Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arcann decision

MikeCobalt
10.03.2018 , 01:43 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I agree. IMHO Zakuul never seems to register that their benevolent emperor was only benevolent to them, and that while Zakuul was living well, Vitiate's actions severely harmed the rest of the galaxy. Nor do they seem to care that their own armies decimated so many other planets, who are way worse off than they are.

All they see is that the Outlander ruined all their fun, so they're right there with their hands out. In the chapters where we see Zakuulans they seem very shallow, selfish and interested only in themselves. I think Senya fits this, to an extent. All she cares about is saving her kid and she doesn't mind playing the Alliance, throwing the outlander into a wall or getting Voss bombed to do it. She doesn't care that it might not be fair to have Arcann join the Alliance and have no punishment for his actions. It's all about her and what she personally wants.
The Zakuulian's are not *Innocent in this by any means although not Outright evil either. They're all Arrogant Lazy Snobs for the most part. Think of Bowdaars part "Freeing the Slaves from the Arena", The Zakuulians are very *Casual about slavery and their deaths, Like Rome at its height.

The Zakuulians didn't seem to care about any of this *Until it started to affect them, totally Indifferent to what their own Emperor does to the rest of the Galaxy. indifferent to slavery and those killed For Entertainment in the Arena. Reveling in their Ignorance and Arrogant about the posh lifestyles Valkorian guided them into. The Citizens of Zakuul actually only saw a Fraction of what the rest of the Galaxy lived through. Ignorant, Lazy, Snobs,.."Pawns" just the way Valkorian wanted them.

IoNonSoEVero
10.03.2018 , 02:30 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
The Zakuulian's are not *Innocent in this by any means although not Outright evil either. They're all Arrogant Lazy Snobs for the most part. Think of Bowdaars part "Freeing the Slaves from the Arena", The Zakuulians are very *Casual about slavery and their deaths, Like Rome at its height.

The Zakuulians didn't seem to care about any of this *Until it started to affect them, totally Indifferent to what their own Emperor does to the rest of the Galaxy. indifferent to slavery and those killed For Entertainment in the Arena. Reveling in their Ignorance and Arrogant about the posh lifestyles Valkorian guided them into. The Citizens of Zakuul actually only saw a Fraction of what the rest of the Galaxy lived through. Ignorant, Lazy, Snobs,.."Pawns" just the way Valkorian wanted them.
I never said they were innocent. Just that they were so cut off from the rest of the galaxy that they didn't have a clue what was going on. But even when they did know, they didn't care. They have slavery, they have beast fights, and it's mentioned that the noble wars on Alderaan are broadcast in Zakuul as entertainment. In Kaliyo's chapter she says they have droids doing everything for them, and they all seem pretty shallow and spoiled. Anyone who speaks out against any of that conveniently disappears.

The Zakuulans remind me of the citizens of the Capitol in the Hunger Games. Life's a party for them and they don't have a clue, or a care one way or the other, about what anyone else is going through.

MikeCobalt
10.03.2018 , 02:51 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I never said they were innocent. Just that they were so cut off from the rest of the galaxy that they didn't have a clue what was going on. But even when they did know, they didn't care. They have slavery, they have beast fights, and it's mentioned that the noble wars on Alderaan are broadcast in Zakuul as entertainment. In Kaliyo's chapter she says they have droids doing everything for them, and they all seem pretty shallow and spoiled. Anyone who speaks out against any of that conveniently disappears.

The Zakuulans remind me of the citizens of the Capitol in the Hunger Games. Life's a party for them and they don't have a clue, or a care one way or the other, about what anyone else is going through.
I was Agreeing with you, just expanding.

IoNonSoEVero
10.03.2018 , 03:25 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
I was Agreeing with you, just expanding.
Got it, didn't mean to snip at you.

Now that you've got me thinking, though, the Hunger Games seems like a good parallel. If a character lived in the Capitol and didn't think too much, they probably had no issue with Snow. The same way Zakuulans didn't have an issue with Valkorion. The Alliance = District 13. Outlander = Katniss. Not everyone thought Katniss was there to liberate them either. Some really blamed her and D13 for screwing up their perfect little lives.

MikeCobalt
10.03.2018 , 03:41 PM | #55
The way the "Arcann Issue" ended was really, a Mess.

AdornedBlood
10.19.2018 , 08:02 AM | #56
JC : she saves him because she feels sorry for him
IA : saves him too because my IA is an opportunist and likes to associate himself with powerful individuals
the rest of my "horde" : idk, lol!