Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

Yes, we had that issue on the first lightning ball AoE, the tank,me(healer), and sniper DPS couldn't see it and we almost wiped from it on story mode. Our Merc dps could see it and told our sniper to move quickly, good thing too cause we downed him that attempt, our third.

Yes, we had that issue on the first lightning ball AoE, the tank,me(healer), and sniper DPS couldn't see it and we almost wiped from it on story mode. Our Merc dps could see it and told our sniper to move quickly, good thing too cause we downed him that attempt, our third.

Yeah this bug was even on PTR, and I KNOW I reported it. This better be fixed soon...

EDIT: This better be fixed before next lockout actually.

Edited by drunknurse

We had the same problem yesterday.

I could'nt see the red aoe (but the yellow and blue ones yes). I changed my setting by displaying a low number of characters in Graphics Settings and it worked. It looks like the aoe are considered as characters.

+1.

The first lightning ball was never showing up for me after 1-2 attempts last night. Before it would disappear it would show up and everyone after that would be visible so I basically just had to keep moving and use the damage I was taking to determine where it was.

Haven't done EC yet, but did Lost Island first time last night. I had no problems on first attempts, but after wipe, every attempt afterwards I could not see ground effects on LR-5 and Lorrick for the first 15-30 seconds.

Also I tried cleansing the rackghoul debuff from Lorrick but after multiple attempts spamming purge, the debuff still showed (stack of 3 to 5) even though it appeared I was not receiving any DoT.

Because of these issues I have no intention to run the FP anymore even though that is all my guild wants to do. This probably means I wont be doing EC either. :(

My guild has also had trouble with this for firebrand and stormcaller, including sound issues, invisible lightning spires, the melee on stormcaller not being able to see the graphical animation or cast bar for DD, etc. I hope they address this on tuesday; I don't see how it didn't happen to the PTS testers.

This was an issue for about half our people last night on 16 man HM. Causing several wipes. It was the same on PTS.

We might be thinking it's a hardware issue.. For me they would appear about 30-45 seconds into the fight and then appear as normal for the remainder of the fight. I'd really like to hear from BW on this.. So we know if it's truly hardware or a known issue with the game.

This was an issue for about half our people last night on 16 man HM. Causing several wipes. It was the same on PTS.

We might be thinking it's a hardware issue.. For me they would appear about 30-45 seconds into the fight and then appear as normal for the remainder of the fight. I'd really like to hear from BW on this.. So we know if it's truly hardware or a known issue with the game.

pay attention to animations of the tank and you will know when to move. It should be a bug for all. Right now you need to watch for the visual queue and move then. It is predictable and can be done.

pay attention to animations of the tank and you will know when to move. It should be a bug for all. Right now you need to watch for the visual queue and move then. It is predictable and can be done.

Like I said in my post, this issue does not just occur on this boss/fight as it happened to me in Lost Island. Also it doesn't happen for everyone as others in my group could clearly see me standing in the animations, when I could not see the animations at all.

I don't think it is a hardware issue, as I usually keep my settings on very low, but when I changed them to medium the animations still didn't appear until some time into the fight. It never occurred on the first attempt, so to me it seems like a bug that occurrs aftering wiping on the boss. Much akin to the other operations that produced more bugs on subsequent attempts at a boss after an initial wipe.

I too would like to know if Bioware is aware of the issue or not. Right now I have no interest in running the FP because of this and am discouraged to attempt EC, but if they are not aware of the issue then I'd be more willing to run them in effort to reattempt the issue.

Yeah this bug was even on PTR, and I KNOW I reported it. This better be fixed soon...

EDIT: This better be fixed before next lockout actually.

Or you will do what, unsub? Seriously, posts like this don't help get stuff done in this game.

Or you will do what, unsub? Seriously, posts like this don't help get stuff done in this game.

What is the point of us testing this stuff on the PTS if we see the exact same bugs on live? Rather dumb, especially when every one in the raid reported that bug.

Also having the same issues tonight. Ground effects not showing on this fight (as well as the First and last bosses of Lost Island) and Historically had it in Soa too.

I have repaired the launcher as suggested in an old thread but no joys with that either.

Running an ATI Radeon HD6450 with Catalyst 12.3 Drivers in the event theres any pattern

Seems targeting circles on players just aren't working in general, not on Toth/Zorn either. Which makes having a group of melee and not being able to see where boulders are being thrown an awful experience.