THIS is how you do a Producer stream Bioware.

Acaelus-Thorne

Been a swtor player since launch. Participated in every stream. Starting playing WoW a few weeks ago because swtor has been pissing me off with the lack of Dev interaction.. The quality of Dev interaction and question answering in the stream i linked is so far above what bioware has offered is mindblowing.

https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft

Recap for those of us unable to watch the stream?

• Player Q? :What's the reason behind the Warrior class campaign taking significantly longer than any other class?
  • Associate Producer A: (genuine) We screwed up.

Almost spilled my coke all over the keyboard ;)

Edited by Deewe

Just the over all professionalism and transparency is astounding. They admit certain classes are broken, they admit they have some fixes planned, and sometimes they admit they don't. But they NEVER cover it up and pretend like everything is fine. Thats all we have asked from SWTOR Devs, just tell us the truth, whether its good or bad, thats all we want.

Even if someone from SWTOR team was to say "We know you guys miss raiding, we do have a future content exploring that in the next year" or "We know that Sorcs are insanely OP in PvP we are investigating fixes". We get "Check back in 3-4 months for a look at whats to come". When we do that, we get more mystery, no answers. Its sickening. I've been a diehard swtor fan since day 1. After this KOTFE ended and we got this piss poor image of KOTET coming with ZERO information, its just unacceptable. The forums and reddit are filled with complaints that EASILY can be subdued just by Musco or Tait or anyone saying "We know *insert this* is broken, we are looking into it, and plan to work on it". That would solve so much saltiness. I can't continue to play a game like this until major changes happen.

Just the over all professionalism and transparency is astounding. They admit certain classes are broken, they admit they have some fixes planned, and sometimes they admit they don't. But they NEVER cover it up and pretend like everything is fine. Thats all we have asked from SWTOR Devs, just tell us the truth, whether its good or bad, thats all we want.

This is all very true.

But what I also took from that stream, and from playing a little bit of Legion, is that Blizzard are not only prepared to admit they made a mistake, they are also (and this is FAR, FAR more important) prepared to learn from those mistakes.

WoD Garrisons were a "good idea" abysmally implemented. And Blizzard took that on board, thrashed it around a bit, and came back with Class Order Halls - which if my experience of them so far (about halfway through the level content) are a massive improvement on Garrisons.

And just to say Artifact Weapons - just brilliant, this idea of treating a weapon as an icon, an integral part of the character, something that "grows" with the character is something I just love, and have loved ever since I first picked up an Earthdawn rulebook back in 1993. LotRO tied to achieve something similar with Legendary Items, but failed at first and then took far too long to try and fix it - Blizzard have just done it right, from the start.

I think in another thread I rated KotFE 3 or 4/10.

I'd rate Legion 8/10 so far.

All The Best

• Player Q? :What's the reason behind the Warrior class campaign taking significantly longer than any other class?
  • Associate Producer A: (genuine) We screwed up.

Almost spilled my coke all over the keyboard ;)

Longer than priest?!? Damn... but yeah, can respect accountability

Agree with every word.

Out of curiosity, is there a September stream planned here or are they just going to sit in their holes until the cantina?

Edited by gabigool

This is all very true.

But what I also took from that stream, and from playing a little bit of Legion, is that Blizzard are not only prepared to admit they made a mistake, they are also (and this is FAR, FAR more important) prepared to learn from those mistakes.

WoD Garrisons were a "good idea" abysmally implemented. And Blizzard took that on board, thrashed it around a bit, and came back with Class Order Halls - which if my experience of them so far (about halfway through the level content) are a massive improvement on Garrisons.

And just to say Artifact Weapons - just brilliant, this idea of treating a weapon as an icon, an integral part of the character, something that "grows" with the character is something I just love, and have loved ever since I first picked up an Earthdawn rulebook back in 1993. LotRO tied to achieve something similar with Legendary Items, but failed at first and then took far too long to try and fix it - Blizzard have just done it right, from the start.

All The Best

Absolutely agree with the Weapons. Can you imagine if swtor did that? Most lightsabers were made by the person, or have incredibly long histories, and a Jedi or a Sith carried them until death. It would be a perfect system in swtor for "story" based content that they insist we all have wanted instead of class balance. I just wish Bioware would take up Blizzards attitude and learn from their failures.

I just wish Bioware would take up Blizzards attitude and learn from their failures.

Yeah, but the problem with that is this development group do not believe they make mistakes when it comes to the direction and design of this game, or fail at all.

Edited by Degan

This is all very true.

All The Best

Geez this looks like really nice.

I might resurrect my 5 year old characters from the grave...

About the bioware telling the truth if this post was created about a year I would totally agree, this time I will say they admitted there mistakes this year not Dev stream, just in interview. BW admitted in interview, that sorc were OP in snave interview, , and that it was a mistake not put group contect in kotfe, and said that lot people already did the content when they rebalance the ops. And that they put to many skytroopers in the chapter. Imo BW was just as honest as wow. but that should had been said in the Dev stream not just in interview though Edited by commanderwar

Yeah, but the problem with that is this development group do not believe they make mistakes when it comes to the direction and design of this game, or fail at all.

What is sad, is the fact that it is solely the Star Wars IP that has kept this game from going under. Any other game with this developer attitude and mindset would have been shut down by now!

Of-course none of us want the Star Wars mmo to fail, but realistically at this point, we just need a new company and a new sw mmo to step in. Hopefully if it happens, then the new company will take all the good things from swg and swtor and blend them into a superior product.

It would be so refreshing if the 'creative team' admitted they screwed up the story. so there would be some hope its going to improve.

They bring back the sith emperor in SOR and Ziost as a giant force gas cloud and the next thing we know his a happily married man on Zakuul. Then we kill his body and he becomes an all powerful force ghost and for what so Arcann can have some daddy issues. Then we get stuck in carbonite for 5 years, a galaxy reset only its not galaxy wide and only counts for 2 areas (hard to say worlds when they are so small). And then 15 more chapters where next to nothing happens and its a Victory!

I do not play WoW, I don't like the graphics and the oversized weapons but things like that makes me think I should follow my guild their. Though even ESO is more accountable and far better graphics.

Come on BW have a look at the dev tracker and see the level of communication this week, if it weren't for bugs and serve maintenance we wouldn't even know there still was a community team.

It would be so refreshing if the 'creative team' admitted they screwed up the story. so there would be some hope its going to improve.

They bring back the sith emperor in SOR and Ziost as a giant force gas cloud and the next thing we know his a happily married man on Zakuul. Then we kill his body and he becomes an all powerful force ghost and for what so Arcann can have some daddy issues. Then we get stuck in carbonite for 5 years, a galaxy reset only its not galaxy wide and only counts for 2 areas (hard to say worlds when they are so small). And then 15 more chapters where next to nothing happens and its a Victory!

I do not play WoW, I don't like the graphics and the oversized weapons but things like that makes me think I should follow my guild their. Though even ESO is more accountable and far better graphics.

Come on BW have a look at the dev tracker and see the level of communication this week, if it weren't for bugs and serve maintenance we wouldn't even know there still was a community team.

I don't there has been a community team for the last 2 years.

What is sad, is the fact that it is solely the Star Wars IP that has kept this game from going under. Any other game with this developer attitude and mindset would have been shut down by now!

Of-course none of us want the Star Wars mmo to fail, but realistically at this point, we just need a new company and a new sw mmo to step in. Hopefully if it happens, then the new company will take all the good things from swg and swtor and blend them into a superior product.

Who is going to pour all that money into an oversaturated market when unlike other franchises, the Star Wars name can make cheaper, non MMO titles sell well and at a continual rate without an MMO's overhead. They can even make a demented tablet game with a cash shop that will earn more on the cheap. This is what you get as far as Star Wars MMOs go.

And again, standard disclaimer- not a big KOTFE fan. I happen to think that a lot of good will was burnt up built on the game's past story and KOTET would have to completely overhaul that structure in order to repair the damage.

WoW is, and this is as an outsider, a money printer designed to keep their subs utterly hooked. They will do anything and everything to keep that gravy train going but have made colossal mistakes with some expansions, the Panda one in particular I think, which boiled down to 'they'll swallow anything we give them'. All MMOs are designed with a content carrot hiding their hand on your wallet... with this game, you can see the Cartel Market and actually employ critical thinking other than a zonked, cult like 'they take care of us, they care about their playerbase' Blizzard cares about your wallet.

My LvD character got stuck in her Belsavis arc last night when the mission completed without granting its next one because I had entered a warzone in instance. They fixed it within six hours for me. EA has always been helpful, even with their single player games on Origin, yes they care about their reputation as getting future money but the things I've gotten on a one time payment- they make things easier for you.

I don't want a dedicated customer relations front designed to soothe and placate me- they release patch notes, they deal with problems and don't manage us. Want a look at actual high end- look at CCP and EvE and how they care for their playerbase and their concerns. That's the comparison you use to argue fault, unless you've never made a customer service complaint and gotten through to someone who says all the right things and apologizes when they can't change something, making you feel like a special snowflake.

Its funny because I never played WoW either. Actually I was an adamant hater of it since its creation. I literally played every other MMO but WoW. I've been heavily into ESO, because its an amazing game after they fixed it. I needed something to hold me over until its big One Tamriel update in October, so I tried WoW out of a whim. I'm amazed on how good it is. The polish, the following, the developers. Its top MMO for a reason, even though i used to despise it.

I still love swtor, it has a special place in my heart and i've spent thousands on it. But I need a break after this last year. I've never been more disappointed with a game and the way its ran than SWTOR during KOTFE. I just felt like everything I enjoyed about the game was betrayed, I had high hopes (i still think KOTFE story was cool) but the way we were strung along and how emphasis went on Cartel Market than gameplay, it just broke my spirit, so I have to play some other games in the mean time until I can come back. THe nail the coffin was striving night and day for season 7 Ranked PvP with the class balance, the low servers, the bugs. And all for what? A title and color crystal? No weapons, no armor? I felt like they slapped all of us PvPers in the face after all the BS we put up with. Now that i'm experiencing some of the other top MMO's heavily like ESO and WoW I can see why they are what they are. Unless SWTOR has a radical change in development and creativity, its just going to be a cash grab Cartel Market. Where everyone just buys packs to play dress up, and that pains me to say that because I love the game. Its sad we have to rely on dataminers to pick up content to rally hype.