Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

Stephen Reid just said on Reddit that a Hood Toggle was difficult to add to the game. He has been an honest Communtiy Rep and I accept him at his word, so I get that may not come for a while.

Still though, I (and a ton of other Knight players) don't want to be stuck playing a bald hooded character til 50. So please add this interim fix. The following armors are completed and playable, as we have seen from this very website. Please add moddable versions of the following to the game as soon as possible:

The two Guardian and first Sentinel chest piece from this video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/jedi-knight-progression

The Knight from this video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/taral-v-developer-walkthrough

If this is different from the Class Progression video, than the Knight armor shown here:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/join-fight

The Jedi Armor from 1:05/1:06 in this video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/fate-galaxy

The armor on the central image on this page:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/jedi-knight

The Sentinel armor shown here:

The Guardian armor shown here:

... and the Guardian armor shown here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/inhabitants/miraluka

... and here:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/e3-multiplayer-demo

If some of these are duplicate looks, then just add one, but right there are at least 8 chestpieces with the hood down, both Guardian and Sentinel, and if they were added in as moddable orange chest pieces, it would make at least this Jedi Knight, and though I don't speak for anybody else, I imagine a lot of other Knights, happy enough to enjoy playing our characters until such time as a toggle can be made.

Please do this. You have the art. It's done. It's as simple as adding 8 chestpieces to the game. With so little effort, you could make so many of your players happy to play again, and happy to subscribe again. Thank you for listening.

Edited by JohnRoy

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah thanks John for including Sentinels !

I support that ! If the "toggle" feature is too complicated, don't leave us with only hooded bath robe like now :/ ... Or that awful pvp gear.

The more I watch those trailers and screenshots, the more I think "wow the game is gonna be epic ! Some time in the future..." :/ ...

I'll stop playing the knight char, with broken companions, horrible design (cause the good designs didn't make it into the game for some reason), face hidden, fat butt, extremely hard to be competitive in pvp etc... It's just a clear message from bioware in my eyes : "play something else we'll fix the Jedi when we have balance within the population" ...

Edited by Strayth

Ah thanks John for including Sentinels !

I support that ! If the "toggle" feature is too complicated, don't leave us with only hooded bath robe like now :/ ... Or that awful pvp gear.

The more I watch those trailers and screenshots, the more I think "wow the game is gonna be epic ! Some time in the future..." :/ ...

I'll stop playing the knight char, with broken companions, horrible design (cause the good designs didn't make it into the game for some reason), face hidden, fat butt, extremely hard to be competitive in pvp etc... It's just a clear message from bioware in my eyes : "play something else we'll fix the Jedi when we have balance within the population" ...

You are welcome! All the Jedi Knights are in this together.

Here are three more, bringing the total of already implemented Hood Down chestpieces that can be added in right now, to 11:

The Knight shown here:

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/miraluka

The Guardian shown here:

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/evolving-style

The Sentinel shown here:

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/eternity-vault

All of these armors exist right now. Please, Devs, give the Knights a great late holiday present and let us enjoy the game fully.

Don't forget the ones on the freaking character creator that taunts you when you first make a Knight.

http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/content_images/1/swtor/swtorjediknight.jpg

Not to mention every NPC Jedi Knight in the game.

And these:

The armors at 0:44, 3:03, 1:29, and 4:59 of this video:

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/designing-light-side

One may be a re-color of one of the Sentinel armors I already linked, but it's different. That's at least 14 hood down armors the Devs have already designed and fully implemented that are waiting in a file to be added to the game as moddable chest armors and make every Jedi Knight player in the game happy. Devs, please do this as soon as possible.

How many of the people who would like a Hood Toggle would be happy with this solution?

Clearly the "harder than it looks" angle is hogwash, as they are already in the game, but the devs have either forgotten or chosen not to include them for those actual players who wish to play jedi knights.

Create new item. Copy/paste stats from planetary commendation vendor robe. Copy/paste hoodless robe model from existing hoodless robe model. Now, the time consuming part... pick a new name. Place on vendor. Done.

If it's harder than that, I shudder to think how long any improvements will take.

There may be clipping issues incoming - yes. I dont like these little beasts - yes. But in that special case i dont give a damn - you may fix that later. I can wait for that a long long time if you get off them hoods by now.

There are already clipping issues. The hoods clip the Miraluka masks in many cases. Clipping issues are in the game right now.

The Twilekk Lekku won't clip because the hood part doesn't appear on a Twi Lek anyway.

Even if there are clipping issues on half of the 14 ready to go chest pieces I linked to, that's still 7 moddable knight armors with the hood down in the game, more than enough to allow me to find one that suits my Jedi.

The ironic part of all this is that so many of the looks are amazing when the hood is down. I am genuinely excited about being able to wear any of them. They would all be better then the Medium Tython tunic I am making do with currently. And all are better than being hooded and bald against my will.

That's it guys, I... am wearing the goggles. I was tired of my "prince" look (the white and golden cape, ya know). So I put some sentinels cloth on, with googles.

Well as I had a lot of hair, it kinda hides it, and strangely, as sentinels cloth have a lot of stuff like that, it doesn't seem too weird.

Wonder how long I will last till the illusion is broken again. At least it doesn't have the fat butt.

(talking about that, think about upping the butt thread or they'll think we're over it D; I'm the last post I don't wanna double post)

Edited by Strayth

I explained why it might be complicated on the other thread.

Though for "new pieces" without toggle, obviously, we have to wait for a real content update.

I'm totally fine with the toggle being too complicated. That's what this thread is for. It's to promote the Devs just putting the armors I linked to in the game for now. I don't need to "toggle on... toggle off... toggle on... toggle off" to be a happy Jedi. I don't need to re-enact Ben taking his hood off in Ep IV.

I just want to be a Jedi with the hair I gave him who can spend a cut scene without his head covered up and still wear cool Heavy robes/armor meant for a Jedi, not a Trooper.

And I disagree that we would have to wait for a big content update. If the armors are done, it should be as simple as what the previous poster stated: Add stats. Name. Insert into commendation vendor. I really believe we could have them in the game by next week if they thought it was important. I also believe that having it in before the first month of game time is up IS important.

Well John, I think I've been vocal enough so that you know I agree with you on all points.

That being said, all that matters is Bioware's point of view.

Obviously, they knew exactly many of their JK players would be upset by how badly the class has been handled (there's not a single area that doesn't have SERIOUS problems).

If it were, let's say, imperial agent, I guess we could understand that. But failing THE class the licence your game is based on ? That's hard to believe. As the game has great qualities, it's impossible to believe that such an incompetent team actually put this great game together. So it had to be done "on purpose".

Though I think they didn't want us to feel so bad about it. Problem is, there's been TONS of other problems with the game.

From game breaking issues (quests failing etc...) to the game being unplayable for many players (with high end comps and decent comps), all the "little things" they wanted to fix "quickly enough" are probably delayed.

For instance, the "hi rez" textures pack (did you seriously zoom on the Jedi textures ? They're among the most hideous the game has), the Anti aliasing, depth of view etc...

All of that will be focused on LATER, because right now they're trying to make their game actually run properly the way it launched, before "changing" it.

Thing is, for the Jedi, we got easily the most underwhelming class of the game. And I think that on their priority list, "adding hoodless pieces" and "fixing the jedi butt" etc... are probably THE LAST thing they would take care of.

As it ruins some fun but doesn't ruin "the game", per say. At least they're taking care of Kira.

I think, if the game had launched without all those problems (there's also that nasty ability delay and animation stutter they need to work on before the free days pass), they would have made a "big" update at the end of the month, with operation, flashpoint, and new content. In that, there probably would have been all those beautiful pieces you found.

It creates interest from the player you know. "oh I'll need that piece it looks great ! Aw but my sub is over. Oh it's just around 10 dollars, not a big deal !" Classic marketing.

Though as I said, with everything that is WRONG with the game engine, I think that particular "Jedi Knight" class will have to wait for a bit. And I'm sure it will be the first to see changes when they take care of this kind of issues. :/

I don't think it's that easy as adding "robes to the vendors", they probably have their content planned way ahead (actually they said so).

So yeah, in the meanwhile, goggles or cape.

Well John, I think I've been vocal enough so that you know I agree with you on all points.

That being said, all that matters is Bioware's point of view.

Obviously, they knew exactly many of their JK players would be upset by how badly the class has been handled (there's not a single area that doesn't have SERIOUS problems).

If it were, let's say, imperial agent, I guess we could understand that. But failing THE class the licence your game is based on ? That's hard to believe. As the game has great qualities, it's impossible to believe that such an incompetent team actually put this great game together. So it had to be done "on purpose".

Though I think they didn't want us to feel so bad about it. Problem is, there's been TONS of other problems with the game.

From game breaking issues (quests failing etc...) to the game being unplayable for many players (with high end comps and decent comps), all the "little things" they wanted to fix "quickly enough" are probably delayed.

For instance, the "hi rez" textures pack (did you seriously zoom on the Jedi textures ? They're among the most hideous the game has), the Anti aliasing, depth of view etc...

All of that will be focused on LATER, because right now they're trying to make their game actually run properly the way it launched, before "changing" it.

Thing is, for the Jedi, we got easily the most underwhelming class of the game. And I think that on their priority list, "adding hoodless pieces" and "fixing the jedi butt" etc... are probably THE LAST thing they would take care of.

As it ruins some fun but doesn't ruin "the game", per say. At least they're taking care of Kira.

I think, if the game had launched without all those problems (there's also that nasty ability delay and animation stutter they need to work on before the free days pass), they would have made a "big" update at the end of the month, with operation, flashpoint, and new content. In that, there probably would have been all those beautiful pieces you found.

It creates interest from the player you know. "oh I'll need that piece it looks great ! Aw but my sub is over. Oh it's just around 10 dollars, not a big deal !" Classic marketing.

Though as I said, with everything that is WRONG with the game engine, I think that particular "Jedi Knight" class will have to wait for a bit. And I'm sure it will be the first to see changes when they take care of this kind of issues. :/

I don't think it's that easy as adding "robes to the vendors", they probably have their content planned way ahead (actually they said so).

So yeah, in the meanwhile, goggles or cape.

Your logic is airtight and depressing. I still hold out hope that if they realize how bad this issue bothers us (and 26,000 views on the old thread is a pretty good start) they will prioritize it higher, and you and the other Hood down die hards are a huge help.

But what is the cape option you speak of? I can't stand the LaForge goggles, or a massive and useless Trooper backpack, so I am in orange moddable Sentinel chest piece from level 11 and just eating the armor hit. The last set out of Tython/first set in Coroscant.

What is the cape option? Is it another Sentinel piece?

Also, if and when the new FP and Op James Ohlen teased comes into the game, that means new gear, and it should be at least an occasion to put the iconic armor from the cover of the game, the character creation screen, and the Class Video to be put in the game for Guardians. If there were to be one Sentinel armor added in as well, what would make you guys happy?

Edited by JohnRoy

I personally like the capes. Avoids the huge-butt syndrome and you can see the pants you wear.

Sadly all the heavy (and medium that I've seen) capes past about level 25 are ALSO hooded with the hood up.

So I'm currently doing the Geordie LaForge thing, which looks good enough I guess. Can see my hair and most of my face, if not my eyes. (And the visor doesnt line up with the eyes either.... but anyway...) So there's no graphical or engine based reason why these currently hood-up capes/robes in game cant be given a toggle, since they ALREADY have a toggle: if player=twilek or player=wearing visor then skip the hood drawing part. Add in a if playerhattoggle=off in there, and you are done.

Can someone list ways to get goggles? I know there are some from the Hoth commendation vendor, but I don't want to wait until level 40+.

Just found some on Alderaan. Drop in Kill Demolitionist/destroy bomb cacge quest from Wardpost Landa (Lamba?) at level 29. I tried them on. Yes, the hood goes away, but now my Jedi looks like he plays Keytar in Devo. Whip it!

Couldn't do it. It looks like it's Medium Tython Orange robes for me until Bioware lets me look like the Jedi who stares at me every time I boot the game.

They are flat out lying when they said it would be too hard to implement. They have hood models of all hood gear up and down, it would be no harder to implement than the no show helmet option.

Having a animation where the character removes his hood yes that would be a huge hassle but yeah think they just cba and want to do other things.