The Bantha Mount

Hi all how common is this mount across servers? We have 3 on the Red Eclipse cheapest at 12mil which seems insane. I can only assume we have less people buying packs.

Although Im curious is this a ridiculously rare mount or just down to fewer packs being bought?

On the primary server I play GTN on, there's been at least 6 unique Banthas on the GTN so far but they disappear quickly.

12+ listings if you count all the people who keep buying up and reselling the Banthas (obvious from the relative timestamps).

And then the people who buy the resold Banthas, and relist them even higher. :p

General progression since Packs unlocked has been about 2.5mil (bought and relisted within 20 minutes) → 5mil → 6mil → 8mil → now up to 10-12mil from mercenary relisters.

It's fairly common as pack goods go IMO, but since it's completely new and unique right now, the market is extremely unstable — they disappear almost instantly once listed, aggressive GTN mercs keep relisting them at quadrupled prices, etc.

Give it a few weeks to stabilize to a normal supply level and reliable price range and we'll get a better understanding of actual demand/cost.

They are around 6 mil on my server, with 1-2 listed. I've seen 3 or so of them around on players, one of my guildies got one in a pack so he's super chuffed about it because he loves animal mounts. I think it's pretty rare because I don't see many around or listed on GTN, but not unusually so compared to other super rare cartel pack mounts.

Thanks for all the replies. We have had 3 on the Red Eclipse now (same sellers) since about 6pm gmt last night. The prices are ranging from 12-14.5 mil so I think they might have hit their highest price or at least for trying to do the trick that theyve currently been doing

Seems like the rarest item out of the packs to me. Then again brand new items with low supply and high demand are going to have the same effect. I watched this mount start off at 10 million in the morning yesterday, in the afternoon it already was 1 page full, and down to 4 million.

Sometimes you just have to wait patiently till an item comes down to a price you like. Sometimes you can mail a person who is selling something you would like to buy and strike a better deal with them.

It's definitely one of those "YEAHHHHHH A BANTHA!!! ... why did I want this, again?" kind of things, IMO. The act of getting it is more satisfying than actually using it.

Prices will probably nosedive as people begin realizing this. :p

Rancors on the other hand will probably consistently tear your wallets apart once they hit GTN.

Like it happened with the other expensive mounts that still cost around 5 million credits? :p

Speaking of nosedive, the Progenitor had a Bantha for 5,5 million creds in the GTN today, I fully expect them to go down further.

Edited by Wylf

Like it happened with the other expensive mounts that still cost around 5 million credits? :p

Speaking of nosedive, the Progenitor had a Bantha for 5,5 million creds in the GTN today, I fully expect them to go down further.

My guess is those mounts that are still sitting around 5 mill + are ones from old packs you can no longer obtain otherwise. Good chance those ones will just go up more and more in price. The Bantha on the other hand is from a brand new pack, which will be available for who knows 3-6 months? New stuff always starts high. Give it a week I bet they will be under 1 million.

Edited by Hoshkar

Give it a week I bet they will be under 1 million.

I seriously hope so. I want a bantha really badly, which I probably mentioned a dozen times on this forum already. But... I'm also notoriously poor (sitting at around 3 million creds right now, on all my characters combined). So a Bantha for under 1 million would be a dream come true ;X

I seriously hope so. I want a bantha really badly, which I probably mentioned a dozen times on this forum already. But... I'm also notoriously poor (sitting at around 3 million creds right now, on all my characters combined). So a Bantha for under 1 million would be a dream come true ;X

Not 15 minutes ago someone was selling one for 3 million out of trade chat, and they wanted to unload it fast lol. Some people see this as a very ugly mount :p

Like it happened with the other expensive mounts that still cost around 5 million credits? :p.
I don't know what server you play on, but the only mounts over about 2.5mil on my GTN are ones that are 'discontinued' but still extremely popular — Command Thrones / Hoverchairs, basically.

Other animal mounts like Veractyls and Dewbacks also went insane at first because of the novelty factor, but rarely crest 2mil now.

Likewise the Mandalorian Hunter stuff is going to nosedive hard once people realize it rains from the sky in Hotshot Packs, it doesn't dye correctly at all (tons of hideous 'blank' patches), etc. But for now it's posting at relatively high prices for a pack's 'junk' armors simply because of hype / anticipation.

Edited by SW_display_name

Me too. I really love collecting animal mounts. So far I have 2 veractyls, a dewback and a tauntaun. But I have no credits as I've not really being doing dailies. Hopefully I can off-load some of the armour I'm sitting on and get one.

It's definitely one of those "YEAHHHHHH A BANTHA!!! ... why did I want this, again?" kind of things, IMO. The act of getting it is more satisfying than actually using it.

Rancors on the other hand will probably consistently tear your wallets apart once they hit GTN.

Funny, to me it's probably the other way around. I find the Rancor incredibly ugly, especially the animations. I'll probably like the CM one slightly better since it doesn't have those weird looking lights on it. I may be in the minority thinking this.

That's a point I was going to make. Most of the old "OMG I NEED THIS!" mounts are still listed for a few millions, but they never seem to sell (same seller names keep popping up) and once in a while someone puts one up for 1-2 million. Those usually get snagged pretty fast but even those remain unsold for some of the older ones.

I think greed is just kicking in and people think that others are still happy to pay millions for a mount that almost everyone has.

I was on the Harbinger server recently and I did find like 2-3 pages of banthas on the GTN. Alot of them ranging from 5- 20 million credits I think.

A little before I checked the GTN for that I did saw 1 guy on his bantha mount near the GTN. It was the only time so far that I've seen someone already having that bantha.

What I want to know is...can they jump?

Edited by plotenox

That's a point I was going to make. Most of the old "OMG I NEED THIS!" mounts are still listed for a few millions, but they never seem to sell (same seller names keep popping up) and once in a while someone puts one up for 1-2 million. Those usually get snagged pretty fast but even those remain unsold for some of the older ones.
I've started noticing this too.

I'm not sure how some of these sellers have the time, GTN slots, or inventory to do this, but I see their same overpriced items sitting there relisted for weeks on end.

And they obsessively undercut any competitor overpricers within like an hour. (what do they do all day? :confused:)

I guess if you're patient enough all you have to do is make a few sales per week to pay off? It just seems so tedious, I prefer to keep my inventory flowing with a high-volume / market price approach.

Edited by SW_display_name

Hi all how common is this mount across servers? We have 3 on the Red Eclipse cheapest at 12mil which seems insane. I can only assume we have less people buying packs.

Although Im curious is this a ridiculously rare mount or just down to fewer packs being bought?

The Harbinger has 20 for sale right now with the cheapest being 5.4 million. Keep in mind a few things here.

#1 - The absolute worst time to buy something from a CM pack is in the first few days after the pack has been released. Everything has a bind timer on it....and once those timers start wearing off, the first few people list items for ridiculously high prices. Others then start trying to undercut these prices but the undercutting has to work its way down from the ridiculously high start point as supply builds up.

#2 - There are no other Bantha mounts in the game. This is a pretty popular item which means people getting them in CM packs are much less likely to sell them. As additional color variations are released in future packs or through other methods, the price will come down just like it did with Tauntauns and Dewbacks.

#3 - The weekend is always the best time to buy as far as prices. More people online and supply off stuff on the GTN increases on the weekend which drives down the price as everyone tries to undercut each other. The weekend has just barely started....the price will continue to go down on Saturday and Sunday.

If you want a decent price, then you'll have to be patient and wait out the market. If not, then you're just the type of person that the sellers with the high prices are looking for. They are hoping that impatient people who gotta have it right now will pay their ridiculously inflated prices.

I'll just compare it to the first Varactyl that came out. The first Woodlands were really, really expensive for a while and there were threads about it on this very forum to complain about the drop rate IIRC. Of course that changed with the Grassland which not only increased supply but also lowered demand, and still seems to drop fairly often compared with the Woodland and Coastal.

As for Manda Hunter taking a dive, I'm not too sure that will happen. Case in point: Dramatic Extrovert's price has not dropped. It may dip, a little... but I think when packs are no longer opened en masse, Manda Hunter will keep its price, unless they release more similar sets pretty soon.

JimG said it very well. :)

Now, if by some miracle they don't have another release of Bantha mounts -- either recolors, or putting this one in another pack too -- I don't doubt that the price for this mount will remain rather high. Unlike the Zeldrate mount, which had one release and no recolors but is still pretty inexpensive, the Bantha is a lot more popular. But there are oodles of Tauntans and Varactyls released, so even though they are quite popular, you can easily pick one up for under a mil on the GTN.

Personally, I love the Bantha mount, it is so cute! But I can't see myself buying one unless it dips to 1 mil or less. As awesome as it is, I don't think it is versatile enough for me to justify a higher price. Not a lot of places I'd want to use a bantha mount, y'know? :p

The Harbinger has 20 for sale right now with the cheapest being 5.4 million. Keep in mind a few things here.

#1 - The absolute worst time to buy something from a CM pack is in the first few days after the pack has been released. Everything has a bind timer on it....and once those timers start wearing off, the first few people list items for ridiculously high prices. Others then start trying to undercut these prices but the undercutting has to work its way down from the ridiculously high start point as supply builds up.

#2 - There are no other Bantha mounts in the game. This is a pretty popular item which means people getting them in CM packs are much less likely to sell them. As additional color variations are released in future packs or through other methods, the price will come down just like it did with Tauntauns and Dewbacks.

#3 - The weekend is always the best time to buy as far as prices. More people online and supply off stuff on the GTN increases on the weekend which drives down the price as everyone tries to undercut each other. The weekend has just barely started....the price will continue to go down on Saturday and Sunday.

If you want a decent price, then you'll have to be patient and wait out the market. If not, then you're just the type of person that the sellers with the high prices are looking for. They are hoping that impatient people who gotta have it right now will pay their ridiculously inflated prices.

^^ Jim nailed it right there.

Once the blush wears off on the Bantha... I expect we will routinely see them in multiple colors and for well less then 2M credits on the GTN. But it will take a bit for that to happen.