Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS assassin: which is better, set bonus or 63 armorings.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
DPS assassin: which is better, set bonus or 63 armorings.

HiltoftheDragon
02.09.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1
My question is pretty much what is better in the long run, mainly end game.

The only thing keeping me from full 63 are the 4 armorings i have to retain my set bonus for a dps assassin (15%crit for voltac slash...im a deception build)

So whats better overall. Is it wise to keep the 61 armorings with the set bonus attached until i get lucky and somehow with the grace of god loot 63's with the bonus....or just do it the faster way and dump the 61's to get some non bonus 63's made.

What is the best option here. Any constructive opinions are welcomed.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

BlznSmri
02.09.2013 , 02:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HiltoftheDragon View Post
My question is pretty much what is better in the long run, mainly end game.

The only thing keeping me from full 63 are the 4 armorings i have to retain my set bonus for a dps assassin (15%crit for voltac slash...im a deception build)

So whats better overall. Is it wise to keep the 61 armorings with the set bonus attached until i get lucky and somehow with the grace of god loot 63's with the bonus....or just do it the faster way and dump the 61's to get some non bonus 63's made.

What is the best option here. Any constructive opinions are welcomed.
Get a columi or Tionese shell. Problem solved.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

HiltoftheDragon
02.09.2013 , 02:42 PM | #3
This may sound silly, but i made a vow to never wear that unappealing looking armor again. Even though this would be another fast fix for the issue i have, its not one i want to do. I have my toons appearance the way i want it and putting on columi or tio assassin gear makes me want to jump into traffic.

Is there any assassin who have tried this? I would like some more input. Any suggestions with the exception of wearing disgustingly ugly armor.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Serinety - 55 Operative

BlznSmri
02.09.2013 , 02:54 PM | #4
This may sound silly, but i made a vow to never wear that unappealing looking armor again. Even though this would be another fast fix for the issue i have, its not one i want to do. I have my toons appearance the way i want it and putting on columi or tio assassin gear makes me want to jump into traffic.

Is there any assassin who have tried this? I would like some more input. Any suggestions with the exception of wearing disgustingly ugly armor.
As vain as it sounds, I understand, however the boots don't look terrible and the head piece could be hidden. 7 Extra Willpower is nice, but the 4pc for DPS is too good IMO as it affects your force generation.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

StJon
02.09.2013 , 03:11 PM | #5
Boots are mostly hidden and play a very small roll gloves also play a very small rll and helm can be hidden
That leaves the skirt and wichever shirt you choose

You can look almost like anything you want..exept for the fact that your wearing a skirt lol

Honestly im very vain myself but your better off going with tionese / columi / rakata shells

At least untill you get your first dreadguard piece then you can trade in the skirt. The rest plasy a very small part in looks

HiltoftheDragon
02.09.2013 , 03:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
As vain as it sounds, I understand, however the boots don't look terrible and the head piece could be hidden. 7 Extra Willpower is nice, but the 4pc for DPS is too good IMO as it affects your force generation.
Understood.

I kept all my rakata gear just in case this day would come. Its seems it has at last.

Thanks for the response. Looks like i go back to wearing a skirt and losing the outlaw boots (thats not bad, could be worse)
The Starkillerz Legacy
Serinety - 55 Operative

Xeraz
02.10.2013 , 10:57 AM | #7
Use the Tionese, buy EWH Bracers/Belt and use those armorings.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

HiltoftheDragon
02.10.2013 , 08:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
Use the Tionese, buy EWH Bracers/Belt and use those armorings.
Im not a pvper. Ive taken care of the problem anyway. Im wearing the rakata pieces i kept from long ago to take care of this until i loot some DG gear to pull the armorings.

Im just glad i didnt sell those shells. It certainly pays to be a pack rat sometimes.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Serinety - 55 Operative

Xeraz
02.11.2013 , 12:20 AM | #9
Im just glad i didnt sell those shells. It certainly pays to be a pack rat sometimes.
In online games, you can never know what will suddenly have value.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."