Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

ninjonxb

Since apparently people love posting dire warnings about a mass exodus... how about a more likely one.

A mass exodus when another Bioware game launches (since I would bet on most people here being Bioware fans).

Dragon Age Inquisiton is coming out this fall and (even though its a single player game) I expect a mass exodus of this game when it launches.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still need to play through DA:O.

Just haven't been able to get into the series like Mass effect

I sorta feel the same way. I much prefer Mass Effect (partially because I prefer science fiction over fantasy) but I still love Dragon Age and all bioware games just for the way they work.

But similar to when ME3 came out, I will most likely not play this game for a week or 2 when Inquisiton comes out.

Edited by ninjonxb

I sorta feel the same way. I much prefer Mass Effect (partially because I prefer science fiction over fantasy) but I still love Dragon Age and all bioware games just for the way they work.

But similar to when ME3 came out, I will most likely not play this game for a week or 2 when Inquisiton comes out.

I got into ME series about 2 months before ME3 came out.

If I could bring myself to level in DA, this would be my first time playing on a launch day (which, if TOR is any indiction), it should be smooth.

I still need to play through DA:O.

Just haven't been able to get into the series like Mass effect

DA:O takes a bit of time to get into it. But once, at least for me, I started making choices I fell in love with the game.

Unlike ME, which took me reading about the story to actually get into it. Think of it like new TV show, you should give it at least 4 episodes before making a judgment call.

In some hardcore RPG forums, Bioware has lost almost all of their credibility with Dragon Age 2.

There, the mass exodus will rather be towards D:OS, The Witcher 3 or even Eschalon Book III or some other promising Indie developer.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I might quit this game at some point but I can't see myself quitting because of another game until Destiny drops (9/9). That's not to say that i will like Destiny, I guess I'll find out during the beta this summer, but it's a game I've been looking forward to and I really hope Bungie can deliver.

Small disclaimer for a potential surprise drop of H2A. I would jump straight to that if multiplayer was a copy of the original. God how I've missed Halo nights with the gang.

Edited by MidichIorian

This is actually my first Bioware game. But I definitely want to try the original Dragon Age and Mass Effect. They both look really fun.

You're in for such a treat, horrorfaneightys! :D

The Dragon Age and Mass Effect games are some of the best RPGs out there (much better than SWTOR in fact when it comes to storylines since their design never had to worry about timesinks to keep people subbed).

In some hardcore RPG forums, Bioware has lost almost all of their credibility with Dragon Age 2.

There, the mass exodus will rather be towards D:OS, The Witcher 3 or even Eschalon Book III or some other promising Indie developer.

DA2 is the black sheep of the Bioware games family. :p

DA:O was one of my greatest gaming experiences of all time.

DA:I isn't even on my radar. Zero interest.

The reason is DA2. In a story-based series, I'm not going to skip a game and then try to piece together everything I missed - and I'm not going to play DA2. So that franchise is dead to me. An action-based series can afford to have an abysmally weak entry...but a story-based series, not so much. At least for me.

It doesn't help that the Dragon Age universe really has no appeal to me. It's very well realized, but not my thing. (Which makes it all the more impressive that DA:O captivated me so much, in spite of the IP rather than because of it.)

But, never say never. I'm planning to unsubscribe from this game shortly due to the bugs. I haven't even completed chapter one of any of the stories yet, but...I can't stand continuing to give money to a game with so many bugs that don't get fixed.

So who knows, maybe with nothing else to play I'll resort to DA2 after all.

You're in for such a treat, horrorfaneightys! :D

The Dragon Age and Mass Effect games are some of the best RPGs out there (much better than SWTOR in fact when it comes to storylines since their design never had to worry about timesinks to keep people subbed).

I'm really looking forward to trying them. One of the most important things for me is story.

Lol yeah I'm prepared. :D

I know there are 3 parts (On the PC version. Not sure about the console versions) that your character , mobs and your companions turn into black blobs. You literally have to go into the code and add in something for it to work.

DA:O was one of my greatest gaming experiences of all time.

DA:I isn't even on my radar. Zero interest.

The reason is DA2. In a story-based series, I'm not going to skip a game and then try to piece together everything I missed - and I'm not going to play DA2. So that franchise is dead to me. An action-based series can afford to have an abysmally weak entry...but a story-based series, not so much. At least for me.

It doesn't help that the Dragon Age universe really has no appeal to me. It's very well realized, but not my thing. (Which makes it all the more impressive that DA:O captivated me so much, in spite of the IP rather than because of it.)

But, never say never. I'm planning to unsubscribe from this game shortly due to the bugs. I haven't even completed chapter one of any of the stories yet, but...I can't stand continuing to give money to a game with so many bugs that don't get fixed.

So who knows, maybe with nothing else to play I'll resort to DA2 after all.

Have you tried DA2?

Sure, it's not as great as DA:O, but it's still decent enough as far as RPGs go.

And besides; every DA game is a stand-alone story. Sure you may hear something about one of the previous heroes and even run into some companions from DA:O or other NPCs, but the only thing they have in common storywise is that they are set in the same world - and in the same time period (more or less) for all the current games.

If you haven't tried it, don't just take someone's word on it - according to the vast hordes of the internet SWTOR is just about the worst game ever made, and the devs that made it are devilworshippers given how they are working for the Evil EA.

Yet I take it you're enjoying SWTOR since you're posting here. :)

I'm really looking forward to trying them. One of the most important things for me is story.

They are really good games. ME1 especially is probably my favorite Bioware game.

I am actually kind of excited about DA:I. It seems like Bioware is moving out of their comfort zone with it and trying something new to them... We'll see.

Have you tried DA2?

Yes.

Yet I take it you're enjoying SWTOR since you're posting here. :)

Yes...well...except for the "you ARE" part. If switch that to "you were" or "you hopefully will be," then yes. I haven't played SWTOR for months, not least of all because of certain bugs.

Apparently I'm more sensitive to some things than most, but there are things that just make a game not worth playing to me....for example, at the moment I'm greatly enjoying Mass Effect 3. But as much as I'm enjoying it, I never would have played it at all if it weren't for the fan-made fix for ME1/2 custom faces (highly recommended if you're playing ME3 with an imported character):

http://faceeffect.blogspot.com/2012/04/lazarus-project-face-effect-tutorial.html

(Don't let the long tutorial intimidate you...once you get everything together, it's really pretty much a one-click process.)

Well, I'm currently making two different DA:O runs so....

ATM, I only play swtor 2, perhaps 3 times a week to raid with my guild and that's it.... but I don't think I'll be quiting this game for DAI, which I will certainly play....

Edited by wainot-keel

yeah, most likely I'll be MIA for a few days once DAI drops. and I didn't even want to be excited about it, but damn if it doesn't look good. incidentally? it will be shipping with a feature that will allow you to chose most if not all major decisions from prior 2 games, a built in save editor if you will.

that said, I had a lot more issues with ME3 as a sequel than I did with DA2 (it took extensive modding, not just lazarus project for imports, we're talking content modding, as well as completely changing how I relate to rpg's and character development within them, before I could enjoy it). /shrug, to each their own.

as for completely stopping to play SWTOR, at this point, it would take my guild falling apart for me to stop completely. I may end up cutting back eventually, once I'm done playing around with stories, but I'm having too much fun playing with my guildies so..

DA:I is the main reason I bought my PS4. It's arguably the ONLY game I'm gonna buy new this year (since they're pushing witcher 3 back till next Feb :mad: ) But I'm beyond excited for DA:I..... I loved origins, I loved the combat and art style of DA2. And I fully expect DA:I to be the best of both worlds. But chances are I'll be subbed to swtor until the "unnamed sw rpg" is released on consoles.

DA:I is the main reason I bought my PS4. It's arguably the ONLY game I'm gonna buy new this year (since they're pushing witcher 3 back till next Feb :mad: ) But I'm beyond excited for DA:I..... I loved origins, I loved the combat and art style of DA2. And I fully expect DA:I to be the best of both worlds. But chances are I'll be subbed to swtor until the "unnamed sw rpg" is released on consoles.

Why are you hating on the PC version? :p

Yes.

Yes...well...except for the "you ARE" part. If switch that to "you were" or "you hopefully will be," then yes. I haven't played SWTOR for months, not least of all because of certain bugs.

Apparently I'm more sensitive to some things than most, but there are things that just make a game not worth playing to me....for example, at the moment I'm greatly enjoying Mass Effect 3. But as much as I'm enjoying it, I never would have played it at all if it weren't for the fan-made fix for ME1/2 custom faces (highly recommended if you're playing ME3 with an imported character):

http://faceeffect.blogspot.com/2012/04/lazarus-project-face-effect-tutorial.html

(Don't let the long tutorial intimidate you...once you get everything together, it's really pretty much a one-click process.)

Fair enough. :)

I'll have to try that lazarus project sometime when I decide to go through ME3 again.