Medic Vs Concealment for Solo

Safalan

Hi all!

So I recently started up an Imperial Agent after concluding the story line for Jedi Sage and decided to head down the Operative path... now I have been reading around a bit about my talent tree options but I am still a bit uncertain...

what I would like to be able to do is mainly PvE and just complete the class story line... and also wouldn't mind soloing a few heroics (also, I assume Flashpoints would be too difficult to solo unless well above level and grayed out?)

The other thing i was wondering.... Armormech Vs Cybertech? I already have biochem on Jedi sage so want to try something different..

Not sure about when leveling up, however, I know that i could clear the 2+ Belsavis dailies much easier solo as medic than concealment using a tank companion. When I had lesser gear than I have now I could complete the heroic as medic but couldn't as concealment... It just takes a while

However, I did find that I generally leveled up faster as concealment as opposed to medic. However, the tough fights are easier as medic.

Thanks for your posts.... i might go hybrid then.... any examples of builds?

Also what is a good rotation to use in combat? From doing an onine search for a healer i found the following.... will my rotations be much different with a hybrid?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1052548-Guide-Imperial-Agent-Operative-Leveling-as-a-Healer

However it is an old guide so not sure how thats been effected with updates

Thanks for your help guys :):)

Leveling as a healer, I found it easier to do my daily flashpoint and PvP, and tackle the class content when it turned green. That way I didn't have to take damage talents at the expense of improving my healing output. It was also really important to keep Kaliyo kitted out in good DPS Powertech gear (though with a shield for survivability). The faster she killed things, the better. Edited by Jonespiano

Certainly hybrid spec is what some people like, but my 2 cents is that you should pick one or the other. I've played both and both are viable. But especially for the operative, the top tier skills in the tree are highly valuable and it's worthwhile to get them and get them into your rotations as soon as you can (whichever tree you are going), so that you can get good with them. To me a concealment operative is not viable without acid blade. Get it, practice it, use it constantly. Likewise you won't be a really good healer without going all the way up the medicine tree, and you need to learn to effectively juggle a number of skills in rotation while keeping your power up all the time. I'd say max out most of the tree and get good with it before you're 50.

The quickest way to get through just about any content solo is going to be DPS (many heroic-2's in concealment are easymode solo, as far as I'm concerned), but either option works with a bit of skill and good companion selection.

As far as crafting goes, you can pick your preference. Anything but Artifice and Synthweaving are arguably good choices for an Operative.

Edited by Wastrelz