What happened to the Datooine mission "Pirates, Again"

Monkeyfinger

I've run this mission dozens of times in the past without issue. For the current event, it's been impossible to complete. What happened?

they ****ed it up with the new settings in 6.0, most people can't complete it. I'm sure you'll get some harping on about how brilliant they are because they can do it, but that's the usual **** you get anyway.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that it is harder now (1/14/20) than it was last time. I swear they just make it harder. Some ppl are saying theyre dead before they even load in.

I got 14 before I died.

As for other turret content, the folks in my guild that love NiM content say nothing is broken. But spending 30 mins and 15 wipes on a turret fight ISN'T FUN!

What do we have to do to get EA/Bioware to fix things? Talk is cheap.

I agree. I think something is wrong with the turret instance. Not only is it extremely hard to get through even two waves (about halfway), when I get that far and don't die, the screen turns black and I get booted as if I died. Many people are complaining about it in chat.

I'd be curious if anyone has been successful completing it. If no one's completing the daily during this week's event, Bioware should notice.

People whined about the game being too easy and that they wanted more of a challenge...hence EA bumped up the difficultly level on a bunch of stuff.

This game isn't fun enough to pay money for so I'm going Free-2-Play as soon as my sub runs out.

That has nothing to do with it. Stop making stuff up.

This is straight up a bug from the scaling. It's affecting all vehicle missions in the game.

Edited by Nemmar

I agree. I think something is wrong with the turret instance. Not only is it extremely hard to get through even two waves (about halfway), when I get that far and don't die, the screen turns black and I get booted as if I died. Many people are complaining about it in chat.

I'd be curious if anyone has been successful completing it. If no one's completing the daily during this week's event, Bioware should notice.

This might sound like a dumb question, but is this a republic or imperial quest. The last event I did was on imperial and and I did all 3 heroics and the little droid instance one. I don’t know of any other instances besides those, especially one with a gun. So I’m assuming this is republic related?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

@TrixxieTriss it's a Republic quest. Imp-side quests didn't see nearly the same scaling problems, in fact most of the Republic quests are ok. It's just this turret quest that is rediculous.

Wait, is that the one at the base where you go into the building and get put on a gun with the vehicle task bar to shoot waves of mobs? (Which I think is dumb btw as the Imps have nothing close to that).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah, this is impossible. Most I could get was 22/40. Aside from the scaling issue, I experienced a bug where the mobs stopped spawning correctly and could no longer be seen, targeted, or attacked for the rest of the round. Still took damage from them however.

Hotfix requested.

OK, Mouseco confirms the Republic turret nightmare mission on Dantooine has *not* been fixed.

It's Imperial counterpart, the Mouse Droid mission, is still working fine. I just did it yesterday, and it's a blast. I love it!

Edited by ElZaguero

It is shameful that this is still broken. Imps can do the patrol every single day. Pubs can't. Inconceivable that the event ran AGAIN with this still broken. When something makes the game play different for one faction over the other the bug should get higher priority than this. Of course they could have thought ahead and made 7 dailies so there would be a margin for error, but nope.

This might sound like a dumb question, but is this a republic or imperial quest. The last event I did was on imperial and and I did all 3 heroics and the little droid instance one. I don’t know of any other instances besides those, especially one with a gun. So I’m assuming this is republic related?

It's a Republic quest called, as the thread title suggests, "Pirates. Again."

Luckily, there's not enough quests (or Heroics) to do the event weekly in only one day (with or without that quest), but there are enough so that you don't ever need to do Pirates Again to get the weekly in 2 days. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker