3 Manning Lost Island Hard Mode (Melee Style, No Companion)

Thanks for the replies.

PT's are beast, he does a good amount of damage and holds threat like a champ letting me go all out.

Impressive.

What gear were you wearing?

We're all in pretty much full itemized BH/Campaign gear.

Grats, this was very impressive.

A couple of notes:

• Can LR-5 only have 4 bubbles active at one time (that's the max number I counted from the video at once)?
  • Does using Resolute / Unleash when in the air against Project Sav'rak very important to dps?
  • I noticed you guys didn't kill any of the kolto tanks prior to the adds release, were you saving cooldowns for the boss or just natural lack of dps from having only 3?
  • It seemed as though several times you guys walked through the fire "dogs" without being pinned; do they have a predetermined target or were you doing something special to avoid being pinned by them?

Thanks for the replies.

PT's are beast, he does a good amount of damage and holds threat like a champ letting me go all out.

We're all in pretty much full itemized BH/Campaign gear.

So let me get this straight:

You have all the gear that you would get so you could do this Flash Point so why would you continue to run it?

My point is you out gear the content so any rewards are worthless to you.

(Like doing Esseles level 10 at level 25 and complain about how easy it is to do.)

Yea that would make it easy to 3 man it.

Edited by Metalmac

You have all the gear that you would get so you could do this Flash Point so why would you continue to run it?

(Like doing Esseles level 10 at level 25 and complain about how easy it is to do.)

Heaven forbid people should play video games for fun.

But to the OP, nice work! It's too bad this still won't convince people that Lost Island isn't overly difficult.

Grats, this was very impressive.

Thank you!

A couple of notes:

• Can LR-5 only have 4 bubbles active at one time (that's the max number I counted from the video at once)?

I'll have to check that. If so, that can help with planning placement.

• Does using Resolute / Unleash when in the air against Project Sav'rak very important to dps?

Not too much, lets me get maybe 1 extra attack off or so. When running with 2 DPS he pretty much jumps to a tower right after and do that has let me get 1 attack off when normally I couldn't. If you're just barely hitting enrage then it might help push that extra DPS.

• I noticed you guys didn't kill any of the kolto tanks prior to the adds release, were you saving cooldowns for the boss or just natural lack of dps from having only 3?

Lack of DPS. I had Bloodthirst up for the third tank, but I'm that could have been used earlier and purely on lorrick to get him to the next phase before that third tank. A stim and some adrinals would have helped too, but for relics, I'm currently using the war hero pvp relics for a solid stat increase.

• It seemed as though several times you guys walked through the fire "dogs" without being pinned; do they have a predetermined target or were you doing something special to avoid being pinned by them?

I got stunned towards the beginning of the phase, but used Force Camouflage right after, not sure if that helped. I was expecting to get stun locked when I ran between the 2, maybe I just got lucky.

Thanks for all the comments! Hopefully people can learn from these techniques and not be afraid of LR-5 with mDPS.

nice work! It's too bad this still won't convince people that Lost Island isn't overly difficult.

I remember spending thousands of credits on repairs when it first came out, I was barely geared for it and the mechanics seemed intense. It took awhile to get the hang of it, but once you and your group get it down, it can be a lot of fun.

A Mara as a tank?

Yea, there is no problem with this (I play a Sentinel). We pump out enough dps that we can keep threat up. Also, if you have spent the two points in Recompense / Cloak of Annihilation then you can use Rebuke / Cloak of Pain more often. Either way, with or without the special spec'ing, they have enough armor and self heals to make it similar to healing a Shadow / Assassin. The only fight that it might be a problem in would be Project Sav-rak I would think. Personally I've never tried tanking LI HM on my Sentinel, but I have tanked other HM's (Taral V mostly).

As for choice of healer, I'd personally feel more comfortable with a Scoundrel / Operative healer (no real rational behind this though).

P.S. : Forgot to note, trash pulls might be harder with no taunts.

Yea, there is no problem with this (I play a Sentinel). We pump out enough dps that we can keep threat up. Also, if you have spent the two points in Recompense / Cloak of Annihilation then you can use Rebuke / Cloak of Pain more often. Either way, with or without the special spec'ing, they have enough armor and self heals to make it similar to healing a Shadow / Assassin. The only fight that it might be a problem in would be Project Sav-rak I would think. Personally I've never tried tanking LI HM on my Sentinel, but I have tanked other HM's (Taral V mostly).

As for choice of healer, I'd personally feel more comfortable with a Scoundrel / Operative healer (no real rational behind this though).

P.S. : Forgot to note, trash pulls might be harder with no taunts.

Personally don't have either Cloak of Annihilation or Defensive Roll on my Annihilation Mara but both would make the task easier. The hardest fight is actually LR-5 Sentinel Droid for me as Sav-rak tends to be a cake walk with Lorrick being interesting during his first phase but easy as hell once you get him to transform after 40%.

If you work the 3 defensive CD's Mara's have well enough then you can make things much easier on the healer though its still harder than if it was a tank class. As for a healer well Sorc/Operative would be the preferred choice for either the HOT's or AOE heals but wanted to go with a Merc as many think it's the weakest healer.

I don't really rate trash high enough in LI to ever CC anything other than 1 medic on the last pack before Lorrick. The rest of the time its just charge then some AOE followed by as much single dps as I can to take the targets down.

prettty impressive, though u out geared it. Me and my guildies did it last night with our fresh 50's in all recruit gear...

classes :

sage seer- heals

sage hybrid- dps

sage tele- dps

shadow - tank

we wiped once on sav-rak due to the tank facing him toward us and we all got the bleed and took more dmg then the heal's could handle. after that mistake it was cake. i think this fp is not as hard as ppl think just gotta be focused and know what ur doing. but now im gonna try 3 manning it with our mains

• 1 month later...

Point! Its like 2-manning BT HM in full rakata laughing lol

Nevertheless good job guys, I hope this will convince all those pu$$ies out there this instance is a joke even on hm, all u need is proper strat and good gear. :-D

Edited by Sithcreep

Tank = Powertech

DPS = Marauder

Heals = Operative

Shaclaw:

Sentinal Droid:

Sav-rak:

Lorrick:

a lil more challenging setup:

Tank=Operative

Healer=Marauder

DPS=Immortal Juggernaut

Pls give it a try guys and tell me if it worked...

Edited by Sithcreep

3 manning LI hm is fun, but to stresfull to do it regulary, preffer traditional way, but feeling of being pro after doing it is priceless.

specially when your alts 3 man with no wipes (2 dps and healer) and second guild team 4 mains are wiping like little girls :D

there was a lot of 'in your face' that night HA