Nerf Kyramla Gemas’rugam in Blood Hunt Hard Mode

You know something is wrong with a hard mode flashpoint when all of your group members including yourself are in 220+ gear and fully augmented, and you cant get passed the big furball. Done it many times, always wiped post 4.0 on him, when everyone had full 220+ auged gear.

So could his 4 min enrage timer be reduced, or the adds spawn been reduced, or the adds hp be reduced? just a reduction or increase in the enrage timer will make it doable, otherwise many groups just wipe on this boss in HM, i mean i did Maelstrom Prison HM today 0 wipes, and Lost Island and Kaon under siege HM (including bonus bosses) with 0 wipes with the same group yet we come to blood hunt and we wipe once the boss hits 10-25% hp because of the enrage timer going off.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they bugged something or reverted something in the last patch, he's already been nerfed since 4.0.

If everyone is in 220 augmented gear and you're hitting enrage, your groups damage numbers are much weaker than they should be. I had an ex-guildie who had augmented exarch trash/radiant crystal gear but he hadn't the slightest clue. No sense of rotation or raid awareness. Worst part is he was so entitled and demanding, always expecting raids on HIS schedule.

Not to say he was part of your group, but if you're still hitting the enrage after all the nerfs, you aren't going to get past the final boss either. If your team lacks the raid awareness and damage to burn the adds quick and the boss asap, then Torch's damage output will require a bit of off-healing from others to help make it manageable for the healer.

The previous ops you mentioned were more mechanic heavy without any major dps check. Blood Hunt HM has always been a dps check on that first boss in comparison. And he was a LOT harder 3.0.

You know something is wrong with a hard mode flashpoint when all of your group members including yourself are in 220+ gear and fully augmented, and you cant get passed the big furball. Done it many times, always wiped post 4.0 on him, when everyone had full 220+ auged gear.

So could his 4 min enrage timer be reduced, or the adds spawn been reduced, or the adds hp be reduced? just a reduction or increase in the enrage timer will make it doable, otherwise many groups just wipe on this boss in HM, i mean i did Maelstrom Prison HM today 0 wipes, and Lost Island and Kaon under siege HM (including bonus bosses) with 0 wipes with the same group yet we come to blood hunt and we wipe once the boss hits 10-25% hp because of the enrage timer going off.

Not trying to call you out or anything, just looking for some info before I say anything about nerfing ole furball:

1) How is your group handling adds? Focus firing? One thing I see with a lot of groups whether its pug groups or guild groups I've been a part of is they don't know how the adds act. They spawn, and both will jump to the healer. To pop out extra damage on them + boss I tell every group I'm in that the healer should basically stack behind the boss. When the adds spawn, I tell the dps to let them jump to the healer. Healer pops mitigation, and dps aoe them down.

2) Re: Enrage: Are you swapping to the boss early enough to beat the enrage? Some groups need to do this around 30 percent. Some do it less. Some not at all. It depends on the level of DPS in the group. When it comes time for your group to focus solely on the boss, how are you handling the adds? At this point I would tell my healer to back off from the boss, and stay ranged. When the adds hop to them, it's crowd control time. Stun em up, and continually rotate stuns for the remainder of the encounter. This becomes massively easier if you have an operative, scoundrel, sniper, or gunslinger. But, each class has something they can do to make the adds basically moot whether it's flash bang, then diversion, or lift, or force stun, or awe (I think).

3) When you're low on DPS don't be shy about using the raid buffs. I prefer using them at the beginning.But, to each their own, I don't see a problem with using them when you're going into the burn portion of the encounter.

Overall, it potentially could use another tuning. I solo dps'd it practically the other day. I was pulling mid 5s, and my other dps in the group was in the low 1s. So added, up we're talking like 6.5k split between two dps. I know it's not exactly correct since it's just a figure and total damage would be way more accurate to see where people are sitting, but overall that combo doesn't seem too too high.

Edited by Shwarzchild

The reason isn't gear, the reason is your dps have poor rotations. Have them check dulfy, and spend 20 minutes on a parse dummy and you'll be amazed by how rarely you'll hit enrage going forward.

Overall, it potentially could use another tuning. I solo dps'd it practically the other day. I was pulling mid 5s, and my other dps in the group was in the low 1s. So added, up we're talking like 6.5k split between two dps. I know it's not exactly correct since it's just a figure and total damage would be way more accurate to see where people are sitting, but overall that combo doesn't seem too too high.

You mean to tell me that you need 6.5k dps to beat it without enrage?

And if yes, you seriously suggesting further nerfs to this boss?

Maybe the group is just doing it wrong, i mean, as a healer im always out of the AoE, this time we tried with a gunslinger dirty fighting spec, me commando healer, commado (the merc arsenal equivalent i always forget its name) and a vanguard tank. We were doing fine until the enrage, cleared the mobs fast, and we have all tried it 5 other times with different people and still haven't gotten passed it in HM. Watched youtube video runs, used our offensive CC's right of the bat to burn him down. Any ideas?

Your team has L2P issues I believe.

Literally just finished pugging it twice on HM. Haven't done this FP since 4.0, but so many people were crying about it so wth, i'll give it a try.

First group had a lvl 62 tank, a merc and a marauder who was quite poorly geared. We wiped due to enrage with the boss having 60k hp left. 2nd group did it without any trouble. I can only speak about the healing required in the FP, and that I was in PvP gear.

Have had about four cracks at this since 4.0 (for the event only), all with a sorc healer. The first time was in mostly 208 gear (relics were a bit low). We kept enraging around 20-40% after multiple tries. The tank was really good, he gave me pointers when needed. The two dps took a TON of aoe damage. They got the adds down quick enough but they did not move very well. Even so, their output was pretty bad. We gave up and left. I took this time to resolve myself to use better gear. I transferred all my gear from my main healer and now I'm in mostly 220/224 (but only 4-piece set bonus so far).

The next three times I've had zero issue keeping up with healing, even for slowish-moving dps.

So second attempt I get a really great group where we only wipe once on Kyramla, enraging at less than 5%. I was the only one with a stim. I gave all three of the others a free stim and we beat him much easier. We go on to one-shot Jos and Valk, finish the bonus, and proceed to have a horrible time with Vizla. I don't know what we could have done differently. We tried to stay out of fire, position ourselves better, etc. Never could get past 75%. Was the most puzzling thing I'd seen, since all the complaints about this HMFP are from the first two bosses. We tried so many times but there was a wall there we could not get through and we very reluctantly gave up (all four of us needed this for the event and knew exactly how hard it is to find a pug that can get past the first boss).

The next two pops resulted in wipes at Kyramla due to low dps. Everyone knew what to avoid but there was just low output. I didn't really check anyone's gear, but it probably wasn't that great, and a lot of people weren't using stims until I gave them a free one.

One of the things that worked well in the successful first boss run was ignoring the adds when Kyramla hits 35%, and just focusing him down. I basically tanked the adds at that time but we got it down successfully this way.

I can tell you healing this on my merc with a lvl 59 jugg tanking I did about 200 K damage on the boss alone. While it's not the healers job to pump out dps you should be able to put out 100 K in damage minimum in 220 gear. In the first 20-30 secs you can almost ignore healing and just dps. Honestly I found the last boss much harder from a healer perspective as I was doing over 6 K effective heals (while dpsing on the side) for 6 minutes straight and still required to battle rez the tank, but perhaps he was just sitting in stupid as some of the aoes are a little hard to see. Edited by MuskyBoy

You know something is wrong with a hard mode flashpoint when all of your group members including yourself are in 220+ gear and fully augmented, and you cant get passed the big furball.

Yeah, there is something wrong. The gear alone won't do the job for your group. This boss was nerfed so many times...

Sorry to say this, but if you fail than the problem is your group, not the boss. Adds can be cc-d, interrupted and burn down fast.

Oh and an advice: tell your dps to stop spamming EV and KP HM for gear and do actually challenging content that teaches them something.

And please stop with the nerfcries already.

It's a dps fight, that's for sure. If you hitting enrage, then dps is the problem. This is one of those fights that dpsers can't hide behind and shows them up for what they are, so its a tell tell sign that someone in your group doesn't know a good rotation. Also, as a tank, dps the boss non-stop to help out, and ask healer to keep a dot or two on boss at all times to help out.

I had been running this on my 224 tank and groups were constantly hitting the enrage badly (20% - 30% left on boss). The DPS gear was usually pretty decent too. I finally found a group that was knew what they were doing and were looking for a DPS. I switched over to my 220 DPS and we immediately one-shotted it. To the OP, I hate to say it but if you're that well geared, someone isn't playing their class correctly.

Does anyone know the exact numbers required to beat the boss? Because I am starting to suspect I got heavily carried beating that one?

If you check the video above you get the following:

Kyramla has 1491k hp. Adds have 40.6k each.

Fight is 3:20 = 200 seconds until enrage.

Adds spawn two each at 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 210... seconds.

If you kill the five first groups and leave the sixth for later you need (1491 + 10 * 40.6) / 200 ~= 9.5k dps/s as a group to beat enrage.

If you kill all six groups, you need (1491 + 12 * 40.6) / 200 ~= 9.9k dps/s as a group.

(Seventh group is after enrage.)

You might survive a couple of seconds of enrage, so requirements are a bit lower - maybe around 9-9.1k dps/s as minimum.

This seems to make adds placement a vital part of the strategy for this fight.

Thanks a lot for the calculation. So assuming a tank will do about 1k DPS and heals being able to add a DOT now and then a rough 4k DPS should be enough per DD during that fight.

Depending on how long you can accept adds lingering, you can get more mileage than that out of you tank. As long as you take less than 30 seconds to kill them you're fine. This means dot spreaders can get full value for their dots.

That was one of the main realizations for me from the video above - he's never focusing an add until Kyramla is dead. It's all aoe abilities. All single target damage goes to the boss.

But if you do less than 3.5k as a DPS, then you're surely being carried.

That 1k tank dps seems low to me. However 4k dps from damage dealers is the most definitely doable category in my world... At least I really have to try to be under 4k when I DPS....

Just for reference and something we can talk about on sidenotes: Once I did 2,5k on HM Shield Squadron Unit 2 with my jugg tank. Now bear in mind that this is an operation boss and the HP and enrage timer is far bigger than on furball in BH, but still tanks nowadays can do way more than 1k tank DPS IMO. For example in HM FP around 1,8k-2k is very good and 1,5k is the minimum. Is this seems valid? The reason I ask/mention is that I never dug into the numbers myself, so with this I hope to 'calibrate' my expectations. :D

Thanks a lot for the calculation. So assuming a tank will do about 1k DPS and heals being able to add a DOT now and then a rough 4k DPS should be enough per DD during that fight.

And then you realize the OP said something about relogging to 224 geared characters :D

That huge requirement of 4k DPS! What gear do I need for NiM Dash'Roode where the requirement is much higher? 240? Damn, so THAT is why no one is doing NiM content! (almost no one :) )

That 1k DPS for a tank was just a conservative estimate, as I have no idea how much DPS a tank can realistically put out. :) So the 4k per DPS is actually an upper floor, you might as well get away with less.

It seems odd that you can't get to that in 220 gear? This is why I was interested in facts/numbers (especially since I know I am not a very good player and still beat the FP in a 4 piece 216 set bonus balance sage).

That 1k DPS for a tank was just a conservative estimate, as I have no idea how much DPS a tank can realistically put out. :) So the 4k per DPS is actually an upper floor, you might as well get away with less.

It seems odd that you can't get to that in 220 gear? This is why I was interested in facts/numbers (especially since I know I am not a very good player and still beat the FP in a 4 piece 216 set bonus balance sage).

220 is sufficient if you know what you're doing. I can get over 4k DPS on classes I rarely play(= my rotation is bad = my DPS is bad) in 216 gear :) It's all about people investigating their abilities to see what they have and how abilities works. There are good guides for almost every class on Dulfy =)

Edited by Deaconik
wrong word

Just so you have an idea, my tank dps(jugg) in HM/NiM is somewhere around 2.5k single target. And way higher if I get to reflect cheese dps numbers. On some fights you get close to or above 4k with reflect as a jugg. My best was 3.7k on the tanks in EC. Although this was with dps relics :D

220 is sufficient if you know what you're doing. I can get over 4k DPS on classes I rarely play(= my rotation is bad = my DPS is bad) in 216 gear :) It's all about people investigating their abilities to see what they have and how abilities works. There are good guides for almost every class on Dulfy =)

No, 220 is overkill if you know what you're doing ;)

Edited by Torvai