Felix Iresso vs Doc romance

Ponku

Hello! I've been thinking of starting a plathrough as Jedi Knight or Consullar and one of the factors in the decission is a romance option. Could any kind player tell me their thoughts about Felix and Doc, without being too much spoilery?

I really enjoyed Doc's romance. I thought it was hilarious, sweet at times, and not overly sappy. I really, really liked how Doc and my Jedi stayed true to their characters, and didn't do or say something that wasn't them. There are a couple of nice surprises thrown in there too. He does come on strong in the beginning which can rub some people the wrong way. It seems people love him or hate him.

As for Felix, I found the romance a bit boring. I still haven't gotten all the way through it because of this. Don't get me wrong. Felix is an awesome character, sweet, respectful, and very soldier like without being an uptight jerk. He does something just before Corellia that made me like him even more. He just comes in a bit late in the story, for me.

Out of all official romances for a female PC Felix Iresso so far was my favorite. I’ve played the toons who romanced Quinn, Vector, Iresso, and Riggs. I have toons that met and finished Friendship sequences with Aric and Andronikos. I saw a lot of Doc’s content.

Iresso is the only character that does not try to unload his psychological baggage onto the PC, making her break out that well-worn textbook Psychotherapy 101 (AGAIN!) Bio handed us out with Anomen’s Romance back in 2000. In fact, he is adamant about being perfectly capable of managing anything that comes his way, and he doesn't agonize one single time about his past! He doesn't have a dead lover, wife, sister or daughter!

One winning thing about Iresso is that his dialogues with the PC are extremely natural/real. He talks like a man would. Or should. Or whatever. It’s just… right.

One of his letters is the best piece of romantic writing imo in the game.

His voice is not as good as Riggs’ or Zenith’. His customizations unfortunately do not respect his default looks and the fact that he should be more mature, but one of them is very attractive to me.

If all his dialogues were as strongly personal as the letter was; if his back-story was complete; if he did not give up on his carrier; and if they bothered to fix the ‘don’t show the headgear’ in the cutscenes; if he did not have that line about ‘all that staring is getting weird’ after marriage; and if he were customizable to a Togruta or a Mirialian… Oh, my! I’d consider him an actual competition for Zenith.

Doc… not my cup of tea. And he looks like a pimp. And he is the only option in the Universe for a female Knight. With Scourge on the crew!!!

Ideally, I wish I could romance Iresso and Scourge with the Knight, and Zenith with the Consular.

The world literature is rife with the mystical and magical ways in which love conquers all. ;) I am all for a romance that is Very and Totally Special for a female PC, seeing that the male of the class gets one, and males on the whole get so much more. Not that it’s going to happen, but if I could, I absolutely would.

The world literature is rife with the mystical and magical ways in which love conquers all. ;) I am all for a romance that is Very and Totally Special for a female PC, seeing that the male of the class gets one, and males on the whole get so much more. Not that it’s going to happen, but if I could, I absolutely would.

whats special about the JK males relationship? remember, the issue yoiu're talking about is dealt with by both genders and isn;'t really part of the romance. (part of why I like Kira is she becomes your partner and friend first and your love intreast later)

whats special about the JK males relationship? remember, the issue yoiu're talking about is dealt with by both genders and isn;'t really part of the romance. (part of why I like Kira is she becomes your partner and friend first and your love interest later)

I disagree. The relationship with Kira is by far more special, and it has all the heroics in the very special places, and the whole JK story is very much about the male Knight and Kira, with the whole forbidden romance between the two Jedi, and Kira’s formidable, plot-important background; and Kira being there from Tython on, and in the Fortress Kira’s being all in need of a rescue, and Kira’s having funny soundset; Kira’s being brave; Kira’s being perky; Kira’s being all that and more; and Kira being the only not the First Recruited Companion that has her own personal quest, and the game for the Knight basically finishing with Kira’s Quest to save….

The female Knight?

After being outright ignored by every male she runs into, at the end of Chapter 1 (that’s weeks into playing a game), finally a shifty-looking guy says he’d take that only speeder, buy-buy, without even a token nod to chivalry. That screams the romance, right there! And, he tries to get under her skirts!!! Oh, and he is a sissy healer with a blaster! And has an ex-wife! Then after a series of quickies, he decides to marry her! Woo-hoo! But he’s Okay if she’d rather not. So very special. Totally like Kira! High adventure! The stuff of legends! Worth playing a fantasy game for! Cannot be found anywhere else! What every woman secretly dreams about!

And that’s after the male Knight can flirt from Tython on, from a shy Twi’lek to Satele and Saresh. Males get to flirt with women in position of authority, powerful, attractive and cool, be that Larchys, Satele, Zash or Saresh. But when it comes to the female toons… the entire Jedi Order cannot field one powerful and sexy male that is interested in women. And their nemesis beat them in that department... by one lousy flirt with Arkous.

The HUGE Star Wars game, 8 Class stories, 40 joinable NPCs, thousands upon thousands of NPCs and not one developper thought that there are might be female players out there that would find a dashing Jedi knight or a dangerous Sith lord alluring? Or did they pondered it, and decided that their audience is too sophisticated for such a cliched choice?! And went with a drunk cowboy, a termite at heart, and a bunch of broken soldiers instead?

And, no, the game is not about a romance specifically, and there are tons, and tons of other stuff, and all that, but I play males now.

SWTOR finally convinced me to stop playing my own gender. I just want very different romantic interests that are on offer for all 8 classes as a female toon.

Edited by DomiSotto

Scourge sadly can't satisfy anyone anymore

Oh, I know. I remember, the massive amount of disappointment I felt, during that conversation. However, I do wonder....

SoR Spoiler read at your own risk!!!

if that part of Scourge can be reclaimed. Especially, if we are headed in the direction of killing the Emperor.

The HUGE Star Wars game, 8 Class stories, 40 joinable NPCs, thousands upon thousands of NPCs and not one developper thought that there are might be female players out there that would find a dashing Jedi knight or a dangerous Sith lord alluring? Or did they pondered it, and decided that their audience is too sophisticated for such a cliched choice?! And went with a drunk cowboy, a termite at heart, and a bunch of broken soldiers instead?

And, no, the game is not about a romance specifically, and there are tons, and tons of other stuff, and all that, but I play males now.

SWTOR finally convinced me to stop playing my own gender. I just want very different romantic interests that are on offer for all 8 classes as a female toon.

Hah..... this made me laugh. I too am a female player who has started playing male toons (currently finally leveling a smuggler - hellooooo ladies, yikes).

Admittedly, I have not finished the Doc romance all the way through yet, and while true, he is a bit pervy and certainly doesn't compare to the epic-ness of Kira, he is good for entertainment value (kind of the way I viewed Corso - you gotta take with a grain of salt).

On the general off-subject of romances for female toons, I'm rather fond of Aric and Torian for how well they actually match the PC, and Vector may be my favorite just for how interesting he is.

Good read so far :)

I played all BW games since the original Baldur's Gate and I enjoyed the romance options given in them very much for most of it. Oddly enough, I am not really into romancing my companions in SWTOR.

None of my Jedi has a relationship and I have played 4 knights and 2 counselars through the whole story. The Battlemaster of the Jedi Order or the Barsen'thor and Council Member being in a secret relationsship doesn't fit my view of these Jedi (I am not saying that them having a romance is wrong and nobody should do it, I just saying that the way how I view these characters is as being true to the Orders celibate ideal).

In addition to that Doc rubbed me the wrong way from the first meeting on. I do like hime as a companion, but romance? No way. I think Doc is actually quite a reliable friend and a person I would definitely want to have around in battle, he is a very brave and capable field medic after all. And I never get the feeling he would betray our friendship. But as a husband? I think it would work 2, 3 years with him, but then he would get bored. He would need to find someone that brushes his (considerable) ego. I don't think I could put up with this as a wife and it wwould probably end badly, with the friendship torn to pieces in the process. So Doc is a nice friend, but romance material? Please not.

Iresso seems to be a much more reliable husband. I cannot imagine him doing something that would hurt his love. He's a really solid guy. But with him I get the feeling after a few years of marriage it would be something like: "Honey, you go save the galaxy, I will stay here, take care of the children and do the dishes. Oh, and we will have some apple pie when you return. Give my greetings to Chancellor Saresh, when you meet here" Nothing wrong with a husband like that, but I think one of the greatest Jedi in history, the most capable (lightside) force user of her time would need someone more "challenging" than Iresso to keep a relationship interesting.

The only kind of person I could see my Barsen'thor to fall in love with would be - oddly enough - a Sith Lord. Someone who is strong, that taunts and haunts her, but also attracts her. Could be she will turn him to the light, or him turning her to the dark ... but surely something earth shattering would need to happen before my Barsen'thor would fall in love.

This is all my personal opinion and how I view these characters, feel free to disagree and spin your own story.

Since the OP didn't want too many details... Spoiler Tag Time!

Good read so far :)

But as a husband? I think it would work 2, 3 years with him, but then he would get bored. He would need to find someone that brushes his (considerable) ego. I don't think I could put up with this as a wife and it wwould probably end badly, with the friendship torn to pieces in the process. So Doc is a nice friend, but romance material? Please not.

Not really to be honest with you. The relationship with the Jedi Knight changes Doc considerably. When you first encounter him, he's a somewhat sleazy womanizer who just wants to get between the sheets with the Knight (or Kira, if a male Knight brings her with him to Balmorra), someone who doesn't seem to have a care in the world beyond his next conquest and keeping his status of living going.

But that is only the outside exterior. You get to know Doc more and more and you see that behind all that, behind all that Bravado, he is a very caring, nice guy. And as the romance progresses, he becomes even more reliable while still keeping his slightly odd sense of humor. He wants the Knight to "make a different man" out of him, he is no longer flirting with other women or even looks at them, he's become that devoted and lovestruck with the Knight. The fact that this guy is also totally down with becoming a dad says it all. So I don't think that Doc would ever get "bored" with the Knight. He even makes a comments about that in certain scenes, about how every time they are together it's different (granted though, this was a remark about their sexlife) and how we was expecting things to get stale, but they keep staying fresh.

Iresso seems to be a much more reliable husband. I cannot imagine him doing something that would hurt his love. He's a really solid guy. But with him I get the feeling after a few years of marriage it would be something like: "Honey, you go save the galaxy, I will stay here, take care of the children and do the dishes. Oh, and we will have some apple pie when you return. Give my greetings to Chancellor Saresh, when you meet here" Nothing wrong with a husband like that, but I think one of the greatest Jedi in history, the most capable (lightside) force user of her time would need someone more "challenging" than Iresso to keep a relationship interesting.

No, just no. Iresso is the kind of guy who would literally take a bullet for you. There is no way he would stay behind and look after the kids while you're out there adventuring. He would be too concerned about you to do so. Just because Iresso is kind of awkwardly cheerful for a soldier doesn't automatically mean he will take on the domestic duties while his wife is saving the galaxy (I don't think that even Corso would consent that while in a romance with the female Smuggler). This man will die for you to keep you save, and I just cannot imagine him any other way.

I am in a different boat here, because I do not look for a husband material in my digital love life. What I am looking for is a simulation of an epic adventure with an OMG! ROCK MY WORLD male character that follows a path to power all of his own and equals/rivals the PC. The closest I saw Bio deliver was Numen's Brock saga on Balmorra and Theron Shan with an Imperial character; Skavak & Hunter were also great beginnings of rival romances, but both kindda fell flat in the end. For a male, it was Cytherat on Makeb.

All and all, the only in-party charcater that fits my bill is Zenith, with the "Take the Galaxy, Balmorra is mine" line. The whole relationship between a diplomat and a local politician is awesome. Of course, Bio spoiled it some, by giving what should have been Zenith' duties to Cordain in Act 3 (and, by the look of it, on Rishi too).

I had one brief moment of liking Vector, when I thought his soundset line went "Son of a Hut!" in his awkward tone (wow, maybe he is growing... erm... mandibles), but oh, noes, it was the "Song of a Hunter begins..." and after that I was all about trying and not getting Jadus (with 'stay silent' option being the closest to flirts), then Aristocra (apparently in this game you can either be polite or get a man, and not both), and the Hunter (not getting him either).

Other than that, I think i would have preferred the same style romance as I have seen in the Trooper's story, with a very prominent re-occurring character that sometimes joins the PC, but doesn't stay in the cargo hold (or on the ship's bridge) the rest of the time in his underwear.

Edited by DomiSotto

I disagree. The relationship with Kira is by far more special, and it has all the heroics in the very special places, and the whole JK story is very much about the male Knight and Kira, with the whole forbidden romance between the two Jedi, and Kira’s formidable, plot-important background; and Kira being there from Tython on, and in the Fortress Kira’s being all in need of a rescue, and Kira’s having funny soundset; Kira’s being brave; Kira’s being perky; Kira’s being all that and more; and Kira being the only not the First Recruited Companion that has her own personal quest, and the game for the Knight basically finishing with Kira’s Quest to save….

The female Knight?

After being outright ignored by every male she runs into, at the end of Chapter 1 (that’s weeks into playing a game), finally a shifty-looking guy says he’d take that only speeder, buy-buy, without even a token nod to chivalry. That screams the romance, right there! And, he tries to get under her skirts!!! Oh, and he is a sissy healer with a blaster! And has an ex-wife! Then after a series of quickies, he decides to marry her! Woo-hoo! But he’s Okay if she’d rather not. So very special. Totally like Kira! High adventure! The stuff of legends! Worth playing a fantasy game for! Cannot be found anywhere else! What every woman secretly dreams about!

And that’s after the male Knight can flirt from Tython on, from a shy Twi’lek to Satele and Saresh. Males get to flirt with women in position of authority, powerful, attractive and cool, be that Larchys, Satele, Zash or Saresh. But when it comes to the female toons… the entire Jedi Order cannot field one powerful and sexy male that is interested in women. And their nemesis beat them in that department... by one lousy flirt with Arkous.

OMG! I couldn't have said it better!! Female toons are so screwed romantically. Doc? Really? Who wouldn't stab that guy in the heart after one conversation? and what true Jedi would risk their reputation for something like that? My male guard had serious conversations about what happens with Kira before they went for it. My female Sentinel tosses it to the wind over Doc? Iresso is just too precious but with my Jedi being dark I'm having a hard time getting up with him.

• 9 months later...

It's a matter of taste. Doc is awfully immature on my opinion, I didn't like him and his stupid remarks "gorgeous". Played through the romance hoping that I missed something as many players loved Doc . That type of guy could have worked with my Smuggler, but bad match for my JK. Even his letter to my JK when she disappeared was stupid

("call me, I'm worried" against "I will not stop looking for you even if it kills me" from Malavai Quinn to Sith Warrior)

Iresso, on the other hand, is a mature romance (and many might dislike it for absence of emotional ups and downs). It's a bit tragic

(that datacron that might kill him any moment)

I've played multiple Consular's to 50. I kept one married to Felix, but the rest I had either not start or break it off. He's not bad, but he's just not the right fit for Consular (imo anyways). I think I'd like him much more on Smuggler or Agent maaaybe Hunter, but not Trooper.

Doc. Sometimes I wonder if people don't play all the way through the companion quests when they decided to love or hate the companion. When I see so much hate for Quinn and not Kaliyo...I start to think that's the case. :p

I've played multiple Consular's to 50. I kept one married to Felix, but the rest I had either not start or break it off. He's not bad, but he's just not the right fit for Consular (imo anyways). I think I'd like him much more on Smuggler or Agent maaaybe Hunter, but not Trooper.

Doc. Sometimes I wonder if people don't play all the way through the companion quests when they decided to love or hate the companion. When I see so much hate for Quinn and not Kaliyo...I start to think that's the case. :p

I suspect there would be a lot less Quinn hate if he were a girl. It's ok if Thana and Vailyn try to kill you, 'cause they're "hot" :rolleyes: I like Doc, btw.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I suspect there would be a lot less Quinn hate if he were a girl. It's ok if Thana and Vailyn try to kill you, 'cause their "hot" :rolleyes: I like Doc, btw.

Oh, I'm sure of it. :p Look at Lana. When the original companions where still around is was hate hate on Lana. Now that she's the only one to have go around, it's love love love. :p

Though, I'll be fair, it seems the same in terms of roll reversal. How can anyone like so and so, such a *****. :p

Though, I still have no idea how anyone can consider Vailyn hot. *baffled*