I thoroughly enjoyed Onslaught (Spoilers in spoiler tags)

Xo-Lara

Thank you so much for this expansion! I have been waiting a long time to want to play SWTOR again, to care about the story again, and to really enjoy my time in game again. This really hit the spot. It felt like old times.:)

I definitely enjoyed the story and the characters. <3 for bringing our Republic friends from Ossus along. (I main a Jedi Sage) The story is the first and foremost thing that makes me want to play or not play the game. While I don't begrudge the writers some time to explore, I'm glad to be past the Valkorian arc. I hope we get to revisit Zakuul, the planet, but I like the newer characters and story better.

As a side note, kudos to the writing team for the dialogue choices. I appreciate that most of the time I felt like I had dialogue choices I would have wanted in a given situation and I didn't feel shoved around by the story.

Not even when Arn decided to ambush the Brothers. I knew it was going to be messy, and I didn't want to do it, but I felt like I was still able to react with some agency even though the story threw me a curveball.

I also like that there is stuff to do on Onderon and Meksha now that I've finished the main story. I really appreciate the fact that it's not all "kill them" stuff. I like wandering around on maps finding things. :) I also love the mail that I am getting from different characters both during and after the story. I love it when there is a sense of things happening and characters share their thoughts. I feel it fleshes out those characters.

While we are on the topic of characters again, can we do something about giving story to some of those 50 or so companions we got during the Valkorian saga? They don't have to be hooked into main story. Side stories that let you get to know, interact with, and work alongside those characters would still be nice. It's kinda how I imagine the HK-55 chapter is. I will buy that eventually. 55 is actually my favorite HK and was a bright spot during those storylines. I was very upset when Arcann hit him. :( Fortunately for Arcann, I forgave him for that.

Now there were a couple of minor rubs like the bugs that prevented tau from attacking or stuff not showing up where it should have been at first, but that wasn't too bad. Also, I have to admit that I grumbled when I actually had to be mindful of what stance my companion was in and what abilities I used. However, once I realized that the old tricks I used years ago would work, it all fell back into place. While I always hate combat, maybe I can at least take pride in starting to become the healer I used to be once more. :D

Overall, I am really pleased with the experience I got this time, even the length of it, and I look forward to seeing where this story goes in the future. I'm even looking forward to running other characters through it. :D Please continue bringing us content like this. Who knows, maybe some more people who have been waiting for the right time to come back will enjoy it and stay. Then I may be able to weave regular RP and playing the GTN for decos back into the mix again. (I really miss those activities but both require more people to trickle back into the game for them to be fun.)

Well done everybody. :)

Well, I'm happy to spread a little bit of positivity around. :)

I figure the dev team deserves to know when they have done good as much as when they have done not so good. I actually enjoyed myself and that hasn't been the case for a long time. Sounds like a good reason for praise and a win all around. :D

However, part of why I wanted to point out that I enjoyed the expansion is because I hope that this is the start of a trend. It would be awesome of the powers that be kept whatever decisions, policies, etc that let this expansion be the way it is stay in place for future content. It felt like the team rediscovered the balance of elements that made SWTOR work before.

Also, I hope that other people who were waiting in the wings, like I was, for a sign that things were getting better see this and decide to give the game another chance. For many people, wandering off or drifting away from the game was bittersweet. We didn't want to stop loving the game, it just happened. Now, there is a little ray of hope. Maybe, just maybe, people will come back and it will be close to how it was before. If more people came back or more people gave the game a try and hung around, I would have even more fun in game.

As a side note, I would also like to point out that I would have a lot more fun if decos dropped in gameplay more often. *nudge nudge*

Overall, I see hope. There is hope that I will get to enjoy my favorite aspects of the game again. <3

Historically, my favorite aspects of the game have been:

The story

RPing

Decorating my stronghold

Putting together outfits

Playing the GTN to accommodate the other activities above

Running around in game analyzing the game art and looking for assets that would make awesome decos