Video Card Suggestions?

Screaming_Ziva

I am currently running dual GeForce 8800 GTs which looks like is not cutting it. Out in the wilderness everything seems fine but when I get into the larger cities, everything tends to slow down to a crawl. I have lowered my video settings which have helped but I believe it's time for me to upgrade my card(s).

I have been looking at the GeForce GTX 560 Ti:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130657

Anyone running this card with SWTOR? Any problems? Any other suggestions? $250 is pretty much the upper limit of what I want to spend.

I might be wrong and I haven't been following GPUs as much as I normally have, but I believe the 560 cards work fine. BUT I've also heard that they have problems with their drivers not being compatible with systems. You're on the right path though, with that card. Read reviews, cards with more reviews are safe to say popular for a reason, and you can always look into those more also.

I would say a 560 will run the game just fine from what I've read on the forums though. med-high settings most likely. However, I may be wrong. :rolleyes:

I just got the 560 TI and it is simply fantastic at 1920x1080. I run with everything on high/max and it is smooth as can be. Note that I have a new PC with core i7 processor. The combination of GPU/processor is simply awesome. The machine came with a cheap ATI GPU that suuuuuuucked. Edited by Nutbar