Make Rusk a healing Commando and not a Vanguard?

SunwindIon

I'm tired of Doc being the only useful companion at 50 for his healing, so please make this change?

I geared out my Rusk in full pvp / pve epics and while he does get strong you have no healing at all so you just end up having to slow down your killing and stop between fights to heal etc. it sucks.

why not? an mmo is always changing

Every class has one of each kind of companion. Ranged tank, ranged DPS, melee tank, melee DPS, healer. If you want heals, use Doc. There's no reason to ask for a second healer since you can only have 1 companion out at a time. Rusk is our one and only ranged DPS role. What you're asking for is bad and will make JK worse by limiting our companion selection.

Basically, you have a milkshake and a mug of hot cocoa. You're drinking your hot cocoa and complaining about how hot it is while ignoring the milkshake sitting next to you.

Drink your milkshake!

If you want to kill things quickly you bring dps, if you want heals you bring Doc =)

How about getting a few of those medpacs that heal you and your companion, I make them all the time for hubby since he prefer to quest with either Qyzen or Nadia when playing his Consular. Neither of them is a healer. That way you will have heals and dps without Doc.

And I like Doc just the way he is, perfect for my JK-girl <3

I'm tired of Doc being the only useful companion at 50 for his healing, so please make this change?

I geared out my Rusk in full pvp / pve epics and while he does get strong you have no healing at all so you just end up having to slow down your killing and stop between fights to heal etc. it sucks.

Weird, 50 is when I no longer needed doc for anything. Pre - 50 I felt too dependant on him, but at 50 I can roll through 3-5 groups of strongs+standards before needing to rest. The limited downtime is easily made up since I'm killing much faster too.

Edited by Seismax

You do realize that all the companion healers are essentially the same, right?

You're missing something. Try timing your fights with a DPS companion and then with Doc.

You may be regening for 10 seconds between fights, but you are killing groups 30 seconds faster.

Doc takes all the tension out of fights, but his DPS is absolute garbage. You're better off tearing through groups and healing between fights. Pull out Doc for the ellites and boss battles.

I often struggle with massive groups using doc that I clear easily with Kira myself (adn we're both above 75% health). Only places I have a genuine need for doc are some boss encounters where the spike damage is ludicrous.

My idea is to have respeccable companions. Not respeccable as in choosing their skills, just a basic choice between 2 different roles. Rusk could be either rdps or heals, Lord Fluffybunnykins could be melee tank or melee dps.

etc. etc. you get the idea.

My thread about it - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=239170

That's what the stances are for. They give a DPS option to every companion, or give DPS companions a different way to DPS. When I got Soresu but didn't have Kira yet, I turned off all of T7's abilities that deal threat, put him into his DPS stance, and he became a ranged DPS character (though admittedly not a great one).

That's what the stances are for. They give a DPS option to every companion, or give DPS companions a different way to DPS. When I got Soresu but didn't have Kira yet, I turned off all of T7's abilities that deal threat, put him into his DPS stance, and he became a ranged DPS character (though admittedly not a great one).

My problem with that is that healing/tank companions aren't as good at dps as proper dps companions.

And I still only have 1 healer. I can't disable Rusk's combat stance and a few skills and have him start healing me.

The ONLY option besides a companions obvious role is dps.

Every class has one of each kind of companion. Ranged tank, ranged DPS, melee tank, melee DPS, healer. If you want heals, use Doc. There's no reason to ask for a second healer since you can only have 1 companion out at a time. Rusk is our one and only ranged DPS role. What you're asking for is bad and will make JK worse by limiting our companion selection.

Basically, you have a milkshake and a mug of hot cocoa. You're drinking your hot cocoa and complaining about how hot it is while ignoring the milkshake sitting next to you.

Drink your milkshake!

I've done a hugely detailed statistical analysis of which companion Knights use, who they use for hard fights, etc. (I don't have the link handy, but if you forum much, you'll see it.)

Giving one of each type is a mistake when some classes have inheirant heals and Knight has NONE. I've played many other classes, and my companion choice is quite a bit more varied than "Take Doc if you want to live."