R.A.W Season 1

Scorpiooooo

We've started a new thread so that all the information for Season 1 of R.A.W will be right here for you.

--

ANNOUNCING SEASON 1

OF THE R.A.W CHAMPIONSHIP

FORMAT

2 Pools of 4 Teams will battle it out for positioning. At the end of the Round Robins, all teams will compete in a Play-Off series leading into the Grand Final.

It will be a 7v7 matchup, with 2 commentator/spectators filling the 8th Spot on each team.

Round Robins - Best of 3 :sy_star: Play-Offs - Best of 3 :sy_star: Grand Final - Best of 5

The Winners of the Grand Final will take out the Prize Pool credits, the Player of the Series (as decided by the Commentators) will receive a share of those credits.

WHEN:

Monday and Thursday Nights 8:30PM AEDT. Two games to be played each night, total of 4 games per week.

First match to be played on Monday 18th February.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

1. Post Your Guild Name below.

2. Prior to the start of the Tournament, an entry fee of 1 Million Credits should be submitted to the tournament organisers.

3. Show up!

Make sure you have standby-players ready to step in and compete should someone be unavailable to play. If all the teams that want to compete can post here ASAP, we can have a schedule locked in by next week, giving you ample time to know when your games are going to be played.

:sy_companion:

TEAMS:

POOL 1:

1. Core (1)

2. Strike Team

3. BOSS

4. The Moist

POOl 2:

1. Core (2)

2. Wookie Leaks

3. Ewok'alypse Now

4. Pandemic

SCHEDULE:

Round 1

Monday 18 Feb

8:30PM AEDT - CORE (2) v WOOKIE LEAKS

9:30PM AEDT - EWOK'ALYPSE NOW v PANDEMIC

Thursday 21 Feb

8:30PM AEDT - CORE (1) v STRIKE TEAM

9:30PM AEDT - BOSS v THE MOIST

Round 2

Monday 25 Feb

8:30PM AEDT – WOOKIE LEAKS v PANDEMIC

9:30PM AEDT – CORE (2) v EWOK’ALYPSE NOW

Thursday 28 Feb

8:30PM AEDT – STRIKE TEAM v THE MOIST

9:30PM AEDT – CORE (1) v BOSS

Round 3

Monday 4 March

8:30PM AEDT – CORE (2) v PANDEMIC

9:30PM AEDT – EWOK’ALYPSE NOW v WOOKIE LEAKS

Thursday 7 March

8:30PM AEDT – STRIKE TEAM v BOSS

9:30PM AEDT – CORE (1) v THE MOIST

FINALS

1. CORE (1)

2. EWOK'ALYPSE NOW

3. LEGIT

4. PANDEMIC

5. CORE (2)

6. BOSS

7. STRIKE TEAM

8. WOOKIE LEAKS

Elimination Finals

Monday 11 March

8:30PM AEDT - 5. CORE (2) vs 8. WOOKIE LEAKS

9:30PM AEDT - 6. BOSS vs 7. STRIKE TEAM

Thursday 14 March

SERVER MAINTENANCE

Monday 18 March

8:30PM AEDT – Random Warzone Encounters

Fun stream of standard Warzones live from Master Dar'Nala with EsKy and Scorpio

Qualifying Finals

Thursday 21 March

8:30PM AEDT – 1. CORE (1) vs 4. PANDEMIC

9:30PM AEDT – 2. EWOK'ALYPSE NOW vs 3. LEGIT

Semi-Finals

Monday 25 March

8:30PM AEDT – CORE (2) vs PANDEMIC

9:30PM AEDT – BOSS vs LEGIT

Preliminary Finals

Thursday 4 April

8:30PM AEDT - CORE (1) vs BOSS

9:30PM AEDT - EWOK'ALYPSE NOW vs CORE (2)

Grand Final

Saturday 6 April

5:30PM AEDT - MATCH PREVIEW

6:00PM AEDT - CORE(1) vs CORE(2)

:mon_trap:

Edited by Scorpiooooo
UPDATE

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be able to make it, am away for work training for ~6 weeks. Hopefully the place I am staying will have decent net access so I can watch. Encourage everyone to have a go if they can, was great fun and promoted awesome atmosphere on our server.

Currently I don't think Nightmare Council will be competing in this one unfortunately. I signed us up for the last one to support an event to save the server, thinking not many would come (how wrong I was :)). Since we lost half our team to Midian and BOSS over the summer break we're currently rebuilding atm. Hopefully we'll be ready for the next one and good luck to everyone involved! Edited by Vacarius

I dont want to presume too much or start nominating guilds to participate but would be great if new guilds or pve focused guilds wanted to play.

I am sure our teams would be open to taking off implants or some other form of handicap in such circumstances to give them a go and get more people involved. I am not an officer in Core but I am sure that with our community spirit we would be willing to do pretty much anything to get more people involved in this event.

I currently know at least three quality players looking for a team if anyone is working on putting something together but short on some talent - LMK.

I think you have created a fairly balanced draw Icesis, but i really do question this structure. I think its fairly presumptive at this point to be playing this over so many weeks with an expansion so near and I prefer how the previous event ran (even if it ran over a weekend instead of this). I think you would get a lot more interest if you changed it but thats only my 2 cents.

The previous event, minus tech issues and fluffing around, could have easily ran three-four hours max and that isnt accounting for Core wiping the floor with The Moist / The Elite / Serenity / Not Entirely Failures 4.0 (which we will no fear). It also allows guilds to seek a 3-4 hour committment from its players rather than asking for a month long committment which realistically could fall thru at any stage.

I have been speaking to a lot of people about this event and while its not the only issue at play here thats preventing even the defending champs from participating it certainly would be good to address it. I dont want to be the guy that says I told you so.

Edited by Themistaa

The previous event, minus tech issues and fluffing around, could have easily ran three-four hours max and that isnt accounting for Core wiping the floor with The Moist / The Elite / Serenity / Not Entirely Failures 4.0 (which we will no fear).

Trying to start a bit of a scuffle here medsybabe?

Core most certainly will beat The Moist. Add Coins however would have been another story. But hey, lets not think back to things that didn't work out.

Clarification of the rules regarding replacing players // players not in your guild // ring-ins?

This is not an attempt to improve our core team, because at the moment we have a team that we want to continue to work with, but more a case of, if certain people are missing, we dont have backups. Part of the problem of being a small guild.

Obviously I dont expect to be taking people from other guilds participating or already entered. Although it is the case that one of our players is wanting to play with another guild, although he will still be required for our team in week 2, by the look of it.

Clarification of the rules regarding replacing players // players not in your guild // ring-ins?

This is not an attempt to improve our core team, because at the moment we have a team that we want to continue to work with, but more a case of, if certain people are missing, we dont have backups. Part of the problem of being a small guild.

Obviously I dont expect to be taking people from other guilds participating or already entered. Although it is the case that one of our players is wanting to play with another guild, although he will still be required for our team in week 2, by the look of it.

Hi guys,

I'm ok with replacing players, I think it's going to be hard to avoid considering the length of the comp and the amount of people playing.

The only rule I have is that the replacement player can only play for your team. This means you can't ring-in someone from any other guild team currently competing in the comp, and once that person has played for you, they can't then play for another team in the competition.

This applies to ALTS as well, meaning you can't play with another Guild/Team on your ALT if you've already participated with someone. Although it's going to be hard to track, we are going to do our best to make sure that this is a fair competition. We'll be relying on you guys all playing within the spirit of the comp.

To the CORE guys with the two teams, I would ask that the team leaders be especially vigilant with this, keep your teams as solid as possible, make sure if you do need to have a ring-in, that player hasn't competed with the other CORE team.

It would be great to know in advance of each match who the players are, so that Resk and I can chat a little about team strengths and styles etc... It'll also help us keep track of who'se played for who!

:D Still need that last team! Website will launch tonight.