commander tavus

Hi am a level 33 trooper and i have to defeat commander tavus.

I keep getting killed.

My companion is aric jorgan.

How do i have to defeat him?

Ha! that's funny I just fought him the other night. Are you commando or vangard? What spec?

I am an Assault vanguard, and I use Elara for heals. Remember that everyone in Havoc Squad wears heavy Aim gear, so you can pass on your old gear to them when you find something better. Your companions should always be pretty well off as a Trooper.

There is a vendor on his ship that sells stims. Buy a couple and pop one before the fight. It gives you a 1-hour buff to your main stat. Big help.

Open with your stun, and then start to light him up. When the stun ends, pop your Heroic Moment. This gives you periodic healing and resets the cooldown on your stun. Stun him again! Keep lighting him up. By the time the stun breaks, you should be way ahead.

Throughout the fight, interrupt him when you can. If he is casting something and your interrupt is on cooldown, you can use your grapple to interrupt (if Trooper you can use knockback if you have it yet). Don't forget about your defensive cooldown.

Towards the end, if it's looking tight, pop a medpac (also available from that vendor). Good luck!