"Get out of melee range" skill for PvP

SeloDaoC

Commandos should be given a "Get out of melee range" skill.

As it is now, you almost always gets pulled in, snared/stunned and beat down by the pullers friends in a second, and theres nothing you can do to get away.

A skill where you aim your gun down on the ground, fire (and maybe do a smaller aoe damage to everyone near) and you get launched 30m backwards

That would be a very nice skill that is used for ranged classes in many mmos

As it is now, you almost always gets pulled in, snared/stunned and beat down by the pullers friends in a second, and theres nothing you can do to get away.

A skill where you aim your gun down on the ground, fire (and maybe do a smaller aoe damage to everyone near) and you get launched 30m backwards

Was it

1) Disengage from WoW?

or

2) Caitlyn's "90 Caliber Net" from League of Legends?

Would prefer Tristana's "Rocket Jump" or "Buster Shot".

Edited by ChromeLight

Considering vanguard is more melee than commando (Gut, various stockstrike skills etc)...no, I don't think there should be any ability of the sort. While the class doesn't mean you have to melee, it should be expected to be in melee range more.

They only melee class I have a problem with as a Combat Medic is Operative.

I hate snipers too btw.

Anything else in PvP I have a great chance of getting away from, CC'ing, or just Stockstriking and Pulse Canon'ing until reinforcements arrive. Sure, I still die when it's 4 on 1, but you are supposed to die with those odds.

I'd love to have a chance to live when I'm at melee with my Combat Medic.

When I'm perma slowed Cocussion Charge does nothing.

You could always sacrifice some throughput for PVP related skills from the Assault tree. Namely, Degauss and Parallactic Combat Stims.

You have a few ways to get out of melee range without jumping back like a huntaaar. Gunnery commandos have one of the best aoe knockbacks in the game and that also allows stockstrick to turn into a small knock back. Use the terrain, if you are up high knock them down and pound them.

If you are faced with operatives the moment you are CC'd you should immediately pop the cc breaker and throw up your reactive shield and adrenalin rush. Ops hit hard right out but lose it pretty quickly. If you think you have a chance to defeat them throw down your stealth scan just in case they try to disappear and run away. Ops also have a spammable instant cast cooldown when they are below 30% health so you need to stun them when they are low to finish them off.

l2p........

Medic tree needs a snare.

There are snares in both the other trees that I can use in combo with Concussive Charge to help maintain distance and/or get escape. However, you should never expect this to be full proof as melee need a way to kill you because that is what they do.

Edited by Dubage