When are we getting another Op?

We got EC back on April 12th, it is now August. With the Devs saying they want to give us something every 6 weeks now and mention they are focusing on getting out the free play thing then another companion first. Are we to guess that will mean at least another 12 weeks before a new Op? If they wait that long so many people will quick simply out of boredom...even if the game is free.

Sure, other games have the same raid content for longer but those raids have more then 4 bosses. If raids are going to be this small, they need to be released on a much faster interval and with Nightmare mode.

That's the beauty of F2P.

That's fine, but there was an opportunity cost to going F2P. It's obviously been in the works for a while and probably using resources that could have been spent on more content and bug fixes.

Could those resources have been used to get 1.3 out a month earlier? Could HK-51 already have been released a few weeks ago? Could nightmare EC have been on the PTS right now? How many subscribers would have stayed if news of this content had been available earlier?

No one will ever know. Maybe enough subscribers would have stayed to avoid the whole F2P thing altogether. I don't want this post to be too negative so I will say that I don't really care *how* I pay for content (subscription, or "cartel coins"). I don't expect to be given anything for free. But if they are serious about getting content out quicker, now is the time to prove it.

The only thing I have read for certain that will be in 1.4 is the new companion. Nothing is on the PTS yet, which leads me to believe if they have new content coming out this month like they mentioned, it wont have a new Op in it. Edited by Raque