To change your side.

Madrayne

Am i the only one whos annoying about story arc in that game? I mean, that cool to play with group, but i want my own story for my chars, where i can finaly be more darker and, maybe, even choose a diffrent side. I am playing a dark jedi now, i ve done so much bad things, i ve killed so much people and realesed Sel'Makors's Entity. For all what i ve done, jedi shouled capture me or force me from order or kill me. But in the end i just got something like that - "We ll not give you a Master rank, because you are dark, be we give you more missions to do, where you can kill more people and make yourself even more darker. " (I know about my gramma) Edited by Madrayne
mistakes

If you want to RP your character in that way the best thing to do is 'imagine' it as palpatine in the prequel trilogy. No one knows your true motives and the force is forever clouded. You could also wear a mask but have your dark side corruption enabled.

Just trying to help you out lol.

Also without posting too much of a spoiler there is a point in the story where the jedi you once were "could never return" and instead something darker, more sinister has taken its place.

If you want to RP your character in that way the best thing to do is 'imagine' it as palpatine in the prequel trilogy. No one knows your true motives and the force is forever clouded. You could also wear a mask but have your dark side corruption enabled.

Just trying to help you out lol.

Also without posting too much of a spoiler there is a point in the story where the jedi you once were "could never return" and instead something darker, more sinister has taken its place.

You see, i am trying to do what you said always. I have a nice story and pureblooded jedi, who weared like a sith with the Crest of the Dread. I am just hope, that someday i ll take a chance to change my side, because i like sith a lot more.

Yeah this request has came up a few times. Although a quest to change faction would of been cool it hosts a whole lot of problems, both technical wise and other factors such as server balance etc.

Technically, due to the 'flags' that are set throughout your characters progress it would cause conflicts. Also companions, ships, gear, codex entries, datacrons etc. No doubt some if not all of the extra issues could be addressed but at this stage do u really see the dev's seeing this as worth their time? sad fact is probably not.

You could always make a heir / offspring for your character and link them through the legacy system. That way ur new character could of joined the empire through its parent. The sith warrior does at times say he has a "very strong sith bloodline". Just something to think about.

You may also want to check out the RP servers where im sure others would be more than happy to help you live your story.

You may also want to check out the RP servers where im sure others would be more than happy to help you live your story.

THIS! Madrayne, if you're already this invested in your character's story, and given that faction changing isn't an option, you might enjoy the RP scene instead.

As for faction changing, I would also love it, but there are so many issues with its implementation that we probably won't see it for a long time. Probably never. Nevermind implementing and bug testing a mission to allow it, you'd have to work out some companion issues--do you get the opposing faction's companions, do you retain some of your original companions instead? How do they seamlessly work you into the opposite faction's class story? Injecting a dark side Jedi Knight into the Sith Warrior story on Voss would simply thrust you into a world of drama as the former apprentice of a sith lord you've likely never even heard about. And how do you explain the Imperial agent suddenly becoming a smuggler working for the Republic?

You would need class-specific missions, which gets expensive to implement. Then you have to get past the very jarring voice change, because each class has different voice actors. It would be extremely expensive to pay voice actors to come back and re-voice dialog just to make this transition less jarring.

But all that said, if they ever figure out a way to faction change through game mechanics, I'll be all over that lol.

THIS! Madrayne, if you're already this invested in your character's story, and given that faction changing isn't an option, you might enjoy the RP scene instead.

As for faction changing, I would also love it, but there are so many issues with its implementation that we probably won't see it for a long time. Probably never. Nevermind implementing and bug testing a mission to allow it, you'd have to work out some companion issues--do you get the opposing faction's companions, do you retain some of your original companions instead? How do they seamlessly work you into the opposite faction's class story? Injecting a dark side Jedi Knight into the Sith Warrior story on Voss would simply thrust you into a world of drama as the former apprentice of a sith lord you've likely never even heard about. And how do you explain the Imperial agent suddenly becoming a smuggler working for the Republic?

You would need class-specific missions, which gets expensive to implement. Then you have to get past the very jarring voice change, because each class has different voice actors. It would be extremely expensive to pay voice actors to come back and re-voice dialog just to make this transition less jarring.

But all that said, if they ever figure out a way to faction change through game mechanics, I'll be all over that lol.

I see your points about changing sides, but what about your main story arc? When you playing a dark one jedi, simply no one car about it. I mean... i played a Jedi Sage, i ve done so much bad and in the end... i became someone with true high rank? Rlly? Even Shan said nothing about my lovely darkness. I understand, there are still much another points about class story, but things like that annoying.

A lot of star wars games have had the dark / light, i even remember it in the old dark forces games as a kid so its inclusion in SWTOR was a given. The story is static but with the dark / light options it caters for more people, it just can't cater for everyone im afraid.

I see your points about changing sides, but what about your main story arc? When you playing a dark one jedi, simply no one car about it. I mean... i played a Jedi Sage, i ve done so much bad and in the end... i became someone with true high rank? Rlly? Even Shan said nothing about my lovely darkness. I understand, there are still much another points about class story, but things like that annoying.

Yeah, the consular story is full of continuity errors like this if you go dark side. I tried it, didn't get past act 2 lol. Done the story twice light side though and it's pretty good. I think super hardcore dark side characters don't get acknowledged properly, because let's face it, nobody would actually let somebody like that run around lol. But it does make the story pretty jarring.

Am i the only one whos annoying about story arc in that game? I mean, that cool to play with group, but i want my own story for my chars, where i can finaly be more darker and, maybe, even choose a diffrent side. I am playing a dark jedi now, i ve done so much bad things, i ve killed so much people and realesed Sel'Makors's Entity. For all what i ve done, jedi shouled capture me or force me from order or kill me. But in the end i just got something like that - "We ll not give you a Master rank, because you are dark, be we give you more missions to do, where you can kill more people and make yourself even more darker. " (I know about my gramma)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7418124#edit7418124