Returning Player with a Question or 2

Yasou

Really Simple tbh. I'm having problems deciding on a Class to Play. I would like one that can do both PvE and PvP but I do prefer PvP more.

I tried to read up and search YouTube but it seems like things have changed since I've been gone.

In y'alls opinion what class fits the role of both Well?

My Fav classes before was Scoundral and Mara. Both were maxed and I loved to PvP on them. When I look up things about them I read Mara DPS is iffy while Scoundral does good but you need to have good skill with them to make them work.

Other question is, is it true atm Healers are being easily Over Powered by DPS in PvP?

• 1 month later...
Really Simple tbh. I'm having problems deciding on a Class to Play. I would like one that can do both PvE and PvP but I do prefer PvP more.

All classes do fine in PvE, if you don't have any prefernce. That leaves PvP. Check the PvP forum. Opinion varies.

Other question is, is it true atm Healers are being easily Over Powered by DPS in PvP?

Yes.

Both scoundrels and maras (operatives and sents) are in a decent spot for pvp. I'd go scrapper (concealment) scoundrel or fury (concentration) mara. I play concentration sents occasionally myself. Annihilation (watchman) isn't horrible, personally, i don't see why anyone bothers with carnage/combat at the moment, because its just... not enough burstier than fury to give up the immunity fury gets.

As for healers, I'd say they're definitely in a worse place than they were in 5.x, but a good healer can still make a huge difference. I can't speak for the recent merc/Mando healing nerfs, as I don't play those classes, but scoundrel healing survived the tactician nerf, and sage healing is still very mobile with good burst, just more force management for less heals than in the 5.x era.

TLDR: if you like dps with the ability to roll a healer, go scoundrel. If you roll a mara, go fury.

• 1 month later...

From personal experience my 2 favorite classes for pvp are

-smuggler scoundrel(scrapper)/imperial agent(concealment)

why?

*on average you have a 6% higher DPS than the average

*you can get upto 50APM if you have the correct gear

*to top it off because it is a ranged class your survivability increases (gotta love the rolling mechanic)

-jedi sentinel(concentration)/sith marouder(fury) when i want to get upclose

why?

*has one of the highest ammount of avg damage than other classes

*has a flexible playstyle

*can get upto 57APM with the correct gear