more subtlety, when trolling, less is usually more.

Thanks.

Someone tell me he didn't just type that.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

PvP will never be more important to BioWare than PvE. Period, hands down.

Not all sorcs are OP. If you take time to notice, you will find that you are regularly destroyed by one or two people who are just good at pvp.

Also, the issue is that sorcs are over-represented in the population. I almost never die to a single sage. It is not the spell lightening/pebbles that is overpowered, but rather that is is cast on you by multiple players at once so frequently.

Some people excel at pvp. Those people will kill you regardless of what class they are playing.

OP-hate makes pvp inconvenient such that being the only op in a game (as happens frequently) means that I am first on the kill list of the 4 sages on the opposite team.

I rerolled powertech and personally find that class to be insanely more powerful from a run-and-gun perspective.

When I played republic I slaughtered sorcs as a gunslinger by simply strafing with autoshot bound to downscroll.

Getting sorcs nerfed will not improve your own play just like getting ops nerfed will not improve the play of hundreds of thousands of sages who crusaded for those nerfs. Thos people will kill ou no matter what class they choose, because they are simply better than you.

Don't feel bad though, there are likely things that you are good at as well, like mob incitement ....or inducing persecution of under-represented groups in teh population.

Normally I never like any type of nerf.... but now that the nerf bat has started swinging and hit my 1 and only character... it won't stop.

Now it is time to sit back and watch the fun as with each patch/update we will start to see some of the same people that called for our nerf to start to sound like us (op/sc)....

This is always fun, I love it when these people finally get what they want, and then it happens to them.... oh how fun it is!!!

When the nerf bat starts swinging it never stops. :D

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Sorc arent OP SINCE they are paper compare to other classes.for my own .

at first i would like to know on what devloppers base themself to nerf ability. becuz i saw some short ability with 3k dmg no critical or some1 been taken down half hp by 3 nuke with 1 sec channeling if not so.

IM gonna wait after march to see if some class really need nerf or buff. but i think the first balance should happen between ranged vs melee.

That lightning skill is definitely ouchies.. Dunno if ill cry OP yet though, because like anything else there are ways to either avoid it, or counter it.

99% of the complaints I see on the forums about PVP imbalance related to getting stun locked, or burned down really fast, can be solved through more intelligent positioning on the players part and being smarter about when you choose to engage or choose to try a different side of the map.

using line of sight to your advantage is hugely important in many situations as well.