mox parser malware

1. false positive

2. don't believe everything you read

3. mox uses networking protocol to gather data from multiple user computers for raid usage that may trigger a virus since real viruses do the same thing.

Yeah i was thinking that it could have been a false positive for that reason.. but would rather give a warning considering these type of programs are new to several players.

My uncle is the family computer expert and I asked him about this AVG virus software someone recommended to me. His reply was to not come to him when I got a virus. I went with Symantec Endpoint Protection like he suggested. I don't know if one is better than the other, but I like having someone around who can help me with computer problems.

My uncle is the family computer expert and I asked him about this AVG virus software someone recommended to me. His reply was to not come to him when I got a virus. I went with Symantec Endpoint Protection like he suggested. I don't know if one is better than the other, but I like having someone around who can help me with computer problems.

I just call it Symantec Anti Performance ... because that's what it does to me (on my corporate workstation, where I have no choice).

I just call it Symantec Anti Performance ... because that's what it does to me (on my corporate workstation, where I have no choice).

Well your work probably will not allow you to tweak some other things on it that could be slowing it down. Antivirus software is usually not the biggest culprit.

Well your work probably will not allow you to tweak some other things on it that could be slowing it down. Antivirus software is usually not the biggest culprit.

Did you check with your Uncle before making this reply?:p

Did you check with your Uncle before making this reply?:p

Don't need to. I have worked at places who will not allow you to change power settings on your workstation, delete unecessary software, and other things like that. If your workstation is slow I don't doubt it, but I do doubt it is the fault of that virus software. I use it, and have no issues at all.

Edited by Pcolapat

• Dev Post
Just FYI my main account was suspended for a week because this is considered 3rd party by bioware.

It is not our policy to take action against accounts for using DPS parsers. If your account was actioned in error, we strongly encourage you to contact Customer Service for investigation.

As a general public service announcement to everyone: you should always be cautious about what you install on your machine!

It is not our policy to take action against accounts for using DPS parsers. If your account was actioned in error, we strongly encourage you to contact Customer Service for investigation.

As a general public service announcement to everyone: you should always be cautious about what you install on your machine!

I have 3 times now and they refuse to investigate I get the canned response of "We have carried out a subsequent review and investigation into your complaint and in particular the actions taken on your account. We can confirm that your case was acted on correctly, in full compliance with our policies and procedures.

Please note that we do not provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

We will not be pursuing this issue any further, and as such we consider this matter closed."

Ive gotten this 3 times. Mox Parser is the ONLY thing Swtor related installed on my machine Period.

Tell your computer expert to read up on Kaspersky and / or Eset and stop filling people's computers with garbage like symantec.

<on topic>

Mox Malware. /sigh

False. Positive.

</on topic>

There are lots of decent AV programs out there, including some free ones.

I've used quite a few of them but have settled on Norton since that is also the one our corporation uses.

ESET and Kaspersky are fine although they usually rate below Norton, BitDefender and a few others. Most of the mainstream AV programs do a decent job.

The best defense is common sense.

I have 3 times now and they refuse to investigate I get the canned response of "We have carried out a subsequent review and investigation into your complaint and in particular the actions taken on your account. We can confirm that your case was acted on correctly, in full compliance with our policies and procedures.

Please note that we do not provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

We will not be pursuing this issue any further, and as such we consider this matter closed."

Ive gotten this 3 times. Mox Parser is the ONLY thing Swtor related installed on my machine Period.

If it helps, your not the only one that has had this experience. They refuse to provide any proof of a violation and say they researched it, but I expect it is similiar to the initial research that was done about the reports of a GM threating action against accounts for pvping on a pvp server.

No offence to your uncle but using Symantec on a stand alone Desktop is a bad idea, especially on older systems. The resource footprint of Symantec is HUGE. It can be done in a corporate environment because it uses a Server-client model allowing most of the resource intensive work to be offloaded to the server (Updates, Active Scanning, Email Scanning). In a home environment this all has to be done by a single system and the slow down is not worth it

Tell your computer expert to read up on Kaspersky and / or Eset and stop filling people's computers with garbage like symantec.

<on topic>

Mox Malware. /sigh

False. Positive.

</on topic>

Actually Nortons/Symantec scored top marks this last year for malware identification, second to webroot. It did however take #1 for malware removal.

I've used both and as webroot runs 100000000x faster ( 4mb footprint ) i go with webroot.

Oh and the mox parser doesn't trigger anything for webroot.

Which is why such a basic tool should be provided and distributed from BioWare. Then you can't accuse someone of cheating and they don't get a keylogger.

Don't need to. I have worked at places who will not allow you to change power settings on your workstation, delete unecessary software, and other things like that. If your workstation is slow I don't doubt it, but I do doubt it is the fault of that virus software. I use it, and have no issues at all.

I've administrated 500 systems before, using SCCM and various other enterprise client management applications.

SEP was one of the biggest resource hogs of all the software we ran and any computer that had less than 2GB always had resource issues during scan times with SEP.