Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ignore Account option

Jankrist
12.07.2015 , 07:08 AM | #1
We need to be able to ignore whole accounts, i am getting tired of getting ninja looted in ops, putting the player on ignore well knowing that he wil change the name of his character and i risk runnign into the same person again.

I want to option to ignore accounts, itīs just not good enough to ignore 1 character anymore, i like to play with random people, or pugs as it is called, and several times i joined a team the leader turns on Master Loot and all agree that 1 unassembles token per person, everyhing seems fine, then at the last boss he loots everythign and leaves.

Itīs come to the point that i am considering just quitting mmos for a while.

SteveTheCynic
12.07.2015 , 07:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jankrist View Post
We need to be able to ignore whole accounts, i am getting tired of getting ninja looted in ops, putting the player on ignore well knowing that he wil change the name of his character and i risk runnign into the same person again.

I want to option to ignore accounts, itīs just not good enough to ignore 1 character anymore, i like to play with random people, or pugs as it is called, and several times i joined a team the leader turns on Master Loot and all agree that 1 unassembles token per person, everyhing seems fine, then at the last boss he loots everythign and leaves.

Itīs come to the point that i am considering just quitting mmos for a while.
It occurs to me to ask why you would trust a total stranger that you will never meet in person to honour such an arrangement. Think of it like this: if you were assigned (in Real Life(tm)) to go around doing *something* where instead of collecting pixel tokens, you collect packets of real money. Imagine, further, that you are doing this in a group, and the leader of this group says that he will hold the packets until the end, then distribute them. Would you be OK with that, in a situation where you will be face to face with him? (I wouldn't, even given that I could chase after him and beat him to a pulp if he absconds. No, I'm not a big bruiser, but while I don't know kung fu, I did learn jujitsu...)

Now let's look at the on-line equivalent, where the leader does the Master Loot thing, and you will never knowingly set eyes on each other, so the chase-and-beat option isn't feasible. If you won't do it in the real life situation, why would you do it in an online situation? (If you would do it in the real life version, what the lleh is wrong with you?)

That said, I do support an ignore-account button, but not a befriend-account button, unless it had an "X wants to befriend your account, allow this?" pop-up, to which the answer would in general be "no".
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Jankrist
12.07.2015 , 07:46 AM | #3
Well itīs either master loot risk of getting ninja looted, usually at the last boss, or just use the system as designed where alot of people will need on everything, even if the agreement 1 token per person has been struck, or if they can actuerlly use what they are needing on, so either way i run a risk of gettting ninja looted, and i know i have no reason to trust other people, but there are also a good amount of people that can gather a group run master loot and hnor the agreement they made with there group.

Sure i can do as people always suggenst "just play with your guild" but i like to just play with random people at times, and i will risk gettign ninja looted, but if i can ignore there accounts, i will slowly lower the risk each time i am able to ignore the account of a ninja looter.

So my options are play will a smalll amount of people "my guild", ignore everyone else, but i like playing with random people at times so would prefer not to have to do that.
Or play as i do now, getting or seeing ninja looting daily.

I just want the option to ignore theise peoples account, old MMOs had thins option like City of Heroes, i seen no reason why we cannot have it here.

Yorioko
12.07.2015 , 07:57 AM | #4
My experience is that there are TWO types of Ninja looters.

the first one is the one simply pressing need on everything and then selling it etc.

the other one is the type that needs on what appear irrelevant to his class.....like a sentinel needing on a "trooper" item, and for the reson that thier current character is their "mule", mening thy have 1 high/max Level too to gather stuff for the lower leveled toons they are leveling up.
To get the loot/items/gir they need for this, they then use their "main" to get this and needs on what their other classes need.

It is all about communication really.

I have needed on severa drops I apparently didn't need for my class, I did need them for other classes, I stted so and usually People are then ok With it.

It is all about communication

ekwalizer
12.07.2015 , 09:20 AM | #5
Ignore by account is long overdue. Ignore by account would cripple credit sellers. Further, when I (and I assume most) hit the ignore option on a player, we don't just want to ignore that particular set of pixels, we want to ignore the person behind the keyboard.

I do not, however, support friend by account, unless it is agreed to by each party via an email mechanic similar to other games.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.

SteveTheCynic
12.07.2015 , 11:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ekwalizer View Post
Ignore by account would cripple credit sellers.
No, I don't think it would. You're assuming they use the same account for any length of time, and I don't think they do. I was under the impression that the accounts that advertise credits are throwaway accounts so that it doesn't matter if they get banned. Adding Account Ignore wouldn't change that.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

branmakmuffin
12.07.2015 , 02:11 PM | #7
Not a good idea. Explained many times why. Now your ignore list being global to your legacy, great idea.

Jankrist
12.07.2015 , 02:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Not a good idea. Explained many times why. Now your ignore list being global to your legacy, great idea.
why would that not be a good idea?

VixenRawR
12.07.2015 , 03:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
No, I don't think it would. You're assuming they use the same account for any length of time, and I don't think they do. I was under the impression that the accounts that advertise credits are throwaway accounts so that it doesn't matter if they get banned. Adding Account Ignore wouldn't change that.
Maybe but it would prevent my 20 other alts from getting spam from that same gold farmer.
Throw Cartel Coins at me Please. http://www.swtor.com/r/p3jZ2b

QTonus
12.07.2015 , 04:44 PM | #10
I agree, ignore account option would be great. It would empower players to not have to deal with a player that behaves like that again on a different character. It would be better if the ignore could be more then never grouped, never see chat , but also mail, and GTN postings. It may be beneficial to lessening the credit spam as well, of course, they would probably just create a new account every day to get around it...