Gungan

ParadiseGame

Jar Jar Bings was quite annoying, still I like the species and think it should not be judged on one individual that Lucas made the comic relief and that almost nobody liked. In my opinion are the Ewoks the far worse species in Star Wars, and we got one of them in SWTOR already, so I still hope to see one day Naboo in SWTOR and really hope BioWare can show us the Gungans in a better light and not try to have just Jar Jars then.

What Star Wars should bring back is the species gungan, they played a large role in the movies and comics and are very recognized, if you don't remember this species go to thins link here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jjportrait.jpg

There is nothing to bring BACK, as gungans are about as "well known" in the galaxy at the age of the old republic as are the ewok and friendlyness on these forums.

They will play a large side role in the movies, which take place 3500 years in the future of this games timeline. They do not play any kind of role in this era.

There is nothing to bring BACK, as gungans are about as "well known" in the galaxy at the age of the old republic as are the ewok and friendlyness on these forums.

They will play a large side role in the movies, which take place 3500 years in the future of this games timeline. They do not play any kind of role in this era.

Except target practice.

Except target practice.

We already got Ewok and Wookiee for that, we don't need any more. We should not overly confuse our brave soldiers by making them actually think about what to shoot first. (Note: intentionally using "what" and not "who")

Edited by JPryde

Jar Jar Bings was quite annoying, still I like the species and think it should not be judged on one individual that Lucas made the comic relief and that almost nobody liked. In my opinion are the Ewoks the far worse species in Star Wars, and we got one of them in SWTOR already, so I still hope to see one day Naboo in SWTOR and really hope BioWare can show us the Gungans in a better light and not try to have just Jar Jars then.

Finally someone agrees with me! Eoks are a terrible species...they are short little teddybears waiting to be bombed from orbit...

Although it is pointed to 3000 year BBY on the Wookiepedia page, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds placed it somewhere past 4000 BBY. So theoretically, you could split this and make a story about the Gungan Civil War.

(I still wouldn't recommend bringing Gungans into this game though; there is far too much ire from the majority of Star Wars fans over Gungans.)

Although it is pointed to 3000 year BBY on the Wookiepedia page, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds placed it somewhere past 4000 BBY. So theoretically, you could split this and make a story about the Gungan Civil War.

(I still wouldn't recommend bringing Gungans into this game though; there is far too much ire from the majority of Star Wars fans over Gungans.)

Exactly that's my point and i would be something people would look forward to i asked a lot of people and they thought it would be awesome

Yes bring them in, so I can spend hours shooting them like I did in SWG. I LOOOOOOVE killing Gungans. :p

HAHAHAHA, I did exactly the same thing!

God, please, please, please, especially don't bring in as a companion, that would upset my Karma

From a History point of view, Naboo wouldn't have mattered around this time, so highly unlikely for them to come in, but that said Ewoks' were not either and we have Treek... I actually like Treek, but a GUNGAN! MESA NO HAPPY!!

Ok, We can put Gungan on the want to play list. The Bottom of the list below 20 other species.

Didn't thought about them as playable species, but now that you mention it, put them very high (still I want my Togruta more) so that I can pawn people you think they have to attack every Gungan in PvP!

Thanks for bringing that idea up! Seems like the best way to show how cool Gungans can be, by letting the good PvP players have them to show you who is boss... maybe only available with a certain ranked PvP rating or for players with 100 ranks in valour, or something like that that shows one is a dedicated PvP player.

• 6 months later...

I agree. When I play pen and paper RPG I usually are a gungan. Just imagine a rude gungan mercenary smoking, waiting for a fistful of credits. No "mesa" and those things... But a lot of people hate them, not sure it is because they blame them because they didnt like The phantom menace but the gungan battle was one of my favorite parts of that trilogy. Just take off jar jar and you'll see what I mean. If they put gungans in game, race is sold for me, but they wont, Im sure, and I think it will be a miracle if we see iconic races like rodians, and this is a shame. Without those thing this game dont make me feel Im inmerse in the SW universe.

P.D: sorry about my english.

Am I the only person who doesn't feel any hatred to Jar Jar?

I'm not really sure how anyone decided to actually hate JarJar... sure he's annoying, but to hate him with such vitriol? It's just another conspicuous pack mentality... a genuine Lord-Of-The-Flies phenom.