Post 5.6 Dirty Fighting/Virulence Parsing

shelobfirexx

Hi All,

I don't know if many of you have yet had a chance to try parsing with the new energy changes yet, but I'm going to raise this issue anyway. The new energy feels great (thanks BW!) and makes a whole lotta sense. However, for whatever reason a few friends and I have all lost DPS in our parses, ranging from 200 DPS to 800 DPS (thanks BW!). We suspect that it might be to do with the lingering effect of DoTs, but I had a quick glance at the logs and didnt notice anything immediately wrong. It could also have something to do with the new castbar 'feature' as well.To those who are more technically capable than I am - do you reckon this is just a bug somewhere which needs fixing, or is this what we are left with?

Thanks all!

Edited by shelobfirexx

I didn't notice any bugs, it's just the range of dps you can get in any given parse has shrunk by a lot.

With the current energy regen from dots, it is like having a 50% crit chance on every dot and internal part of lethal shot. If you were running a lower alacrity and had a higher crit chance, then 50% crit chance was decent but the upper limit was way higher, so you'd have more overall energy in the old system than the new system for the best parses. If you were running higher alacrity and lower crit, 50% crit chance is incredibly good. So far someone's already gotten a 10.3k parse (not far off from best before change) so I suspect that the possible max parse has not changed much. I only parsed a bit so far and always had really bad crits though.

I suspect for most people there's an issue with the castbar bug. I've parsed virulence so much that I can just listen to the cull/SoS ticks, but for anyone who hasn't gotten to that point, it's way harder to make sure the next ability is hit immediately after cull/SoS ends. Even if there's only .1-.2s for each channel, that's a lot of extra time added that would severely bring down dps.

Given that we now dont have to worry about crit for energy purposes, what do you think the new reccomended stats are? Im tempted to try over 1860 alacrity, and see what that feels like. As it happens at the moment I and not having any energy issues at all, and on.y have to use roll 5/6 times in one parse (but this may be, as you pointed out, a lower apm),

Given that we now dont have to worry about crit for energy purposes, what do you think the new reccomended stats are? Im tempted to try over 1860 alacrity, and see what that feels like. As it happens at the moment I and not having any energy issues at all, and on.y have to use roll 5/6 times in one parse (but this may be, as you pointed out, a lower apm),

Yeah, that's what I thought instinctively: Alacrity and Crit will switch places. I doubt that Crit will be replaced outright, but Alacrity will dominate. It has potential.