Whats everyone leveling as and what companion?

Drackonn

I am looking to roll a Powertech as an alt I was wondering what seems to be consensus on the best tree to take up leveling.

I was thinking of going Shield tech and using a DPS companion, just seeing if there is a better way, from what I have read it looks like Advanced prototype is the least liked tree. Would I have an easier time just rocking Mako and leveling Pyro?

Its what I've done for the most part and its worked very well, Pyro starts out strong and just builds from there, there are very few skills that don't add something solid to damage in that tree

Shield has a lot of marginal abilities which won't do much good to you until you get to be higher level. Once you get passed the first 2 tiers in ST it gets pretty unhelpful, especially with the shield mechanic the way it is

I am looking to roll a Powertech as an alt I was wondering what seems to be consensus on the best tree to take up leveling.

I was thinking of going Shield tech and using a DPS companion, just seeing if there is a better way, from what I have read it looks like Advanced prototype is the least liked tree. Would I have an easier time just rocking Mako and leveling Pyro?

level as a pyro since learning to manage heat would be tough once you hit 50's you can practice early. also mako healer all the way :D

I'm a shield tech too. You can't go wrong either either Mako for heals or a dps. I used Mako up until about lvl 34 when I got Torian. Mako made things kind of easy mode, I hardly took any damage and I never died but the fights took a bit of extra time. After I switched to Torian the fights go quicker but I have to pay extra attention to my health and make good use of my damage mitigation abilties (which I rarely used with Mako). I like using Torian because it makes the fights more interesting and also allows me to feel more like the tank that I am. Edited by DarrkLore

I leveled to about 20 as a pyro on a server... then ended up going to a new server. On this server I've leveled to 33 so far entirely shieldtech. I prefer the shieldtech. A lot more survivability, plus I get to learn how to be a tank now, instead of at 50 (at the very least I have a head start).

level as a pyro since learning to manage heat would be tough once you hit 50's you can practice early. also mako healer all the way :D

Leveling as tank but omg mako is the biggest joke i have ever seen in a game, id take the robot over her. 37 atm and 90% of the time she stands there doing jack while i get beat down.

Have taken her gun away, turn off all attacks, and no she is not in passive an is in med watch. But damn would i trade her for Dr Lokan any day right now.

I have had good success with Mako. Turning off her 8 second stun attack will make her a better healer.

turning off ALL her attacks and setting her in Med mode will make a huge difference, they finally fixed the re summoning issue where her crap would all turn back on randomly, now she stays at a healer.

All I have to say is after dealing with companions in Skyrim... i LOVE my companions in this! hahah