In pvp what are you putting out guys?

Vladnar

Can you heal for over 500k?

Can you damage for over 350k?

However much i play around, and without using aoes which i feel is more of a pve tactic so im more focussed where needed, i can hit 420k healing as a max and about 280k damage but im sure we should be able to reach the numbers above.

Are you and are you having to use aoe to do this? Can you share your tactics with fellow sorcs?

....or do we just need that extra little tweaking to get us up there.

Im full War Hero by the way, so it may well just be me too old and slow.

Vlad

I dps so I will only comment on that. I do reach over 350 frequently but almost always when I have a healer in group who is decent. Up time is the most important thing for dps with the sorcerer you are very unbursty so you need to stay up to see the good numbers.

1: I use AOE for insta kills keep your eyes out for anyone under 25 percent health then drop it on them.

2: If you can get in a group with a healer and make friends.

3: Move constantly do not stay in one spot and turret look for new positions.

4: Stay away on the fringes you are long range and need to use it "I have problems with this".

5: When focused run to your team they may peel or even focus fire your attackers for you. Do not run to the open space you will be followed and killed.

After that it gets spec specific what are you running?

The amount varies depending on the length of the match and the skill of who is being fought. Assuming I am fighting average players on longer match I average around 550k to 660k healing in the bubble corr/lightning hybrid, around 550k damage in full madness, 590k damage in hybrid (lightning/madness). Lightning in pvp varies alot, yesterday I hit 760k damage in full lightning on voidstar, but alot of its capability depends on multiple targets being nearby and if said targets live long enough for you to set up your burst. On average I say I usually hit around 450k damage in full lightning.

The tactics you use to hit high numbers vary based on the spec you are playing. In the bubble stun hybrid I heal mostly just by keeping bubbles up on everyone, and then using resurgence + innervate for burst healing as needed.

In the hybrid dpsI usually dot up several targets with affliction to maximize my chances at getting lightning barrage. You can use lightning barrage as an easy way to get extra wrath procs quickly while crushing darkness is on cooldown. While not technically a dps increase it gives you a chance at getting lightning storm proc. Using force strom on grouped up enemies is another "decent" way to get instant chain lightning. Combining Instant chain lightning and deathfeild gives us decent aoe pressure and burst.

I can give more specific information reguarding all the specs if need be

Edited by AdmiralParmesan

The numbers are not that important to me because it seems like the numbers on my main server are significally lower than on many other servers. That's atleast the impression I get from reading other peoples' post. I used to never be outside top 2 (was only not #1 on 5 occassions in my first 60 valors on sage) but ever since we got the hard stun on our bubbles I've played the objective more, as in solo guarding or single handedly occupied three enemies on their node, and that has brought down my dps a little. In a full lenght game I'm usually +400K damage (again, thats probably top 2 so compared to the rest of the players it's good) or +500K healing. Then there are games where I will dps all game and beat the second best with 300K, still not getting those huge numbers . Also, I'm always pugging, I do better with a supportive team around me.

It wasnt long ago that I did 600K damage in BH and 300K (2nd best in game) in a full set of greens that I bought for fun on gtn.

From what I've heard from others on my main server there's not a big difference in quality compared to for instance POT5 so I don't know why I dont see those big numbers more often. I know that some of the top rated players will reach 1 million, in rateds, every now and then but you can't compare that to a normal warzone. They have 7 good players around them, including healers, and in a stalemate they'll spend the majority of the game zerging one node.

tl:dr- Compare yourself to the people that are playing the same AC and spec as yourself instead of looking at the numbers.

Also, I'm foremost a single target player. I will stick to one guy and I rarely spread my dots thin. Infact, if it hadnt been for the fact that I have recklessness macroed to affliction (I figured that affliction is never a waste and it's a cheap ability) I'd probably never use affliction. Regardless of what other classes claim there's no way of "spamming" mind crush, due to the cd and how no sane person uses it off wrath, so I dont know where the whole "dot spamming" saying comes from. I'm also frequently using lightning strike, wrath pops quite frequently so I figure that it will probably proc again before MC is off CD.

Edited by Washingtoon

Numbers mean little- what's more important is how useful you are in protecting/capping objectives, which is hard to quantify since objective points aren't given for a lot of very useful things.

Overall- objectives wise, I do quite well, mostly due to the stun bubble, in offense and defense- though am ineffective in stopping ball carriers.

Without the stun bubble/once nerfed, I can still defend nodes but on offense I would be useless compared to my PT and marauder.

Numbers-wise... I generally end with 200k healing, 100k damage- however, on my server that's pretty high- it's unusual to have players with over 350k damage or healing- and it's almost unheard of to have both in a match, and maybe every 10 games one player passes 500k.

The more challenging the game, the more numbers I push out. Not sure why it would be in reverse for you. When playing a team of bads, you don't need to heal or damage for nearly as much because your team is not taking much damage and your opponent is dying off very quickly. The matches are usually quick as well.

The more challenging the game, the more numbers I push out. Not sure why it would be in reverse for you. When playing a team of bads, you don't need to heal or damage for nearly as much because your team is not taking much damage and your opponent is dying off very quickly. The matches are usually quick as well.

Good players know to focus fire, know how to dogged pursuit you, keep you stunned and interrupted. Bad players can still do plenty of damage- they just don't bother trying to stop a healer.

Ive lately found matches aren't terribly even which i suppose stops me pushing out the numbers id like to see, if im at all worried about this kinda thing, don't get me wrong its doing the right thing in the right situation and having these things matter that interests me more. Thing is if youre team aren't being damaged cos they are too good and taking players down too quick OR poor and getting mashed real fast plus youre being stunned out by being pack hunted as a healer, as is right i guess, then either leads to lower figures.....but thanks guys for the good info.

Good players know to focus fire, know how to dogged pursuit you, keep you stunned and interrupted. Bad players can still do plenty of damage- they just don't bother trying to stop a healer.

I understand how you are trying to logically show me your thought process, but it still doesn't make sense really. I guess if you are strictly a dps sorc, and you have absolutely no support from a single person on your team, and you are constantly being focused and not a single person is helping you in any way...then your numbers will suck. That is understandable and makes sense.

As a corruption hybrid though, my healing skyrockets when myself and teammates are being focused hard and properly. I'm taking way more damage and so are my teammates. I have to heal for a lot more, and even help with assisting on damage when playing a challenging game.

Something to think about is when I am being focused really hard, I always heal for a lot more because I have extra healing on myself from talents. I'm also constantly healing every second of the game if I am being focused religiously. Also good games last a lot longer than quick wins against bad players.

In a non-challenging game I will heal for 150-300k because there isn't much to be done. But in a challenging game I usually heal for 400-700k and do 75-125k damage.

Edited by Hairyzac

I don't play rated's I only pug normal WZ's - but I regularly hit 400k damage 150k healing on my sorc. I have mostly war hero and couple of battle master pieces. And I don't respec I just play the madness pve hybrid spec in pvp. I do find I get focussed a bit, but I generally stick to pillars and use force slow, force speed etc. Plus I don't mind dying if it means I save a node / door for my team to get there.

PVP really varies on length and numbers alone dont mean crap because all wzs last a different amount of time so dps/hps is what you should be more interested in. When i heal I usually play full heals on my sorceror and i'd say i'd average about 600-850hps in normal wzs. The highest i've gone for healing per second is 1121hps. I've done 800k plus a few times in full length voidstars which i'd consider average i guess.

DPS i play hybrid and because of the nature of playing dps sorc and the amount of smashers going around it can vary quite a lot. The highest dps i've done is 1124dps in a wz where there was a crap tonne of healers that didnt cleanse dots all stacked up so i can aoe.. other then that i am usually pretty surprised when i reach 700-800dps so i'd consider my average dps count to be slightly lower then my hps as a heals. Again there is so much variables involved. I wouldnt say i'm anything special on my sorc but i quite enjoy playing it because its a bit of an underdog class and it feels rewarding for me to put out decent numbers in wzs on it occasionally more so then my main (sent).

Edited by AngusFTW

idk *** u guys are doing but i regularly pug and break 400k,500k and ive only been back a month

i hit 685K a week ago which is my highest since ive been back and highest since my 828k back in the wrath chain lightning adrenal days

hybrid is still the best for mobility, and all around dmg and recourse management

I honestly find that when I focus on just my healing number, we end up losing more. I started doing this a couple nights ago, just to make sure I hadn't really lost my edge/ability.

There's so many different things a sorc can do to better affect the outcome of a normal warzone.

usually, as a bubble stunner, I heal around 300-350k with 70-100k damage done in, say a full voidstar.

when I did two near full voidstars today, completely ignoring damage dealing and 100% healing focus, I put up 500k-550k healing both times...and we lost both.

See, sometimes I'll madness/innervate it in order to contribute to dps (then I can hit I dunno, 200 and 300k respectively - although the lack of cc does suck of course), because we all know pugging warzones involves a lot of 40 point baddie DPSers. Thing about keeping bad DPS alive longer is they don't actually complete objectives that much faster. Bad DPS will still take too long to kill someone and doors won't get open, nodes won't get taken.

So many people are wrapped up in numbers. Unless you are literally the only healer in the 8 man, doing this is a mistake.

Edited by islander

I play full Madness and im full war hero, but my damage is around 200-250k..never reached 400k in warzones. I only see Marauders and Powertecks reaching that numbers.

I get about 290k regularly but thats when im not gobbled up by assaults and sents dude both lightning and mandness need some love on the dps side

As a Dps Sorcerer I often have the highest amount of damage at the end of a warzone, however most of this damage is just from deathfield hitting multiple people, as well as dotting multiple people with affliction.

I use full madness spec or the madness/lightning hybrid, I switch between the two. However while full madness my healing can usally go up to 100k just from the self healing (paratism, crushing darkness heal from set bonus, and deathfield heal.)

I really believe this all depends on way to many variables. Length of match, gear, spec build, tank guarding you or not, ability to stay up and especially for healers is cross healing with other healers. You also can't out heal damage. Meaning there has to be damage happening to heal it. I'm a 31/7/3 spec w/ 35.93% Crit 75% Surge, 8% activation speed & completely min/maxed WH w/ some lvl 27 PVE amors. I average between 550K - 750K a match with my high being 997K. I'm in a small guild an we work very well together. I do find it more of a challenge when I do pug WZs but still average the same heals. My highest damage is 575K.

There are just so many factor on going on about the actual number your toon is putting out.

Did 200k damage and 460k healing in a match today- that's the most I've seen in a long time by anyone though, definitely not the norm.

Most matches- still end with around 100k damage, 250k healing- and I end up being top on healing unless there's a healer with 0 damage done.

Simply- I still find it very rare to see a match where even one person breaks the 300k on either damage or healing.

300k damage is near impossible to pull off if you're doing both. Voidstar is probably the easiest to crank out numbers in, and I've never managed to hit both 300k in each. If I'm hitting savior (300k+) the best I normally get is in the lower-mid 200's damage wise.

I suppose it'd be possible to do in a voidstar or a never ending middle battle in alderaan provided you had someone guarding you. I never actually ask for a guard, though, unless I am in 'pure' healer mode. Which basically means in a pre-made running lightning hybrid. If I run madness heal hybrid I never ever ask for a guard. I'd rather it go to the full time healer, even if they are more durable then I.

When I solo PUG I just determine how many healers we 'probably' have when I load in, and if it's 2 or more I usemadness/innervate. If I can't be sure if we have two healers, I'll switch to stun bubble (i.e. lightning hybrid).

You can definitely put out 600-750k heals as a pure sorc healer, mostly by just keeping that 31 point AOE going. Between that and keeping static barrier up, that is a lot. Of course, it always depends on group composition. When I see a pure sorc healer and I run bubble stun I'll whisper the sorc healer and suggest he leaves the bubbling for me when he sees me doing it, as it's better for our DPS.

The whole communication process gets tiring, but it beats having 3 healers and 5 DPS, with 2 DPS being meh. Not winning any warzone that way. If a DPSer can't put out at least 160-200k damage in a warzone, then I can match his output with just 18 points in madness - and still heal situationally for a good bit.

it's funny though. The flexibility is both a benefit and a curse. Some nights I'll be constantly switchign roles back and forth, and I'll end up just having a subpar night after a couple warzones just because my head is spinning. I like the challenge but about one night a week it seems to get the best of me.

I honestly wish pure DPS sorc was worth playing, because being on my lowbie sniper is a lot less stressful. Not to mention DPSing as a sorc is a lot of fun, even a year later seeing that lightning hasn't gotten old.

Edited by islander

I have Field Respec so at times on Void Star I will go Dps for Offense and can come out of the game with 300k for damage and healing if we stop the enemy and cap the first door to win my damage will be likely 120k with 300-500k healing.

With hutball going DPS I've hit 500k damage with controlling the middle and working grips in. Healing is normally 300-400k as I'm trying to work pulls in while focusing on the ball carriers.

Civil War it really depends if I'm where the action is 500k Damage or if heal spec 500k healing is normal.

Novair same thing if it's a good team and South is an endless struggle of heals 500-600 k Healing Damage is normally 500-600k lower if there is not much going on or if it's a pug team on one side vs a premade.

Biggest hitting ability is my Death Field and I have gotten up to 5782 in a Warzone still hunting the 6k mark. Still adding more gear at this point . I have about 947 Bonus to damage. around 768 bonus to healing.

I have Field Respec so at times on Void Star I will go Dps for Offense and can come out of the game with 300k for damage and healing if we stop the enemy and cap the first door to win my damage will be likely 120k with 300-500k healing.

With hutball going DPS I've hit 500k damage with controlling the middle and working grips in. Healing is normally 300-400k as I'm trying to work pulls in while focusing on the ball carriers.

Civil War it really depends if I'm where the action is 500k Damage or if heal spec 500k healing is normal.

Novair same thing if it's a good team and South is an endless struggle of heals 500-600 k Healing Damage is normally 500-600k lower if there is not much going on or if it's a pug team on one side vs a premade.

Biggest hitting ability is my Death Field and I have gotten up to 5782 in a Warzone still hunting the 6k mark. Still adding more gear at this point . I have about 947 Bonus to damage. around 768 bonus to healing.

how r u getting that high with death field?

are u like a 7/3/31 build? for max DF dmg?

cause even at 7/18/16 and 940 bonus dmg i can only hit DF's at 4k max 77% crit bonusdmg