Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I'm not one to complain, but when an issue is supposedly addressed, I expect to see changes.

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account." - taken from the 1.2 patch notes.

Many many people believed that this statement meant final boss drops would no longer be for a class that wasn't present.

Edited by cloudblade

The problem may be how we read the sentence.

It reads "will now take group composition into account."

This does not immediately translate into "only drops for classes represented will occur."

In all likelihood they just decreased the chance of non-represented class loot from dropping, not eliminated it altogether.

The problem may be how we read the sentence.

It reads "will now take group composition into account."

This does not immediately translate into "only drops for classes represented will occur."

In all likelihood they just decreased the chance of non-represented class loot from dropping, not eliminated it altogether.

If that is the case, it is deliberately misleading. People wanted a guarantee that the columi item drop would be usable by one of the classes present in the group. For Bioware to make a change and specifically note it in the patch notes and then not deliver on expectations is dishonest. If this is how they're going to conduct business, then they need to do away with the ambiguous language in the patch notes and state exactly what they're doing.

I don't personally think they're dishonest, I think they just screwed up and missed a bug in the system.

Edited by ViperI

After doing 5 HM flashpoints today, 2 drops were for a class that was present, and the 3 other drops were for Jedi Knight, which we don't run with. So if the chances have been lowered, but not set to zero...even that doesn't appear to be true. It seems to me they didn't change ANYTHING with drop rates at all.

If that is the case, it is deliberately misleading. People wanted a guarantee that the columi item drop would be usable by one of the classes present in the group. For Bioware to make a change and specifically note it in the patch notes and then not deliver on expectations is dishonest. If this is how they're going to conduct business, then they need to do away with the ambiguous language in the patch notes and state exactly what they're doing.

I don't personally think they're dishonest, I think they just screwed up and missed a bug in the system.

People want their **** to come out as cash, but it doesn't happen.

A 100% success rate is extremely boring in my book. I in no way wanted this change, but I'm at least glad there is still a chance at an off drop.

The expectations you had were your own and their derivations have nothing to do with BW. Calling this a dishonest business practice is a huge stretch.

People want their **** to come out as cash, but it doesn't happen.

A 100% success rate is extremely boring in my book. I in no way wanted this change, but I'm at least glad there is still a chance at an off drop.

The expectations you had were your own and their derivations have nothing to do with BW. Calling this a dishonest business practice is a huge stretch.

the reason they were ment to change it is basicly we ran NM mode karaga since we first had an 8 man squad.

and the best thing we get every week is the 2xspeeder from kragga this is happening a lot

every week the same loot drops for a class we dont have, all our smuggler companions are full rekata geared where as most of the raid have 1 bit each if lucky however not a single main hand drop, however i have 3 smugglar rakata MH and 3 off hands in my bag

Don't forget that people also have companions to gear up. That may be calculated into the new drop logic.

If an all smuggler group loots a Jedi item, then you know it is broken as we don't have a companion that uses Willpower. Same thing for an all trooper group...

Nothing has changed, it is the same c r a p drops that existed pre 1.2. On seven hard mode ops bosses we killed, five of them dropped smuggler gear (no smuggler in ops), only one drop was consular (four consulars in ops), and the rest of the drops were trooper (two troopers in ops). The majority of the drops were for a class not in the ops, while the class with the highest representation in the ops got the fewest drops. This was the same type of drops that we saw pre 1.2.

Just read the linked thread. Yeah, that's a pretty nice way of testing it. It really appears as if nothing has changed at all.

I'd say it actually appears that agents/smugglers are getting way more loot than intended, especially when they're not even there!

this has been broken since release and i was RUDELY told by a dev that it was "working as intended" on these very forums...

yet they had to ***try*** to patch it in 1.2???

EA must really be rubbing off on them....