Commando VS Scoundrel as Healers or DPS

Porvalsh

I have leveled two healers to 50 right now. One is the sawbones scoundrel and the other is a Combat Medic. For the past week or so I've been working on gearing the combat medic for strictly PvE as a main healer. I really don' t need two healers though...so what I'd like to do is respec one for DPS so that I can switch toons if needed to help guild out in HM's and Ops.

I've been reading some on Scrapper and Dirty Fighting for the scoundrel and it doesn't seem like its a very viable option for DPS. Some people seem to enjoy their utility in the team but most don't. The "gap closer" seems to be a big deal along with the Scoundrel being a melee-ranged fighter.

I've specced into dirty fighting and going to run some dailies to get a hang of the rotation but what i'd like to know is, is it worth even trying to be useful as a DPS role going Dirty Fighting? Would my best bet be to just go Sawbones and respec my Commando to DPS?

I've specced into dirty fighting and going to run some dailies to get a hang of the rotation but what i'd like to know is, is it worth even trying to be useful as a DPS role going Dirty Fighting? Would my best bet be to just go Sawbones and respec my Commando to DPS?

Yes. Sawbones are pretty awesome now while SF has always been bad and Scrapper has been heavily and repeatedly nerfed. While Commando DPS complain that compared to Vanguards they have bad DPS that is, firstly, more of a PVP issue and, secondly, is still a much smaller weakness than the problems that DPS Scoundrels have in Ops.