Master Mode Queue Wait Times

MingusPho

On Star Forge in the 8 to 12 pm eastern time slot I tend to get MM popping in 10 to 15 minutes when I que as dps/heals. When I que as a tank/dps, pops are either instant, or within 5 to 10 minutes.

Although I don't pug much as tank anymore, there's almost always at least one dps that wants to start all the fights. I'm robably going to stop pugging as heals for the same reason. I'm getting tired of testing my skills with 'guess who's going to get the boss aggro this time' every freaking run.

On Star Forge in the 8 to 12 pm eastern time slot I tend to get MM popping in 10 to 15 minutes when I que as dps/heals. When I que as a tank/dps, pops are either instant, or within 5 to 10 minutes.

Although I don't pug much as tank anymore, there's almost always at least one dps that wants to start all the fights. I'm robably going to stop pugging as heals for the same reason. I'm getting tired of testing my skills with 'guess who's going to get the boss aggro this time' every freaking run.

Lol I feel the same way. I don't tank or heal very much any more myself.

Let them die a few times. "If you charge in before the tank again I will let you die." The rest of the group will usually go along with you and watch, because he deserves it, and it's funny. :rolleyes: If you're the tank, ask the healer, because most healers are ticked off, too. ;)

It sounds mean, but after waiting two hours for a pop, I usually have no patience for idiots. :)

Lol. I was in a Master FP just last night with a DPS like that. (But it wasn't me.)

I think there's potentially 2 inter-related problems here:

1. Some people get so used to doing Veteran mode that they forget (or are unaware of) how to do Master Mode.

2. Many of the older MM FPs, like Hammer Station, Malgus, etc, are not much more difficult than the Veteran versions, so the DPS don't "learn the hard way". :)

With regards to #2, there are some Master mode FPs that don't have a Veteran version, and/or are just plain harder. It's usually quite important in these cases, that Tanks tank, Healers heal, and DPS make nice-nice.

With regard to the OP - The wait times for queues depends a lot upon the time of day - but I couldn't say what time is best. I've recently been queuing for both VM and MM and amazingly, sometimes the MM pops before the Vet.

My queue times always vary depending on time of day, which is why I usually only queue during peak hours.

Tank - Instant to ten mins

Healer - Typically no more than twenty mins

DPS - Thirty to sixty mins

How long is everyone waiting for the mm fp queue to pop? It takes me any where from 30 mins to 2 hours on Starforge as dps. Usually 20 mins to an hour as heal spec. Can go either way as tank but usually within 30 mins.

Easiest answer? No one roles tanks or healers, and the good ones are taken by guilds. You get tired of people not listening, dps doing stupid crap, then blaming the healer because the tank is the main priority while he is trying to pull the aggro off the stupid DPS. You will find most tanks/healers if they are good, have already found a home in a guild.

I never pug as tank or healer for that reason. And trying to get a pop as a dps is usually just a waste of time. So I'm not really playing MM FPs at the moment, unless I've got mates online to do them with. And then we usually just go with a dwt because it's faster, and everyone knows what they are doing.

So there is your answer it has taken sometime to achieve the results but its true as a Tank in a Guild i dont dont see a good reason to enter a MM pug and deal with the bad behavior. If DPs wants faster que's then act better or learn to Tank/Heal its that simple. The bad actors really brought pugs to a standstill by being disrespectful of the way a trinity system works and trying to lay blame in the wrong hands.

So there is your answer it has taken sometime to achieve the results but its true as a Tank in a Guild i dont dont see a good reason to enter a MM pug and deal with the bad behavior. If DPs wants faster que's then act better or learn to Tank/Heal its that simple. The bad actors really brought pugs to a standstill by being disrespectful of the way a trinity system works and trying to lay blame in the wrong hands.

Or actually learning their rotations. Which is necessary in MM. A lot of times I see people just spam force storm, or their basic attacks. You can get away with that in veteran, but not MM. When you try to help them, say hey try this simple rotation of and you will be flooring things, you get yelled at about telling them how to play their toon.

Benefit of a guild folks, the thing that is hard for solo people to understand. Don't just role DPS all the time, put yourself out there, try the tank, try the heals. If anything you will at least get to respect their role and their impact a little more.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

Queue Wait Time is directly correlated to the extent that Tanks and Healers are pissed off.

1. When I queue for MM FP as tank, my expectation is to tank.

If anyone for even ONE second gives me any indication that I'm being used as a QUEUE POPPER . . .

. . . I quit the group.

2. When I queue for MM FP as heals, my expectation is to heal.

IF anyone for even ONE second thinks they're Matthew Boling . . .

. . . I quit the group.

Too many people treat tanks and healers in the MM queue like trash - so I don't blame most tanks and healers for staying out of the queue.

=8-|

Lol. I was in a Master FP just last night with a DPS like that. (But it wasn't me.)

I think there's potentially 2 inter-related problems here:

1. Some people get so used to doing Veteran mode that they forget (or are unaware of) how to do Master Mode.

2. Many of the older MM FPs, like Hammer Station, Malgus, etc, are not much more difficult than the Veteran versions, so the DPS don't "learn the hard way". :)

With regards to #2, there are some Master mode FPs that don't have a Veteran version, and/or are just plain harder. It's usually quite important in these cases, that Tanks tank, Healers heal, and DPS make nice-nice.

With regard to the OP - The wait times for queues depends a lot upon the time of day - but I couldn't say what time is best. I've recently been queuing for both VM and MM and amazingly, sometimes the MM pops before the Vet.

#1 is probably the biggest culprit.

That and the fact that in most of the game, you have a god-mode healer NPC following you around, so the reflex is to think you can leap in and survive anything. I think most vets get that's not how it works in group content, but it can catch newbies off-guard.

Another thing that may extend que times, depends on how many ignore lists someone is on. If they are the type of dps listed above, a lot of times they are added to ignore, and then will not be placed in que with the people that ignored them. So be polite, know your class have a good time and if there is a wipe, don't act like an ***.

Another thing that may extend que times, depends on how many ignore lists someone is on. If they are the type of dps listed above, a lot of times they are added to ignore, and then will not be placed in que with the people that ignored them. So be polite, know your class have a good time and if there is a wipe, don't act like an ***.

Too true. Anytime I run across a dps like the ones mentioned previously, not only do they go on my ignore list, I also send mails to my other tanks and healers, making sure this specific player is on their ignore lists as well. I also mention the name in guild chat while I'm on.

There's a number of reasons why the dps queue is so long other than most want to play a dps class. If you're a dps, let the tank pull. If the dps pulls, the aggro almost immediately goes to the healer and now it's just a cluster f***. There are a few simple guidelines to follow to help shorten queues for damage dealers.

Yeah....I think my ignore list is quite large at the moment. It's been growing for some years lol. I might clean it up and see if some older names are still around and learned to play nice. I usually ignore people because they said something downright uncalled for so it might not work out lol. I suppose it's possible I'm on some ignore lists too due to wipes from lag, bad connections, or just personality clashes.

Honestly I wish there was more control over the queue criteria.... If people could queue by minimum gear rating I bet quite a few problems would go away. Wait times might speed up if it was less of a guessing game as to what levels/gearings you'd wind up with.

I think at this stage of late game gearing, we don't really need tanks and heals for MM FP, as long as all the dps know what to do and how to use DCD, all bosses can be effectively burn down quickly.

Except for getting a pop in group finder, which is what this thread is about.

While you don't necessarily need a tank for most MM FPs (it totally depends on the rest of the group's skills), good luck completing one without a healer. :rolleyes: The only MM FP's I haven't even tried yet without a tank are Bloodhunt, Chiss, Umbara and Nathema. Also Mokan was a bit tricky with a skank tank, so I probably wouldn't try it with a dwt. Everything else can be done without a tank for sure, if the group is good.

I think at this stage of late game gearing, we don't really need tanks and heals for MM FP, as long as all the dps know what to do and how to use DCD, all bosses can be effectively burn down quickly.

That is why there are very few tanks in the group-finder que now. Too many players think tanks are not needed, and no longer let them tank properly. The thing is, by doing this the healers end up working twice as hard, and what should be an easy, low-effort, flashpoint turns into a 'keep the probes up on all 4 players' flashpoint which is annoying af.

DPS are a dime-a-dozen, but that is no reason to not respect them. A flashpoint is a team-effort and every player should be respected and allowed to do their jobs.

DPS aren't needed either, you can solo MM flashpoints to get your weekly, without dealing with any annoying pug groups.

I have a suggestion for dps players who only dps. Try healing/tanking, it might make you respect that tank leading you and the 'heal-bot' trailing behind you in flashpoints a little more.

Tank q is pretty much always instant unless u q at weird times. Heal q times r a bit slower, lot more of them out there.

DPS q times r just lol....

To remedy that i started to dps tank most of the fps on my decked out AP PT. I get instant pops, and i get to dps. Double win!

I remember when this was grounds for being kicked from a group...

Lol yeah so do I. Some people can pull it off others can't. But you would need a stable heals at least. Skank tanking is an art, you have to be very knowledgeable in your cool downs etc. But a bad Skank Tank can be seen almost immediately. Then you usually lose the healer.

Lol yeah so do I. Some people can pull it off others can't. But you would need a stable heals at least. Skank tanking is an art, you have to be very knowledgeable in your cool downs etc. But a bad Skank Tank can be seen almost immediately. Then you usually lose the healer.

oh i have both skank tanked ( tanked with dps gear) and dps tanked (i.e. swapped to vigi while being the "tank").

I also have my own healer to run with, who knows exactly what I'll be doing.

I queue GF as a tank, I'm running tank. Queuing while in vigi spec as a tank is nothing short of being a jerk. MM FP take anyone level 50+ on anything from hammer station to blood hunt or lost island and beyond.

Sure, you can level 50 heal a level 50 AP PT through hammer station, but I'd love to see that same thing happen in blood hunt or LI. and I'd love to see this happen with some completely random GF formed group with inevitably low dps to boot.

TLDR: You want fast queues, play a tank or healer. Better yet play one or the other and find a friend who does the opposite support role.

Edit: oh and yeah, I'm a bitter tank main, who has become half useless because "no one wanted to play it so we made it not needed"

Edited by KendraP