New Mandolorian Hunters Armor set first impressions.....

Hey all...this is my first post on this forum, but im no stranger to SWTOR. As you all know, the new cartel pack was released earlier this week, and the new Mandolorian armor set along with it.

Pic below: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/swtor-mandalorian-hunter-armor-set-hotshots-starfighter-pack-male.jpg Now Mandolorian Purists may not like it as it has no Jetpack, but all in all, im quite pleased with BioWare on this one. Thought's, comments, welcome!

It sucks.

The way the coloration is set up, with the light blue color on the armor being hard coded and not able to be effected by dyes ruins the entire look of the armor when dyes are used.

It should be set up with blue (primary), light blue (secondary), and white not effected.

I'm loving it. The no jetpack isn't a problem for me. Not all mandos are bounty hunters and need to jet around;)

I totaly agree! I managed to acquire most of the set, minus the belt, helmet, and bracers....maybe I can get those later...I have and old bounty hunter toon that I haven't for months...only got him to lvl 11 and did EVERYTHING wrong..but now that I'm way more experienced, I'm thinking of reviving him and this wil be his armor! Mandolorian Bounty Hunters FTW!

It sucks.

The way the coloration is set up, with the light blue color on the armor being hard coded and not able to be effected by dyes ruins the entire look of the armor when dyes are used.

It should be set up with blue (primary), light blue (secondary), and white not effected.

Though I do love this armor, I did notice that some of the blue was hard wired, thus screwing up many dye mods, but that wasn't enough of a problem for me to not get the armor. But I do agree that bioware should change that. Maybe it's a glitch that will be fixed in 2.8 but well see!

Edited by _Vercingetorx_

I got it just to add it to collections and i'm only using the top and legs, at least till later levels. Mostly because there is far better Mandolorian armor just sitting in the stomach of some mob somewhere, just waiting to be sliced open and spray us with the goodies inside. O.o

I got it just to add it to collections and i'm only using the top and legs, at least till later levels. Mostly because there is far better Mandolorian armor just sitting in the stomach of some mob somewhere, just waiting to be sliced open and spray us with the goodies inside. O.o

I cant say i agree, but i was able to complete the armor set! im unaware of many other mandolorian armors sets...could you post links? thanks

I like what I have my bounty hunter in already but this head is perfect for mako since wanted to go for a whole mando clan with my companions.....to the best if my ability, poor non mandalorian armor wearing blizz can't wear the uniform; would be awesome though

I cant say i agree, but i was able to complete the armor set! im unaware of many other mandolorian armors sets...could you post links? thanks

http://tor-fashion.com/th-17a-elite-war-medic-imp/

The armor isn't exactly labelled Mandalorian but it is definitely Mandalorian especially design wise. Granted the top isnt the same but end of the day there is more than just this one set out there, i listed this link cause its the first one i could remember and personally i like the helmet better than the grunt helmet the cartel set has.

Another set with a more Mandalorian chest piece is this Hydra set.

http://tor-fashion.com/tt-17a-hydra/

Now i'm well aware these are higher level armor but my original point is that the sets are out there and they arent hard coded like the cartel set.

Edited by Necrotic_Rose

It sucks.

Actually, the "light blue" is supposed to be bare metal... It looks better in-game than in the preview.

Granted, there's alot of bare metal on the set, but I'm sure this isn't the last mando armour we see in the packs (or as rep rewards) and combined with other sets (like the BH set from the BBA vendor) you can circumvent the metallic look and get a mostly colourful set with little to no hassle.

http://tor-fashion.com/th-17a-elite-war-medic-imp/

The armor isn't exactly labelled Mandalorian but it is definitely Mandalorian especially design wise. Granted the top isnt the same but end of the day there is more than just this one set out there, i listed this link cause its the first one i could remember and personally i like the helmet better than the grunt helmet the cartel set has.

Another set with a more Mandalorian chest piece is this Hydra set.

http://tor-fashion.com/tt-17a-hydra/

Now i'm well aware these are higher level armor but my original point is that the sets are out there and they arent hard coded like the cartel set.

I looked at both, but wasn't particularly impressed with either. I am growing increasingly found of the a Mandolorian Hunter set. I'm not even sure I'm gunna put a dye mod on it. Since I obtained the entire set, and it was added to my collections, I have outfitted Mako with an entire set, and we are the Mandolorian Bounty hunter twins! :p I'm also a a Mercenary so the dual wield blasters only adds to the look. One of the other members said it looked better in person than in preview. I TOTALY AGREE! Preview does not do this armor justice! I have gotten innumerable comments on it! Every other bounty hunter is like, " DUDE! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ARMOR! ITS AWESOME," if you are a fan of Mandolorians, and bounty hunters, YOU HAVE TO GET THIS ARMOR!:wea_05::wea_05:

If I can make a suggestion on dye's for this armor I've looked through most and I find the Dark Gray and Deep Red dye only available in the cartel baazarr looks great mainly cause the dark grey is primary and goes with the steel blue on the suit. My opinion u can try it out. cheers.

If I can make a suggestion on dye's for this armor I've looked through most and I find the Dark Gray and Deep Red dye only available in the cartel baazarr looks great mainly cause the dark grey is primary and goes with the steel blue on the suit. My opinion u can try it out. cheers.

I actually stumbled across this the other day and like the look. Took me a while to find something I liked, but this was good.

I looked at both, but wasn't particularly impressed with either.

Each to their own...like i said tho...those are just two examples of mandalorian armor that was in the game long before the official named set. There is even armor identical to the set but its a brown/bronze colour. I don't know the name off the top of my head but i know a guild member has it/had it before the pack release.

I could live with the dye issue if it wasnt for that dang right boot that doesnt dye and is a dark sky or light gun metal bue.

That's only a problem if you can't use heavy armour or if you're on the republic side (as a mandalorian? Really?)

There are plenty of other boots that look exactly like it (but with different textures) that don't have that.

Easiest one if you are BH would be the legacy gear. Looks the same, is availeble from lvl 1 and can be dyed completely.

Personally, I like the boots extremely much. So much, in fact, that I'll be using only the boots, legs and helmet from this set for my next mando.