PVP Faction Balance?

Seabreeze

Hey Guys and Gals,

Thinking about joining the JC server as the EU servers don't fit my times anymore. I need a main server to PvE(Ha!) and PvP on.

What's the faction balance like in PvP here? On my current server, imps tend to win more games, but pubs generally have more organized pre-made teams.

Thanks!

Imp side is much stronger pug wise and have some good ranked teams

Pub side has the best PvP guild

Second best guild has teams on both factions

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like it's pretty balanced overall? Anyone have experience they can share with pug and pre-made queue pops for the two sides?

I'll probably end up looking to high end guild/pre-made PvP but pugging is a decent pass time.

regular WZs pop at all times, longest I've ever waited is around 5 or 10 minutes and that only happens at 6 in the morning. Otherwise, regs pop every minute or two

rateds you can get a few every night. depends on who is queued, and how long they stay queued

The pugs are bad on both sides as 95% of the players that play TOR are bad. The argument on who has the worst pugs is old and stupid.

Just look at the quality of the guilds on each faction and that should help determine what you are trying to accomplish.

Speaking as an admittedly average player who only pugs on both sides in both the pre-50 and 50 brackets:

It depends entirely on what time of day and what day of the week you are playing. Really two or three excellent players or terrible players can totally change the entire match in either direction so it's meaningless to say one side dominates the other.

The pugs are bad on both sides as 95% of the players that play TOR are bad. The argument on who has the worst pugs is old and stupid.

Just look at the quality of the guilds on each faction and that should help determine what you are trying to accomplish.

I don't really think anyone was arguing. ^.~ Pretty sure we were stating personal opinions from our experiences recently. No one was being obnoxious, trolling, rude or anything else that would lead one to believe we were "arguing".

Thanks for all the replies =]

I finally decided to go to the Pubs, simply because I played Imps over on the EU server and I will be aiming for more guild/pre-made action at end game. I guess it's at least some new scenery and different story lines to follow on the way there, which is a bonus.

Now I have to get used to all your names for stuff in WZ's, as they always seem to be different in NA than in the EU.

I don't know I still stand by my decision rep pugs are better. When I pug with my Sage I win around 70% of matches. When I pug with my sorcerer I'm at around 55% win ratio. Granted it all could just be luck of draw who you play against & who is on your team but It just feels to me that rep pugs play objectives better. A lot of warzones I lose on imp side are because people aren't paying attention. Doors getting capped with 4 people by door with tunnel vision on person they are trying to kill.

Thanks for all the replies =]

I finally decided to go to the Pubs, simply because I played Imps over on the EU server and I will be aiming for more guild/pre-made action at end game. I guess it's at least some new scenery and different story lines to follow on the way there, which is a bonus.

Now I have to get used to all your names for stuff in WZ's, as they always seem to be different in NA than in the EU.

What times would you typically be IG? I am on the east coast of NA, btw...