My last day in SWTOR

Starbuckx

Its been an interesting couple of months with this game.

For me, the major problems with this game (and I'm only interested in PvP)

1. No Open RvR - Ilum doesn't count and I think should have been deleted a long time ago. This is a must have for any pvp game.

2. PvP End game - There is no end game system to keep you fighting, no rankings, or tables or ladfers or guild states or anything. Gear is not enough, as once you have it there is no point and I don' think they should keep introuducing gear to keep people playing. I hate gear games, I'd be happy with all cosmetic gear. The game should be fun without gear or its not worth playing.

3. PvP Gear and Valor rank system - This is the worst game I've ever play in terms of the system thats used. If chance based is not bad enough that actually ruined the whole system for a lot of people by giving out free valor after 1.1 and left it like that.

4. CC system. As melee I hate it. Too much in the game imo and makes it more of a range game. Thats not balanced.

5. End game content - there is nothing to do...without Ilum you only have warzones and they get boring after a while. the 1.2 changes that are being proposed even though I don't really know what they are, should have been around from day one.

6. No macro support - I would have thought this was standard these days. Would be great to clean up the toolbars...my poor little brain can't handle 26 different buttons to press.

7. No confidence in the development team - Since launch I think some of the changes that have been made have made the game worse. Fundamental changes that have killed the game for a lot of people. I don't know whether the leadership can make this into a good pvp game but I'd love to see them do it. Do you have any direction? You can't make a game and then fundamentally change what it stands for as you go along...if you've made be choices live with them, people who like those choices will stay and those that don't will go. If you keep changing your mind you'll piss off everyone at some point.

If the game had ranked matches, 8v8 queues, queue for what you want and maybe more warzones to choose from, if those things were present and a really good ORvR game then I think a lot of pvp'ers would be attracted to this game. Playing a Marauder has a good feel too it, better than a lot of games I've played if a little too complicated for my liking.

I'll keep an eye on upcoming pvp content to see if I resub, if anything happens before a couple of major titles are released in the coming months.

Enjoy.

L2R.

Ask yaself how old the game is, then ask yaself how much other MMO's had, when it was as old. Just to mention one, WoW didnt even have a BG or PvP reward system to begin with.

GW2 will fail, because ya will fail in that game too and ragequit

Edited by Sylare

He is right on all points, it was really hard to make up my mind on another resub but i did it to see 1.2 that is BW last chance for me.

After reading about 1.2 it feels like that patch will end the beta testing and we get the game they wanted to release.

Oh and OP can i have your stuff? :)

L2R.

Ask yaself how old the game is, then ask yaself how much other MMO's had, when it was as old. Just to mention one, WoW didnt even have a BG or PvP reward system to begin with.

2004 is not 2012!!!

GW2 atleast will bring some fresh air in to the genre. Even if its a fail, you dont have to pay 15bucks to play the fail!!!

and btw for those interested in the GW2 open world pvp concept :

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-on-guild-wars-2-world-vs-world

have to agree with the op.

Have been having a good time in swtor, I liked the warzones, but when you rank up to 66+ you begin to get tired of the queing and wating on imperial fleet.

I'm missing a open pvp content, the illum wasn't my thing.

I want something to fight for ( not just dailys to grind gear ).

I would give the game moore time, but the players on the server are dropping.

But I'll wait for the patch in march and see if they can bring the game to life again.

L2R.

Ask yourself, how did BW manage to exclude commonly accepted functionality that has proven itself across multiple games? By the time development started on this game, many other games had already solved basic convenience functions. Ask yourself, were these things excluded out of BW hubris or just abject stupidity. Ask yourself, why are you so desperate to support what is probably the most poorly designed MMO to come out in years.

I agree with the OP.

I cancelled my account 2 weeks ago, waiting for sub to run out. For me it's the blatent game breaking bugs.

1) /stuck in ilum after you die. * working as intended * ??

2) Being able to unbalance a WZ on a whim ( easily recreatable bug )

3) Ilum valor favors the realm with the most population, which is quite clearly imperials, not to mention there is no reason to brave the imp zerg once you get the daily done.

4) Once I hit lvl 60 Valor, there was nothing but the 2 dailies, and the same 3 WZ i've been playing since release ( and the WZ dont even count for BM gear ). And like i said Ilum is useless on my server for the repubs, we outnumbered 3-1 easily.

Yeah im waiting to see what 1.2 has but why we have to wait for a customizable ui as a "coming soon" feature has me scratching my head.

I like the dev team but i have lost faith in pvp development. When i see what happened at 1.1 patch and james ohlen saying "we have the best pvp team" when we dont even have a raid assist or even a tangible objective (not pretend taking the outside of a base) in ilum is beyond me.

I feel like i been waiting for this game for years only to be told to wait longer and trust bioware. Well i dont..anymore anyways im gonna give it 6 months but i have a feeling 1.2 will be it for me well see.

To those who dont think this was advertised as a pvp mmo listen to this

"the best in game gear is gotten by pvp" I like how he saying ilum 100vs100 what will happen? well apparently you instance the hell out of it gabe and make me spend all my time shuttling to go to ilum 3 or 5 or whatver one has the most action only to not be able to go cuz its full!

I cant wait for con to say if you think ilum sucks raise your hand...

Edited by hargrave

Ask yourself, how did BW manage to exclude commonly accepted functionality that has proven itself across multiple games? By the time development started on this game, many other games had already solved basic convenience functions. Ask yourself, were these things excluded out of BW hubris or just abject stupidity. Ask yourself, why are you so desperate to support what is probably the most poorly designed MMO to come out in years.

Its simpel. Im good, so I love the game, ya suck so ya QQ