The Imperial Lord Adrass RP channel is awful.

sanctified

Just awful. I'm sorry but the topics of conversation I've witnessed so far have included:

A Sith apprentice who also works as a pimp specializing in children.

A Sith Lord who is apparently the son of a prostitute, and feels obligated to remind everyone once every other hour. Who also enjoys discussing his sex-pot Twi'lek nympho apprentice.

Speaking of which, there are a couple of sexpot nympho twi'leks running around. Wait, did I say a couple? Heh. Just kidding. (I meant a couple hundred.)

Oh, there's the bounty hunter who's also an Imperial surgeon who specializes in torture and dentistry.

Oh, there's the god modder sniper who uses heat vision to punish sith role players.

There are screaming matches in the channel all the time, and no one says anything clever or interesting. It's all overt "bwahahaha." Brian Blessed couldn't be hammier than these people. I'm really disappointed.

I came here for Star wars, not Goldshire.

This is an online community and with every online community there will be bad apples. Don't let them spoil the game for you.

I know that a lot of people have something against ignoring other players or having to ignore other players, but in my opinion it is the most viable thing you can do. I do it in real life all the time, so why not have the option in a game, there are some people that are just going to irritate you no matter what.

If you're allowing those players to ruin this game for you, use /ignore and be done with allowing them to hurt you in such a meaningful way. Unless you're into torture and then you got a whole other slew of problems that even MY therapist couldn't help you with.

This is an online community and with every online community there will be bad apples. Don't let them spoil the game for you.

I know that a lot of people have something against ignoring other players or having to ignore other players, but in my opinion it is the most viable thing you can do. I do it in real life all the time, so why not have the option in a game, there are some people that are just going to irritate you no matter what.

If you're allowing those players to ruin this game for you, use /ignore and be done with allowing them to hurt you in such a meaningful way. Unless you're into torture and then you got a whole other slew of problems that even MY therapist couldn't help you with.

I just quit the channel completely a few minutes ago. There is currently as of 2:09 A.M. eastern on 1/13/12 open erotic role-playing on it. I observed people leaving the channel without logging out while this is occuring so I'm a little gratified that they're as disgusted as I am.

I feel, like you, that Lord Adrass has a generally good community. I don't feel that this channel represents it well at all, and anyone who comes to this server and uses it to try and meet fellow rp-ers is going to be taken aback by the freak show He or she may unwittingly step into.

Edited by sanctified

J

Oh, there's the bounty hunter who's also an Imperial surgeon who specializes in torture and dentistry.

Why is that in this list? That is both awesome AND hilarious.

It can't be any worse then where i am - Seems there are no actual, serious, roleplayers on vrook lamar..and i came here because i was told it was a good community..

It can't be any worse then where i am - Seems there are no actual, serious, roleplayers on vrook lamar..and i came here because i was told it was a good community..

I'm on Vrook Lamar on the side of the Empire. I never found any RP on the Republic side. Not any. Seriously. I looked hard for it. It seems overrun on the Empire side though. Though that may be because of my play times or whatever. Although it seems odd that more RP would be going on from 10pm to 10am than other hours of the day.

I'm also practically never online right now because I'm in the middle of helping a friend get ready for a move and I'm relying on his computer to play while trying to get mine fixed so I don't have to rely on his after he moves to Arizona.

I know the feeling though.

In fairness, you're right. That is clever. I think the rest of the garbage was coloring my opinion.