- jedi guardian tank template -

Mallechi

hi, i am currently a level 25 Jedi Guardian, I have played the role of tank on star wars galaxies and WoW, so i have exp. However the best way to know what trees and hybrid mixs work the best is to max level and have skill points to experiment and do so, im hoping i can get the advice and opinions from those who know what my template should look like so im getting to level 50 with the best possible template for a tank anyway. Thanks i Look forward to reading your posts.

Cap out the defense tree, taking the skills that you'll NEED until you cap. I doubt that is too ambiguous if you have prior tanking experience. Of the vigilance tree, max out Swelling Winds and Improved Sundering Strike. Once defense tree is capped you can decide on how best to use the elective spec points you have remaining (i.e. strength or accuracy % increases via tree points).

Hope this helps.

-Khalaran

Space Slug server

• 2 weeks later...

What worked for me was actually not going all the way up Defense right off the bat. I got the basics I needed, then put my 7 points into Vigilance for more damage.

So at 35 I was 26/0/0

Then by 42 I was 26/7/0

and then at 50 I was 34/7/0

Depending on what you are leveling doing (PvP, Missions, Flashpoints) you might consider getting your 7 into Vigilance even earlier.