Uh Oh, the world as we know it may come to an end

asbalana

crafting for gear right now is just as confusing as actually finding the right gear xD

all those different types of hilts, and the different colors of hilts. SOme days I just buy every recipe and worry about the right one later.

I look forward to a crafting overhaul if it streamlines things. hopefully it will let me search my recipes by ingredients and the stats of the items. You know, so I can only see mods with willpower or alacrity.

So long as they don't take away my dyes or my crystals.

Yessss give us more dyes. I need a primary gold. I will craft it and love it and flaunt it.

Or maybe go beast hunter style and make more bosses have a specific color crystal. Like if the hoth world bosses all had a chance to drop a white lightsaber crystal. because.. snow. eh nevermind I'm not going to ask them to design and implement that much loot. although there is not enough cyan. Glowy cyan accents look awesome but are hard to match.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a consumer, I agree with you 100%.

As a crafter, I'm not so sure. Right now, on the tail end of 3.0, with free 190-rated gear, commendations handed out like candy, free 192 companion gear, and the entire tier being rendered obsolete in less than 3 weeks, I would never, ever, ever buy 186 gear. But someone is buying my stuff that I craft. It's weird.

Whoever these people are that don't really understand that they don't need to buy this gear? I thank them. And I'm pretty sure they'll stick around for 4.0.

;)

Those who buying the 186 stuff are the pvpers twinking their characters at level 56. I sell them every now and then as well and I've come to to conclusion that they're pvpers. I found this out by pvping in the level 30-59 bracket and saw the gear that many people who were 55+ and constantly pvp used 186 stuff.

But outside of this which is a small demand of people, crafting will be irrelevant (at least money making wise) in the expac if comms stay the way they are. Crafting be mainly used for twinking new characters.

Edited by Aricus

Nothing announced really changes anything I had thought in the previous weeks in regards to crafting.

For all the hits crafting is taking there are no new positives so far really in terms of crafting for profit or even crew skills for profit really. Those markets are going to get super flooded.

Two words though to anyone who wants to get super rich ... Companion Gifts ... namely top tiers, if they are at usual market price right now or lower buy them up ... buy buy buy.

With every single sub getting a free 60 which gets max skills and also new companions incoming I imagine these to be THE big money maker investment between 3.0 and 4.0 ( sort of like how I made a fortune on certain low grade mats by buying up prior to GSH/Conquest launch and selling for 10-5- times profit when GSH/Conquest launched ).

I'll be doing this as soon as I redownload the game ( somehow deleted the wrong copy of my SWTOR folder :( ) but I'm pretty super rich as it is so maybe give some others a tip to making a massive profit.

Two words though to anyone who wants to get super rich ... Companion Gifts ... namely top tiers, if they are at usual market price right now or lower buy them up ... buy buy buy.

This will also be interesting. I indeed have a cargo hold fill of gifts and am ready to go. I would think that every new 60 (for free or purchase would start off at zero affection with respect to companions. But that has not been substantiated. Does anyone know if max affection / influence / whatever will still be capped at 10K?

I may be wrong here, but I seem to remember something being said somewhere (how's that for a vague reference) that there will be a new tier of companion gifts. If that is true, it will be interesting to see how such a new top tier affects current gifts and their pricing.

One thing that is also a question to me is when my new KOTFE 60 (or existing 60) gets back to fleet or to a mail box after starting the expansion. How many chapters will we have to play before we can buy anything for our progressing character? At least early on will we be able to go back to fleet since it is not clear that there would be a Republic or Empire orbital station or spaceport on Zakuul? Sales of anything post expansion will obviously require access to the GTN or mail or both.

Edited by WingsofCrystal

This will also be interesting. I indeed have a cargo hold fill of gifts and am ready to go. I would think that every new 60 (for free or purchase would start off at zero affection with respect to companions. But that has not been substantiated. Does anyone know if max affection / influence / whatever will still be capped at 10K?

I may be wrong here, but I seem to remember something being said somewhere (how's that for a vague reference) that there will be a new tier of companion gifts. If that is true, it will be interesting to see how such a new top tier affects current gifts and their pricing.

One thing that is also a question to me is when my new KOTFE 60 (or existing 60) gets back to fleet or to a mail box after starting the expansion. How many chapters will we have to play before we can buy anything for our progressing character? At least early on will we be able to go back to fleet since it is not clear that there would be a Republic or Empire orbital station or spaceport on Zakuul? Sales of anything post expansion will obviously require access to the GTN or mail or both.

Immediately I assume, stronghold travel makes it so at the very least.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Immediately I assume, stronghold travel makes it so at the very least.

Not so sure. How do you get back? Also, new players and some old do not have strongholds. To allow some to go back and forth and not others would be unfair and poor design.

I know it is a dumb question. Perhaps, there will be a way to get to your ship at a certain point. In the live stream, as I remember, Mako was shooting around in the Mercs ship just before the capture.

Anywho, all will be known in a few weeks.

I am sure that in any case, not necessarily as an investment, my cargo hold full of gifts will not go to waste.

Not so sure. How do you get back? Also, new players and some old do not have strongholds. To allow some to go back and forth and not others would be unfair and poor design.

I know it is a dumb question. Perhaps, there will be a way to get to your ship at a certain point. In the live stream, as I remember, Mako was shooting around in the Mercs ship just before the capture.

Anywho, all will be known in a few weeks.

I am sure that in any case, not necessarily as an investment, my cargo hold full of gifts will not go to waste.

Click the return button like you normally do from a SH I assume?

Fairness is pretty meh, I can make a level 1 now and put it straight to my SH for GTN stuff etc. so it will at the least be the same. They aren't getting rid of the fleet either so I imagine a new 60 will still have all the shortcuts for going to fleet etc.

Any clues as to what happens to our old reverse engineered items? Like I've spent a ton of time reverse engineering all the different stat versions of the implants/earpieces at every level including redoubt versions for those with tank stats. With all the main stats getting combined and blue gear being available as default, do all my old ones just disappear? Do they all turn into the same mastery stat version that's the same that everyone gets by default?

I feel like everything I've been making credits on is going down the crapper. I'm just hoping I can still get some credits from selling the more interesting looking custom orange pieces. It will be a drop in the bucket though compared to what I used to be able to sell. Sad days. Time to start pinching those credits.

Any clues as to what happens to our old reverse engineered items? Like I've spent a ton of time reverse engineering all the different stat versions of the implants/earpieces at every level including redoubt versions for those with tank stats. With all the main stats getting combined and blue gear being available as default, do all my old ones just disappear? Do they all turn into the same mastery stat version that's the same that everyone gets by default?

I feel like everything I've been making credits on is going down the crapper. I'm just hoping I can still get some credits from selling the more interesting looking custom orange pieces. It will be a drop in the bucket though compared to what I used to be able to sell. Sad days. Time to start pinching those credits.

Musco informed the latest live stream that ALL old schematics will be dropped into an "archive". They can still be crafted, but the implication was that they will be for appearances only. This means that non-appearance related equipment may have zero use to craft. DO NOT quote me on this as he did not come out and say as much; he said (paraphrasing) that old schematics will be in an archive for crafting for appearance (he said NOTHING about what stats the old equipment would have).

The specifics should become known sometime this week (it was specifically mentioned that a blog post is due out soon).

Musco informed the latest live stream that ALL old schematics will be dropped into an "archive". They can still be crafted, but the implication was that they will be for appearances only.

It would be interesting is some of the old non-moddable Armstech schematics are converted into non-stat moddable gear.

Seems unlikely, but one can hope. I like the look of some of those weapons.

It would be interesting is some of the old non-moddable Armstech schematics are converted into non-stat moddable gear.

Seems unlikely, but one can hope. I like the look of some of those weapons.

That seems to be what is going to happen based on what was said in the stream. All cosmetic gear that can be crafted will basically become adaptable.

Should have an interesting impact on the CM items since there are some nice looking things in standard play that aren't adaptable and even a few that are blatant adaptable copies in the CM which means the CM item kind of becomes obsolete.

That seems to be what is going to happen based on what was said in the stream. All cosmetic gear that can be crafted will basically become adaptable.

Should have an interesting impact on the CM items since there are some nice looking things in standard play that aren't adaptable and even a few that are blatant adaptable copies in the CM which means the CM item kind of becomes obsolete.

Indeed, they did say that the new gear, etc. will become adaptable, but the armor that showed when the C screen was hit on the two Mercs was not adaptable but had fixed stats.

So we will have to wait and see.

Indeed, they did say that the new gear, etc. will become adaptable, but the armor that showed when the C screen was hit on the two Mercs was not adaptable but had fixed stats.

So we will have to wait and see.

There is difference between adaptive gear and moddable gear. adaptive gear only means that any class can wear it and it will adapt to be the heaviest armor that advanced class can wear.

There is difference between adaptive gear and moddable gear. adaptive gear only means that any class can wear it and it will adapt to be the heaviest armor that advanced class can wear.

Exactly. Companions won't use the gear's stats, so fixed or moddable is irrelevant. Players can use Outfit Designer, so the gear's stats are still irrelevant. That said, since stats are irrelevant for companions and Outfit Designer ignores armor types, I'm not sure why the devs would change every schematic and armor piece instead of just [internally] allowing all companions to use all types of armor.

I guess it would be for the people who actually wanted to wear the armor *for the stats* for their character, which (unless comm payouts are changed) is unlikely to be a common occurrence (at least at the level of crafted gear).

Edited by eartharioch

I guess it would be for the people who actually wanted to wear the armor *for the stats* for their character, which (unless comm payouts are changed) is unlikely to be a common occurrence (at least at the level of crafted gear).

- New F2P players who do not unlock artifact quality.

- Maybe the stats on new crafted gear will be equal to or slightly better than moddable.

Right. Thanks for the correction. It has been so long that I have even looked at fixed stat gear (except for the stuff for companions that drops in boxes on Yavin 4) that I just blended the two concepts in my mind.

Well that's it I guess. The world came to an end for crafting so I unsubbed, deleted the game and and this will be my last post. Everyone been so generous with their time and knowlege so I wanted to thank all of you especially the crafters online. The smart play would be to keep all your secrets to yourself and not give anything to the competition but everyone so generous here with information it was really somtething special. Again thank all of you.

Well that's it I guess. The world came to an end for crafting so I unsubbed, deleted the game and and this will be my last post. Everyone been so generous with their time and knowlege so I wanted to thank all of you especially the crafters online. The smart play would be to keep all your secrets to yourself and not give anything to the competition but everyone so generous here with information it was really somtething special. Again thank all of you.

Asbalana and Wings wish you the best.

At this point you may want to go a month or two more, just to see the new content; nine chapters of story. In any case, keep visiting the forums. It may be the case that those of us who are seriously offput by what we are reading are wrong and the expansion is good. To us it is worth giving it a try, lol at least it will be some new stuff to see.

Everyone been so generous with their time and knowlege so I wanted to thank all of you especially the crafters online. The smart play would be to keep all your secrets to yourself and not give anything to the competition but everyone so generous here with information it was really somtething special.

I'm curious. To each his own, however, why in the world would anyone unsub from this game because of Crafting? I mean...I craft to help my toons out and make credits, but that part of the game was never good or impressive in the least. I'm frankly surprised that people liked Crafting in this game that much that these changes would make them quit the game.

I'm curious. To each his own, however, why in the world would anyone unsub from this game because of Crafting? I mean...I craft to help my toons out and make credits, but that part of the game was never good or impressive in the least. I'm frankly surprised that people liked Crafting in this game that much that these changes would make them quit the game.

Each to their own and you would think they would at least give it a go first but *shrug*.

Can I haz your stuff? ( I know you put the poster in the other thread heh :p )

Not everyone is a raider, not everyone is a pvper, not everyone is an RPer, not everyone is a GSFer, not everyone is a soloist. Some people play MMOs to craft and that is what they enjoy. With the changes to crafting, he no longer sees a point to playing SWTOR since crafting is his main MMO activity, and if crafting was like that for me, I would feel the same way. To put it in terms you could relate to, imagine if they removed Ops or pvp or whatever you like to do the most. Would you stay if they removed your primary activity in SWTOR?

To put it in terms you could relate to, imagine if they removed Ops or pvp or whatever you like to do the most. Would you stay if they removed your primary activity in SWTOR?

But they didn't remove Crafting. They just changed it. And many of the changes have been long needed and necessary.

At the same time, the Crafting system in this game has always been garbage. Sorry, but I can't believe there are peeps that play this game just to craft when the system is so bad.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Not everyone is a raider, not everyone is a pvper, not everyone is an RPer, not everyone is a GSFer, not everyone is a soloist. Some people play MMOs to craft and that is what they enjoy. With the changes to crafting, he no longer sees a point to playing SWTOR since crafting is his main MMO activity, and if crafting was like that for me, I would feel the same way. To put it in terms you could relate to, imagine if they removed Ops or pvp or whatever you like to do the most. Would you stay if they removed your primary activity in SWTOR?

Far be it for me to say what someone should or shouldn't enjoy about this game, but even as a "big time crafter" (if you'll excuse the hubris), I myself find it a bit hard to get too worked up about anything with regards to the crafting system.

Despite the fact that I have lots of alts that all do gathering / missions / crafting, despite the fact that I can make pretty much anything I need for friends and alts, and despite the fact that I made plenty of credits doing crafting, it is really just a minor part of my gameplay experience.

My entire "crafting empire" only occupies a few minutes a day, kicking off companion missions, switching to alts, listing stuff on the GTN.

Frankly, the activity of crafting isn't interesting enough for me to want to do more than that. I'd rather do other things in game that actually involve, I dunno, interaction with the game world? Other people? Something?

I've weathered every major change that has been thrown at us over the last 3+ years. Some good, some bad. I adjust to it because crafting is juuuuust interesting enough for me to do because I've mastered it and can make things and credits. And no change made to date (and I don't think 4.0 will change this opinion) has been so great that I couldn't just roll with the flow and STILL be able to make things and credits.

And honestly, what else is there about crafting in TOR, other than to make things and credits?

There are other games with deep, involved crafting environments, where the ACTIVITY of crafting itself is more sophisticated.

This one ain't it.

Edited by Khevar

Far be it for me to say what someone should or shouldn't enjoy about this game, but even as a "big time crafter" (if you'll excuse the hubris), I myself find it a bit hard to get too worked up about anything with regards to the crafting system.

Despite the fact that I have lots of alts that all do gathering / missions / crafting, despite the fact that I can make pretty much anything I need for friends and alts, and despite the fact that I made plenty of credits doing crafting, it is really just a minor part of my gameplay experience.

My entire "crafting empire" only occupies a few minutes a day, kicking off companion missions, switching to alts, listing stuff on the GTN.

Frankly, the activity of crafting isn't interesting enough for me to want to do more than that. I'd rather do other things in game that actually involve, I dunno, interaction with the game world? Other people? Something?

I've weathered every major change that has been thrown at us over the last 3+ years. Some good, some bad. I adjust to it because crafting is juuuuust interesting enough for me to do because I've mastered it and can make things and credits. And no change made to date (and I don't think 4.0 will change this opinion) has been so great that I couldn't just roll with the flow and STILL be able to make things and credits.

And honestly, what else is there about crafting in TOR, other than to make things and credits?

There are other games with deep, involved crafting environments, where the ACTIVITY of crafting itself is more sophisticated.

This one ain't it.

Well said, Khevar. You and I are of the same mind on all counts.

Why do you people feel the need to bash someone who leaves because they don't enjoy the game, or because they don't like the changes that are coming? Are their opinions so threatening to your own that you have to demean them to justify your own beliefs?

Sorry but he is right to feel the way he does and he is free to do it. It's not like he sat here ranting and raving. And people wonder why others say this community sucks, well that's a big reason right there.