Last time I wrote about this, the ingame ticket was removed

Last time this occurred ticket was removed. Many others in the ops wrote about it too and their tickets got removed too. I just wanted to get customer service's attention with this rant because it doesn't feel entirely rewarding wasting few hours a week for supposedly receiving bh coms via story mode operations. It seems not all bugs are fixed concerning group finder and queuing for sm operations (for bh coms).

Today, much like soon after group finder was implemented, we queued a premade operation for random operation (ev or kp sm). For everyone, it said "reward available" -however, at the end it was completely random to whom the group finder decided to give the reward to.

For an example, I, who was putting the group together had just dinged 50 last sunday -hungry for bh coms, no doubt. Nice. It was confirmed, reward available with the all possible choises selected. In the end, it was completely and utterly random who got the prices and who didn't.

Last time I did an operation via group finder and I am going to tell everyone I know not to waste their time with it.

Yours, pissed _customer_

Pst. sometimes customer service has been sweet, but you do understand, genuine feedback must be written in the heat of the moment and contain the emotion experienced. ARghghghghHGHGHghghg. Answer the damn tickets.

Edited by Ruskaeth

If you invited people who were on a lockout then your whole group only gets one choice of ops and it negates the randomness of the ops selection. This results in no daily comms.

Not saying this happened, but it is a possibility.

If you invited people who were on a lockout then your whole group only gets one choice of ops and it negates the randomness of the ops selection. This results in no daily comms.

Not saying this happened, but it is a possibility.

Then the group finder message shouldn't say "Reward available" -should it?

Besides, that logic is faulty. It's not a random for those who've done one of the operation previously during the week and can only queue for other operation. Some people, and I assume it was those who had done one operation during the week already still _got_ the reward and some did not. It's just not logical and it might have something to do with whoever is putting the group together and pressing the button to queue the operation. I was just stupid to have assumed it's been fixed. it was something that ruined the somewhat premade queueing but the customer service at the time felt like it's better to just remove tickets concerning it, or the customer service did forward the concerns of players about it and the process stopped there. I guess someone either in the customer service or developer side assumed that "people just don't know how to use the group finder".

Edited by Ruskaeth

• Dev Post

Hello there! Thanks for posting reports regarding some group members not getting Group Finder rewards when "Reward Available" is indicating eligibility. We’re currently investigating this and would like your help in collecting details about the issue.

If you have been in a Group Finder group and have encountered this problem with either Flashpoints or Operations, please post in this thread to provide as much of the following information as possible:

1. Were you eligible for rewards according to the Group Finder UI? Was everyone in the group eligible?

2. How did you queue for Group Finder (Full group of 4, partial group, individual)?

3. Did your Group Finder group lose a player and find a replacement player? Or were you a replacement for an already existing group?

4. Did anyone die or leave the instance at any time? If so, what were the conditions?

5. Did the group leader receive rewards (if eligible)?

6. What role were you signed up for when you did not receive rewards (ie tank, healer…)?

Your details are important and appreciated as we work on a resolution to this issue!

1. Were you eligible for rewards according to the Group Finder UI? Was everyone in the group eligible?

2. How did you queue for Group Finder (Full group of 4, partial group, individual)?

3. Did your Group Finder group lose a player and find a replacement player? Or were you a replacement for an already existing group?

4. Did anyone die or leave the instance at any time? If so, what were the conditions?

6. What role were you signed up for when you did not receive rewards (ie tank, healer…)?

What on Earth do these questions matter if he was eligible and completed? So what you are saying is I have to go thru a checklist everytime I run something and hope for the best? I dont think so. Do I need to send out a questionaire to individuals before I run an OP to make sure we are good to go? No.

What on Earth do these questions matter if he was eligible and completed? So what you are saying is I have to go thru a checklist everytime I run something and hope for the best? I dont think so. Do I need to send out a questionaire to individuals before I run an OP to make sure we are good to go? No.

The question was asked so that the bug can be given to the developers so that they can potentially recreate and then fix the bug. It's not a "ask everyone this and it will solve your problem" comment. It's a "we need more information to solve this problem in the future; provide us with this information please" comment.

The issue I encountered is documented in this thread.

Answers to the questions:

1. When I queued, the Group Finder UI did indeed indicate we were eligible (all tier 1 Flashpoints were selected, and it indicated the daily reward was available).

2. I queued as a pre-made group of 2. However, the other member of the group left and logged off. Since I was still queued (and didn't want to lose my spot), I did NOT re-queue, but just left it alone.

3. The group I ended up in did not change (the 4 of us who started were the same who finished the Flashpoint). Our tank disconnected (and shortly thereafter reconnected) just before we started the last encounter; he reappeared in the instance with us, where he was when he disconnected (not at the entrance or outside).

4. I don't believe so; we did not (as far as I recall) wipe at any point.

5. At least one member of the group said they did; I don't recall if they were the leader.

6. I was signed up as DPS.

Your details are important and appreciated as we work on a resolution to this issue!

Another one for this bug...yet again. EV SM.

1. I was eligible, not sure if everyone else was available or not as I wasn't the one queuing.

2. We had a full group.

3. Not during the ops.

4. We had a couple people die here and there, but no wipes. The ones I remember: one guy fell off the ledge in Soa's chamber and the tank died on a pyramid drop. And we also all exited the instance because Soa glitched the first time and completely exited combat and disappeared at the bottom.

5. I don't believe he did.

6. DPS

I ran a KP SM through Groupfinder the other day, and didn't get the commendations. CS told me it was because we queued as a full premade. This makes very little sense, of course, because full premades for Hardmode FPs never have problems getting the reward, so why should it be different for Ops?

1. Were you eligible for rewards according to the Group Finder UI? Was everyone in the group eligible? We did all 5 bosses in one run, so yes.

2. How did you queue for Group Finder? Full group of 8

3. Did your Group Finder group lose a player and find a replacement player? Or were you a replacement for an already existing group? We lost a player halfway through and found an auto-replacement via Groupfinder.

4. Did anyone die or leave the instance at any time? If so, what were the conditions? It was a PUG Karagga's; these things happen. ^.^

5. Did the group leader receive rewards (if eligible)? As far as I know, they did not.

6. What role were you signed up for when you did not receive rewards (ie tank, healer…)? Healer

In my case, I did the weekly raghoul thing, both Kaon under Siege HM and Lost Island HM. I did get the 5 BH comms from a friendly support person just a few hours after I filed the ticket, but they said they were not able to grant me the weekly raghoul reward, which was kind of the point of doing these, so I have to repeat them anyway (if I have time).

In LI HM, I died during the final boss fight. I never got any reward, did get to roll for the loot though. It showed the quest as not done yet. The door to LI on the Gav Daragon was voilet, and I was able to enter and got a loading screen. But after it loaded, I was on the Gav Daragon, not LI. The boss was already dead, after all.

Even before that, the GF went totally crazy all day. I had to start in the queue over and over again after a few minutes of trying to play, or not even that. One time for example it made a group with 3 DPS (NO! not a DPS who got queued as a healer, really 3 DPS with that red X), and then locked us out for 10 minutes because we didn't want to play with that group, after which we were allowed to queue again as individuals. I can't say all the things it did, it was one such thing after another.

Hello there! Thanks for posting reports regarding some group members not getting Group Finder rewards when "Reward Available" is indicating eligibility. We’re currently investigating this and would like your help in collecting details about the issue.

If you have been in a Group Finder group and have encountered this problem with either Flashpoints or Operations, please post in this thread to provide as much of the following information as possible:

I yes, everybody I don't know.

Individual, and when we lost someone (which happened often, not due to GF problems) we sought a replacement as a group.

It was a chaotic run even without GF problems. People kept quitting and giving up or got vote kicked out (not by me), and others replaced them. Only 2 (including me) really went from start to end. The Kaon under Siege run was smooth though, and I didn't get the GF reward there either - it's the same, right?

Yes, both happened occasionally. Death through battle, of course, and leaving the instance for various reasons.

unknown

damage

It's good that support got better, but it is hard to imagine that it is technically not possible to grant me the well deserved weekly raghoul reward as well.

I parsed this for you.

At least I was eligible and one member who didn't get the reward. I would assume many more were eligible as they got the rewards. In fact, this is a silly question: Everyone was eligible they wouldn't have been there otherwise.

Yes, when I clicked "Queue group" -I quadrochecked that it stated "Daily Reward available" because of past bad experiences.

The same group was intact from the beginning to the end.

Yes, someone died and came back to the instance. Why should this matter if I may ask? People sometimes die on FPs via group finder and it doesn't matter.

Group finder said I was eligible when I pressed the queue group button and I did not receive rewards.

I was a healer. Also a DPS Gunslinger who was also eligible didn't get a reward.

Last time I wrote the ticket, I speculated many a thing outside of what you asked that might have caused the problem. Maybe someone can find my previous ticket that disappeared under mysterious circumstances and see if any of those made sense.

FYI: Until a developer takes notice of this issue and someone acknowledges the operation part of group finder is "not working as intended", I know more than three guilds consisting of dozens and even hundreds of members who are not going to touch group finder operations with a long stick.

I would also like to inquire the customer service why each and everyone's ticket was removed without an answer the last time we reported this (many of us created a ticket from the same ops group). For us, it felt like our concern and ticket was disregarded as "they don't know how to use the group finder" and thus those were moot tickets. Trust me, people might actually know following things:

a) Players know how to choose available operations from the group finder.

b) Players check to see if they are eligible for the reward.

Edited by Ruskaeth

I've experienced this 2 times. Unfortunately I haven't done any lately because of this very issue. Granted I eventually get the comms after posting a ticket, but that just ruins my enjoyment.

The only things I remember are, I was always a tank. Both were EV runs. It appears 4 people got comms and 4 people did not. Unfortunately I can't remember if we had to get any replacements. We did not wipe, though a few died along the way.

I just wanted to let the customer service know: I was stupid and tried this again. This time I wasn't the ops leader who queued the group. I hadn't done either of the operations and once again, some people got the rewards and some people didn't. Congratulations, one of your paying customers was stupid enough to try once more. As for what happened: Everything was done according to the golden rules of group finder conduct.

Another thing: I've heard that when people ticket these issues, they get their commendations refunded. I didn't ticket the one I told about in this thread first and neither am I going to ticket this one that occurred just now at the Nightmare Lands. I bet someone will from the group, and i bet they'll attach a screenshot also.

Once again, for crying out loud, admit something is wrong -if you can't fix it, provide instructions and reasons why people might not get those and what are the currently unknown specifics of how to make it work. Last reminder.

I just wanted to let the customer service know: I was stupid and tried this again. This time I wasn't the ops leader who queued the group. I hadn't done either of the operations and once again, some people got the rewards and some people didn't. Congratulations, one of your paying customers was stupid enough to try once more. As for what happened: Everything was done according to the golden rules of group finder conduct.

Another thing: I've heard that when people ticket these issues, they get their commendations refunded. I didn't ticket the one I told about in this thread first and neither am I going to ticket this one that occurred just now at the Nightmare Lands. I bet someone will from the group, and i bet they'll attach a screenshot also.

Once again, for crying out loud, admit something is wrong -if you can't fix it, provide instructions and reasons why people might not get those and what are the currently unknown specifics of how to make it work. Last reminder.

If someone in your Ops is locked out of one of the story mode Operations, you will only queue for the one they are not locked out of. Consequently, anyone in your Operation who is not locked out of one the Operations will not be eligible for the Group Finder reward as they will effectively be queuing for only one of the Operations.

This is, obviously, not ideal, may or may not be working as intended, and could certainly use some tweaking. However, if you want to avoid losing out on Black Hole comms while using the Group Finder for story mode Operations, the solution is to queue only while grouped with people who have the same eligibility as you do (i.e. not locked out of either Operation; or locked out of the same Operation).

You can check who in your group is locked out of an Operation by opening your Log (default L key) and clicking the Lockouts tab. You can queue as two separate groups (those who have 1 lockout and those who do not) and hope you get matched by the Group Finder.

This is, obviously, not ideal, may or may not be working as intended, and could certainly use some tweaking. However, if you want to avoid losing out on Black Hole comms while using the Group Finder for story mode Operations, the solution is to queue only while grouped with people who have the same eligibility as you do (i.e. not locked out of either Operation; or locked out of the same Operation).

That sort of defeats the purpose of running two operations for the reward because I find it somewhat dubious that the exact same group would be doing both together or exact lockouts should matched. At least the group finder could be fixed if this is the issue, or it could say it on individual level "You are eligible" - "You are not eligible" before people go there. Now it would be hilarious to learn that if eight random people are queuing as single players and the group finder actually creates the group so that there are either a) people who have done one of the two operations or b) only people who have done neither.

Edited by Ruskaeth

1. I know I was eligible. I am not sure if everyone in the group was. But that shouldn't matter. If only one member in the group is eligible, he/she should get the reward.

2. We were a full group of 4 from our guild doing a hard mode FP (Maelstrom Prison)

3. No, we went trough the whole instance without anyone leaving or disconnecting.

4. One of us died once, but never left the instance, he got an ress.

5. No.

6. I was signed as a damage dealer but no one in the group got the reward.

This has now happend two times for me, both time while in a full group of premades.

Now it would be hilarious to learn that if eight random people are queuing as single players and the group finder actually creates the group so that there are either a) people who have done one of the two operations or b) only people who have done neither.

It doesn't. My guild has queued three separate groups (5 inside KP who had no lockouts and lost 3 group members, 1 individual queuing who was locked out of EV, and 2 filling the last spots that didn't queue with the original group) and we've been matched together for the same Operation, creating an Operation group where some people have a lockout and some people don't and everyone got the comms mission.

It's a little annoying but it's really not that complicated. I think it should be changed so individuals can still be eligible for BH comms if they queue in a group with mixed eligibility but ultimately that's BioWare's call.

It's really simple: the group you are in must have the same eligibility (either 1 lockout or none) for everyone in it to get BH comms. You can queue separately if you have a mixed group. Just check the lockouts of your group on the Log screen before you queue.

Also, when you load into the Operation, check your Mission Log to see that you got the Group Finder mission to complete the Operation - this is the mission that awards the BH comms. If you don't have that mission, leave and re-queue (make sure you have Match to In Progress checked) with a group with the same eligibility and have the group inside queue for replacements.

Yeah this is just a bunch of people queuing in a group with someone who was locked out of one.

What the hell has this to do with anything? If I queue up and the reward is available for me I should get the reward even if every single one in the gorup is not eligible for the daily reward.

Do you really have the oppinion that I, every time that I get in to a FP, have to ask everyone if they have done the daily and if they have leave and queue again?

Some people...

It doesn't. My guild has queued three separate groups (5 inside KP who had no lockouts and lost 3 group members, 1 individual queuing who was locked out of EV, and 2 filling the last spots that didn't queue with the original group) and we've been matched together for the same Operation, creating an Operation group where some people have a lockout and some people don't and everyone got the comms mission.

It's a little annoying but it's really not that complicated. I think it should be changed so individuals can still be eligible for BH comms if they queue in a group with mixed eligibility but ultimately that's BioWare's call.

It's really simple: the group you are in must have the same eligibility (either 1 lockout or none) for everyone in it to get BH comms. You can queue separately if you have a mixed group. Just check the lockouts of your group on the Log screen before you queue.

Also, when you load into the Operation, check your Mission Log to see that you got the Group Finder mission to complete the Operation - this is the mission that awards the BH comms. If you don't have that mission, leave and re-queue (make sure you have Match to In Progress checked) with a group with the same eligibility and have the group inside queue for replacements.

This seems logical and I am bold enough to assume this is not what developers would describe as "Working as intended.". Especially because it does tell you are eligible to begin with. I thank you providing a coherent explanation for the problem and honestly hope the developers take this into account and check if it's the issue driving people away from group finder.

Pst. Customer service personnel, feel free to log on and reward me what I have not gained. I know this is not likely to occur but it's worth a shot. I expect it to be my own fault because I didn't believe such tickets would be responded because of my previous experience (and many others in the same ops group). Just please fix it, a lot of people have nothing against running the operations every now and then but they'd like to get the suggested reward.

Edited by Ruskaeth

What the hell has this to do with anything? If I queue up and the reward is available for me I should get the reward even if every single one in the gorup is not eligible for the daily reward.

Do you really have the oppinion that I, every time that I get in to a FP, have to ask everyone if they have done the daily and if they have leave and queue again?

Some people...

no, you should ask everyone you queued up with, otherwise when you queue with a group it should put you in different ops possibly, otherwise you arent really queuing for all available. This is so simple to comprehend...some people...