Ashara Skin Color

Monoth

Why is Ashara have a black checkerboard style skin? looks like they forgot to put a texture on her skin... BTW, I'm talking about her body not her face. Seems tom e her skins should be white or pinkish color... Just looks lame if you put a short sleeve or bikini bottoms on her...

It's because she's a Togruta and that's how they look.

I will quote directly from the "Ultimate Alien Anthology for Star Wars Universe D20 RPG Books"

Page 163 right column:

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Striped, curved horns rise from the top of a Togruta's head. A pair of darker striped head-tails (similar to Twi'lek lekku) frame and oval face set with black, penetrating eyes and grayish lips. A Togruta's face features elaborate red and white patterns. Vertical red and white stripes adorn the Togruta's chest, back, arms, and legs. Togruta adult stand between 1.5 and 1.9 meters tall.

It's because she's a Togruta and that's how they look.

I will quote directly from the "Ultimate Alien Anthology for Star Wars Universe D20 RPG Books"

Page 163 right column:

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Striped, curved horns rise from the top of a Togruta's head. A pair of darker striped head-tails (similar to Twi'lek lekku) frame and oval face set with black, penetrating eyes and grayish lips. A Togruta's face features elaborate red and white patterns. Vertical red and white stripes adorn the Togruta's chest, back, arms, and legs. Togruta adult stand between 1.5 and 1.9 meters tall.

Umm that still doesn't explain why she has pure black skin with a weird grayish checkerboard pattern... Seems she should have red and white stripes according to your description.

Umm that still doesn't explain why she has pure black skin with a weird grayish checkerboard pattern... Seems she should have red and white stripes according to your description.

If it's the odd thing with her skin when wearing dance outfits you're talking about, that's another layer of clothing. (because she's a hard core jedi?)

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, I've noticed a texture issue with multiple Tortugas. Sometimes it's the head that is all pink with words written across every inch, or the body texture that is completely checkered. It looks like someone at Bioware messed up a line of code that involved the poor Tortuga. :( Edited by Zalekanzer

Aww, I feel so sorry for you that you can't perv out and dress Ashara in the slave outfit like every other creeper and lonely guy out there likes to do with their female companions. However will you get your digital rocks off now?

Its being this way since release. She used to turn invisible when wearing cloths that showed her body skin. A couple of patches back BW gave her that ugly catsuit. I supose this was their fix... Edited by Mauriciobr

• 2 weeks later...
Aww, I feel so sorry for you that you can't perv out and dress Ashara in the slave outfit like every other creeper and lonely guy out there likes to do with their female companions. However will you get your digital rocks off now?

rollseyes: There are plenty of strength based outfits which are not "pervy" as you would put it, but look fricking weird because of this.

This is a well documented problem, I hope Bioware gets their butts in gear and spends some time fixing all these little bugs rather than spend so much time introducing new content with even more bugs in it.

EDIT: Found this on yesterday's known bugs report

NPCs

Female Togrutas (such as Ashara Zavros, Kalda Biss, and Doctor Synoda) may display incorrect skin textures or colors.

Maybe this will be fixed sometime soon.

Edited by MadDutchman