If we're losing our companions, PLEASE JUST TELL US

SenileBomber

I can't be the only one sick of this wishy-washy noncommittal language in all our previews of KotFE, right? Clearly they're making changes with our companions, but they refuse to tell what, precisely is changing. This baiting along does not make me more interested in the game, it only makes me frustrated and starts to make me wonder if I should even bother playing the game.

Are these characters I'm investing time and, in the case of Treek, money in going to be discarded? Is all the time I spent building up their approval essentially wasted time? All I want is a straight answer: "Yes, they're coming back," "No, they're not coming back," just something!

If a BioWare dev happens to read this I'm begging you, just be straight with us. I want to know for a fact whether I'm getting some kind of return in the coming expansion for bothering with my companions up until this point.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a bit of luck we'll know more tomorrow. I imagine the question's going to be coming up a LOT during the cantina event. :D

thats if they survive the pitchfork and torch lynch mobs regarding everything else about this update.

Ideally returning companions will be a matter of choice. Any other solution brings in major distress to some aspect of the community. We all have companions we 'need' to keep over others and companions we would cheerfully boot out of airlock.

What is the cantina event?

The STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tours are “meet-and-greet” style events held by the SWTOR Community Team around the globe. At each event, attendees will get the chance to meet SWTOR developers, the Community Team, and other players to talk about their adventures in the Old Republic! Come eat, drink, and have your chance at winning some great prizes!

http://www.swtor.com/community-events/register

I doubt we will loose Treek. Treek is not ingrained into any sort of previous story as far as I know, so it'd be easy for them to maybe have us awake into this new expansion and make contact somehow with Treek. Maybe a datapad / communicator we have in our Inv. or something. The amount of rage that would boil beyond this forum if they actually removed something ( permanently ) players had bought to augment their personal gaming experience...it wouldn't be pretty IMO.

The other companions...well I'm not so sure what's in store for them.

All very exciting to me but I totally understand how others simply do not want their companions messed with period.

Hopefully they'll reveal more details about companions. I'm hopeful a blog may be on the way or something positive to takeaway from tomorrows Comic Con Cantina event.

SWTOR has always had some element of time travel in it as specific planets exist at differing moments of time. It's an issue when progressing through a narrative structure that expects future and past timelines to co-exist. By and large the players accept this oddity.

It's amusing that I find myself wary of the new situation as it sounds far more like the system I would have wanted from launch. You get to choose your crew, they may leave if they don't like the things you do, and it sounds that you may also be able to select what role they take (re-introduction of the beta packs?).

In a perfect world I would like to retain all companions (just temporarily deactivate those old companions so I can not use them in new content, and vice versa) but if push comes to shove I'm more than happy to lose them.

And, while I have had to make up numerous reasons why I keep companions I hate around, it will be interesting to see how eager I am to get rid of them for good if I get a chance.

Edited by Vhaegrant

thats if they survive the pitchfork and torch lynch mobs regarding everything else about this update.

There will be no pitchforks or lynch mobs

All the internet warriors work from the shadows of anonymity....never in the light of day...

The horribly screeching sounds of the vocal minority are confined to message boards...like these

I doubt we will loose Treek. Treek is not ingrained into any sort of previous story as far as I know, so it'd be easy for them to maybe have us awake into this new expansion and make contact somehow with Treek. Maybe a datapad / communicator we have in our Inv. or something. The amount of rage that would boil beyond this forum if they actually removed something ( permanently ) players had bought to augment their personal gaming experience...it wouldn't be pretty IMO.

The other companions...well I'm not so sure what's in store for them.

All very exciting to me but I totally understand how others simply do not want their companions messed with period.

^This. The only companion I care about keeping is the one in whom I invested actual money. The ones in whom I only invested time, imagination, or emotion, BW may shuffle the deck as they see fit.

I can't be the only one sick of this wishy-washy noncommittal language in all our previews of KotFE, right? Clearly they're making changes with our companions, but they refuse to tell what, precisely is changing. This baiting along does not make me more interested in the game, it only makes me frustrated and starts to make me wonder if I should even bother playing the game.

Are these characters I'm investing time and, in the case of Treek, money in going to be discarded? Is all the time I spent building up their approval essentially wasted time? All I want is a straight answer: "Yes, they're coming back," "No, they're not coming back," just something!

If a BioWare dev happens to read this I'm begging you, just be straight with us. I want to know for a fact whether I'm getting some kind of return in the coming expansion for bothering with my companions up until this point.

I have a feeling Treek and HK, will be immune to choices. Treek is a BH who works for you, HK is a droid you program.

Edited by Darturion

I have a feeling Treek and HK, will be immune to choices. Treek is a BH who works for you, HK is a droid you program.
My chief concern about Treek is ...

During one conversation, she mentions that she has very short life span. I just hope the old girl is still waddling around when I unfreeze.

My chief concern about Treek is ...

During one conversation, she mentions that she has very short life span. I just hope the old girl is still waddling around when I unfreeze.

My chief concern about Treek is...

During one conversation, she mentions that she is the only one of her kind to make it off planet. And yet I see her everywhere... I hear her everywhere... even when I sleep.

Edited by Vhaegrant

There will be no pitchforks or lynch mobs

All the internet warriors work from the shadows of anonymity....never in the light of day...

The horribly screeching sounds of the vocal minority are confined to message boards...like these

They've had their some criticism at cantina events before. In fact, I believe it was 1 or 2 ago they were asked why we went a year and four months without an operation and Musco's answer was that they realize that was a big mistake and it won't happen again.

Edited by DarkDisturbed

No need to get your underwear in a bind.

I seriously doubt, the devs are going to reveal anything worth a damn people.

We are a little over 100 days away from early access and I don't see much coming out until maybe a week or two away if that.

Treek and HK are companions that came from special circumstances.

They are not the "original" five companions you ran all over hell's creation to get.

And by the looks of it, the story will have us use a couple new companions.

I really wouldn't consider Lana and Theron new since they stayed away from the fun on Rishi.

Now Nico should be fun since he's a damn Slinger, baby!!!!

Can't wait to use him as bait. :rolleyes:;)

Edited by IslanderRebel

Bingo -- well said.

My chief concern about Treek is...

During one conversation, she mentions that she is the only one of her kind to make it off planet. And yet I see her everywhere... I hear her everywhere... even when I sleep.

Make an appointment with Doc, ASAP.