Which spec with Jugg?

Morath

Greetings,

I am taking a break from my healer and I normally play with my bro. He has a dps Jugg. I decided to play sniper and after playing at level 70 for a day, really like it. I'm currently playing engi. I thought with the utility it would compliment his rage jugg for pvp. We only pvp.

I hav'nt tried the other 2 specs but engi seems fun. We will try it this weekend. Thoughts?

Edited by Morath

for pvp, i personally prefer marksman for it's best in game burst. engi does not have as much burst, but gains a great deal of mobility over mm and is harder for melee classes to kill. honestly, this just comes down to which spec you like better.

All specs of the sniper are nice at all, but every spec have advantages and disadvantages.

My fave spec is marksmanship. MS has a very nice utility in all categories.

With the correct rotation you make a lot of damage, you have many movement abilities with entrench after ur covered escape and 2 additional utilities (Seek Cover and Reestablish Range). With the Utility reestablish range u have also a very annoying knockback for melees, because of the reset of penetrating blasts. After two knockbacks and ur normal kick the melee is bored of u and he will take another target (i swear :D). I really cant name some disadvantages for the MS spec, it is very funny. try it

Edited by BbOoBbBbYy

I appreciate the reply's. I was really asking to see what would help him more. I was thinking with plasma probe it would slow everybody so we could smash them easier. Obviously a healer is going to synergize best but from a DPS standpoint I was just looking at the spec that would help us work together best.

As I said - every spec have advantages and disadvantages :D

Of course, the engi sniper has the big void which have a very annoying slow, but with one movement ability the enemy is out of the void. If u always renew the void u go low on energy :D So good players will outplay u easily. Also u have a stun with ur emp discharge, so sometimes u stun the enemy senseless and fill the resolve-bar (e.g. in end-zones when a pt want to pull the enemy into burning fire or something other). The most unlikely point is that ur energy regeneration depends on the explosive Probe. If the enemy dodge ur weapon damage shots u dont trigger the Cluster bombs the explosive probe drops after its detonation -> u go low on energy. hope u can comprehend my problems with the engi sniper. :D last but not least in my eyes the engi sniper is semi-viable in pvp, because the survivability is the same as in the other specs.

Im going to hold the flag for virulence here. I love virulence in pvp as the 'long burst is great' - if a target is out of defensives and you open up on them they are usually dead after 2 culls, which is great (especially if people ignore you and let you free cast). Target switching is great, but you can usually DoT spread very easily and end up with DoTs on 4/5 targets, which is netting you roughly 3k dps without doing anything else. Kiting isn't the easiest, but you have good utilities for that and Snipers have enough skill to slow/immobilise and run away from melee that you should be fine. I tend not to play MM because there are SO MANY CASTS. Once you're entrench is up and someone wants to interrupt you you're kinda screwed. Not saying it cant work though, but the kiting isn't as good as Viru or Engi. Engi is useful for being annoying, but I think takes the most skill to have the most impact (although if played well an Engi Sniper can carry a whole team). This includes things like probe placement, knowing when to burst, when to stun etc.

Another pvp tip. Learn to use the skills that you dont use often in PvE very frequently. Leg shot, maim, diversion, the push etc. as these are the things that will keep you alive. Snipers cant face tank anything, but you can usually do a v. good job of keeping people away and then when they catch up to you, you have shield probe and evasion before all the other skills come off cooldown again. Lots of buttons, use them all...

• 1 month later...
Personally I would say MM/SS would be best, your Bro has AOE covered which means you would be best off getting some single target burst to help get rid of big mobs at the start. Plus in larger groups there is usually 1 or 2 guys standing outside most AOEs which you can kill handily. Not to mention you can both use companion tanks at first then switch to healers later.