Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

MasterCboath

I'm guessing I am not the only one to complain about this, BUT why in the WORLD is there no option for a Bounty Hunter to go Rifles? I would think that would be automatic for tanking tree, and I was originally going to go the tank rout until I found that out and went 2 blasters instead. It just seems foolish as all the popular BH in the SWars Uni all have blaster rifles besides Jango Fett.

Was there a reason why they went a different way with this? are there plans to add them maybe in the future?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing I am not the only one to complain about this, BUT why in the WORLD is there no option for a Bounty Hunter to go Rifles? I would think that would be automatic for tanking tree, and I was originally going to go the tank rout until I found that out and went 2 blasters instead. It just seems foolish as all the popular BH in the SWars Uni all have blaster rifles besides Jango Fett.

Was there a reason why they went a different way with this? are there plans to add them maybe in the future?

8 year olds that saw Jango Fett.

Pretty sure the most well known and bad *** Bounty Hunter in the entire galaxy uses a Blastech EE3.

8 year olds that saw Jango Fett.

Pretty sure the most well known and bad *** Bounty Hunter in the entire galaxy uses a Blastech EE3.

Right. Thats why I figured blaster rifle would be automatic for the non-dual wield tree. Why would a hunter want to use a single blast pistol. Give me a break!

100% agreed i would go PT but having one little blaster is embarrassing i feel like a child with it

I don't find it embarressing, but then again, I managed to find a pistol that makes me look like I'm compensating for something.

I'll go ahead and voice my opinion on the matter though. Due to the playstyle of the Powertech, pistols are actually ideal for the kind of close-quarters fighting we find ourselves in. For longer-range fighting, I wouldn't mind having a blaster rifle, but for the extreme close quarters I find myself in, pistols are a godsend. They allow you to maneuver during melee combat, and pistols are more 'environment friendly' in the fact that they don't have a lot of bulk to deal with when making tight turns in starships and buildings.

While I would love to see blaster rifles become a viable option (perhaps a particular specialization tree for Powertech and/or Mercenary?), I can see why the developers wanted Powertechs in particular to carry a pistol.

Trust me, there's some awesome looking pistols in this game.

Honestly, as a Powertech BH I don't even find myself firing my blaster all that often. Most of my attacks make use of the left-hand weapons platform, so using a single-handed blaster pistol makes more sense.

Rifles would still be cool, though.

Well, pistols and gadgets makes sense for a powertech for ship-to-ship assaults and corridor fighting. However, mercs with heavier weaponry (they do fire missiles afterall) would make more sense than just pistols. Could even use that Pyro tree and give it bonuses to blaster rifles/carbines - even if its just cosmetic. Edited by -Leon

The Troopers have all of our rifles. That's why we hates them, my precious.

Honestly, as a Powertech BH I don't even find myself firing my blaster all that often. Most of my attacks make use of the left-hand weapons platform, so using a single-handed blaster pistol makes more sense.

Agreed, i also play as an powertech and dont care about the guns

this. i barely use my blaster as is. and a rifle, or any two handed weapon just wouldn't make sense. we're not ranged tanks. we're close range. it'd be hard to do the grapple hook and flamethrowers etc if you didn't have a free hand.

i do wish the generator would have a pulsing graphic or something, though

I do think BHs should get an option for rifles, I mean Powertech was based off Boba Fett who used a rifle, whereas Merc was based on Jango who used dual blasters. Bioware really sucks at giving players customibility and options.

Boba actually used a carbine.

I picked up a pistol on Taris that actually looks like a small submachine gun, similar to a Tek-9 in style, with a scope on it.

Its mostly for looks people, the basic blaster shot animations and unload would look cooler if you were using a rifle. Its a matter of personal taste. I am more of a traditional guy, I prefer the rifles/carbines. Besides, they could just re use the Vanguard animations from Trooper, or slightly mod those to fit the BH better. Edited by Thargrim