We need better PVP UI

uchicaitachi

Hello.

I have been spending some time playing Solo and Ranked PVP lately and I can say for sure that the UI for that sucks.

The first thing i did is i move the tab and maximized the size but still it is impossible to click in a very tight moment.

On top of that, if you are the left team in your tab you are supposed to click even more far away. This is absolutely stupid.

Since addons were never allowed in the game that would allow for UI customization the following options should be included in my opinion:

1. Always have left team on the enemy side (or right side) option.

2. Remove the blue boxes around the pvp tab like you can do when you do "show group as a ops" option.

3. Have any option to only show enemy team in the pvp tab. I can watch my team in the party frames

Thank you

Edited by uchicaitachi

You can edit the UI to make it more pvp friendly. There are a few UI changes that are particularly helpful for ranked. While most of these changes are extremely helpful for healers and tanks, it can't hurt to have them as dps as well, especially as you get better at cleansing, offguarding, offhealing, and using other essential team abilities.

1) Enlarge the size and width of health bar of your operation teammates. This will enlarge the ops frame in general which will make it easier to click friendly targets and see their health.

2) Enlarge the debuff size of your operation teammates. This will make it easier to see and cleanse your friendly targets when they are mezzed.

3) Bring the operations frame and the arena frame close to the center of the screen. This will make it easier to click on teammates and enemies.

4) Extend the max camera distance. This is now a UI change, but is also extremely helpful for awareness. A guide for this can be found here: https://vulkk.com/2018/03/30/swtor-extending-camera-distance-guide/

Edited by septru

Guys please read the post before replying.

My problem is not with seeing debuffs or with changing the size of a tab.

The problem is the "arena" frame where the enemy team is shown on the right (if you are purple).

It would be amazing to be able to make the pvp frames like the raid frames. I don't mean your own team. I mean the enemy team.

Edited by uchicaitachi

The frames are awful, but it will never change, and only 0.01% of the swtor player base has any WoW arena xp past 1800 - 2k. The only thing you can do is go off the markers unfortunately, which rarely ever get set or stay set in a solo rank match.

The frame situation, and the arena hot keys situation being addressed would improve solo rank for a very small percentage of the player base. Not everyone will give up clicking, while focus modifier hot keys help, its not optimal.

I made a thread addressing arena hot keys, and so far three people have responded positively to it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9910934#post9910934

If we could get that achieved ^, and the frames situation as you are suggesting OP achieved, it would improve solo rank a lot. Markers would not be as necessary, and it would just make a huge difference, at least for me. Because I know the Target Enemy Group Member 1 - 4 hot key situation is only going to effect a very small percentage of the player base in a positive way.

Hello.

I have been spending some time playing Solo and Ranked PVP lately and I can say for sure that the UI for that sucks.

The first thing i did is i move the tab and maximized the size but still it is impossible to click in a very tight moment.

On top of that, if you are the left team in your tab you are supposed to click even more far away. This is absolutely stupid.

Since addons were never allowed in the game that would allow for UI customization the following options should be included in my opinion:

1. Always have left team on the enemy side (or right side) option.

2. Remove the blue boxes around the pvp tab like you can do when you do "show group as a ops" option.

3. Have any option to only show enemy team in the pvp tab. I can watch my team in the party frames

Thank you

My issue is being to track my DOT's I have enlarged the debuff ICONS and it's impossible to tell in combat when there is like 20 ICONS flashing and expiring/refreshing on a target if my DOT's is about to expire.

Guys please read the post before replying.

My problem is not with seeing debuffs or with changing the size of a tab.

The problem is the "arena" frame where the enemy team is shown on the right (if you are purple).

It would be amazing to be able to make the pvp frames like the raid frames. I don't mean your own team. I mean the enemy team.

Completely agree with this. Clicking on the arena frame to select an enemy sucks.