Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc, Mara or Sniper for PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Merc, Mara or Sniper for PVP

BonnerFett
11.22.2019 , 09:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mhobin View Post
Sniper is a much more difficult class to play at a high level. Mercs can still get away with face tanking because of their defensives.

A well played Sniper is the strongest spec in the game. However a well played Sniper is the rarest player in the game.

Very true... I struggle with not being mobile on the sniper.

I'm now looking at Mara or Merc. Any thoughts on IO vs. Arsenal or Mara (probably carnage)?

Lhancelot
11.22.2019 , 11:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BonnerFett View Post
Very true... I struggle with not being mobile on the sniper.

I'm now looking at Mara or Merc. Any thoughts on IO vs. Arsenal or Mara (probably carnage)?
People always said IO was more complicated and harder to play than arsenal, and I'd agree it's a bit more complex but I hardly found it difficult.

In PVP, I'd rather play arsenal merc because it's simpler, and for the same amount of work you get more out of arsenal. Plus I like not worrying about resources, on IO you easily can run out of power, whereas on arsenal you have to work hard to get low on power.

Yes, I like the easymode arsenal because I can spend more time focusing on enjoying how fast people melt from blazing bolts and not worry about my resources.

As for mara, I see lots of complaints they are weaker now than they were prior to 6.0, I'd go with arsenal merc over mara unless you are good at staying on target for maximum uptime of your damage abilities and enjoy the mara playstyle.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

BonnerFett
11.22.2019 , 01:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
People always said IO was more complicated and harder to play than arsenal, and I'd agree it's a bit more complex but I hardly found it difficult.

In PVP, I'd rather play arsenal merc because it's simpler, and for the same amount of work you get more out of arsenal. Plus I like not worrying about resources, on IO you easily can run out of power, whereas on arsenal you have to work hard to get low on power.

Yes, I like the easymode arsenal because I can spend more time focusing on enjoying how fast people melt from blazing bolts and not worry about my resources.

As for mara, I see lots of complaints they are weaker now than they were prior to 6.0, I'd go with arsenal merc over mara unless you are good at staying on target for maximum uptime of your damage abilities and enjoy the mara playstyle.
I tend to agree with you. IO is more work for the same results as Arsenal.

marchesq
11.23.2019 , 03:41 PM | #14
If you enjoyed playing your Merc/Mando in pvp before, I think you will enjoy it more now. More mobile, and an new defensive cool down. Not top dps, but not bad either.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Trooper by day, lover by night, free by the grace of The Maker.