Dungeon Finder System Eventually

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont Know what is so difficoult to Understand !!!!!! All implementations and parche dont need more if you dont do a flashpoint Finder . People will cancel subscrription and no more People will enter in the game .

I like very much this game but need immediately a dungeon Finder vote for this !!!!!

Edited by Dudek

There is alot of empty servers and we need cross-realm flashpoint finder.

Dont listen to trolls and release this system, believe me u will make good thing.

I believe in u Bioware, dont dissapoint me...

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!!

Actually NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

As an Old WoW player i can tell you just how bad a cross server flashpoint finder/operation finder would be.

On WoW yes before the dungeon tool it where a tad hard to get groups but when you did find groups people knew they job they where polite and help full.

Then Cross Realm Dungeon find came out and group moral dropped dramatically it became a MEMEMEMEME rush since everyone just wanted they thing and if the thing they where after didn't drop they screwed over groups and left them hanging, People started ninja'ing left and right. the language moral (Not talking speaking country language but verbal use of it) Went from generally polite to people screaming and yelling at each others slinging out words like "omg u f**king noob" at the smallest miss steps since after all being cross realm the chance of them having to group with the same person more then once where extremely low and not being on the same server your actions didn't carry any consequences over to they own server where back before cross realm being a jerk in groups only served to bit your self in the rear as it would get around and people would stop grouping with you at all.

And as i final word i say.

I'm Fully behind either a Dungeon Finder (not like in Wow where you magically gets teleported to the instance and then back to where ever you where before) Or at lest a Gobal LFG channel!

I can give an exsample.

In rift they had a Dungeon finder that allowed to you sign up for a random group on your server and when you get auto invited into a group you then had to travel to the instance in quest on foot. Now in rift this could be abit annoying since most groups instances where pretty damn fare away from everything.

But in Tor the problem aint that big. All planets (other then Ilum) have Fleet shuttles if not next to then damn close to a travel path which you can QT right to and then bingo your on fleet.

Ps.

I don't remember if it where Metacritic or one of the other big MMO sites.

But back after the Cross realm dungeon finder in respons to the drop in how people behaved in groups a survey made that "award" WoW with having the most immature and Self centered Community of all the MMO's which where sad since no more then 8months prior it had been placed in the top 3 best MMO Community THAT'S how badly the Cross realm dungeon finder effect the general grouping moral

Edited by Pervejbirk

Still WoW has biggest community today, and LFG tool helps.

I dont care for community i just want to play game i payed...

(dont tell me to rerol, coz i already have 50 lvl and lvling is pain)

Edited by Mishko

I wouldn't mind having a tool which will make it easier to find a group. Sometimes it is quite annoying and hard to find a full group, by spamming the General chat. It would make it somewhat easier, and fun for the players, to have a tool where you queue up for a dungeon. It creates a group by itself, from the roles that have been selected.

While waiting for a group to be made, you can do some stuff on Corellia or anywhere you would like.

Now you have to keep spamming in the General chat of the Fleet to look for people. Cross-server dungeons aren't needed in this game.

Still WoW has biggest community today, and LFG tool helps.

I dont care for community i just want to play game i payed...

(dont tell me to rerol, coz i already have 50 lvl and lvling is pain)

Right So you want to have fun and don't give a damn that the community would be trashed and people would cancel subscriptions. New people being chased away. people avoiding buying the game.. Remember a community is not only a single game but a unity. People from one game will hear from others. And yes WoW still have one of the biggest Communities out there But consider this. WoW have gone from 14mill to 12mill to 9mil then down to by the last static 7.6million subscription in less then two years. Care to do the math? Oh and the decline in subscription can be tracked back to when Dungeon finder where released. people left in droves and other games have come out which have lured even more people away with the promise of better communities and new experiences to try out.

Also remember these golden statements made by some rather famous people.

Humanity as a whole is egocentric cruel&Abusive and greedy.

A mob is not more intelligent then most stupid individual.

Always bet on stupidity and you will never be disappointed.

Also Mishko one of the reason why so many servers are empty these days is that BW had the right numbers when it came to the launch of the game but failed to take into consideration that ALL MMO have a rough 40 to 60% drop in subscription with in the first two months after the newness and hype of the game have worn off.

So we are left with a game with fare to many servers in my book the way to solve that would be to merg empty servers with medium population servers thus bringing the number on the remaining servers up once again.

I wouldn't mind having a tool which will make it easier to find a group. Sometimes it is quite annoying and hard to find a full group, by spamming the General chat. It would make it somewhat easier, and fun for the players, to have a tool where you queue up for a dungeon. It creates a group by itself, from the roles that have been selected.

While waiting for a group to be made, you can do some stuff on Corellia or anywhere you would like.

Now you have to keep spamming in the General chat of the Fleet to look for people. Cross-server dungeons aren't needed in this game.

I agree completely with the sentiment behind having an group generator as i stated in my wall of text on page 23 :p.

Edited by Pervejbirk

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!!

Actually NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

As an Old WoW player i can tell you just how bad a cross server flashpoint finder/operation finder would be.

On WoW yes before the dungeon tool it where a tad hard to get groups but when you did find groups people knew they job they where polite and help full.

Then Cross Realm Dungeon find came out and group moral dropped dramatically it became a MEMEMEMEME rush since everyone just wanted they thing and if the thing they where after didn't drop they screwed over groups and left them hanging, People started ninja'ing left and right. the language moral (Not talking speaking country language but verbal use of it) Went from generally polite to people screaming and yelling at each others slinging out words like "omg u f**king noob" at the smallest miss steps since after all being cross realm the chance of them having to group with the same person more then once where extremely low and not being on the same server your actions didn't carry any consequences over to they own server where back before cross realm being a jerk in groups only served to bit your self in the rear as it would get around and people would stop grouping with you at all.

And as i final word i say.

I'm Fully behind either a Dungeon Finder (not like in Wow where you magically gets teleported to the instance and then back to where ever you where before) Or at lest a Gobal LFG channel!

I can give an exsample.

In rift they had a Dungeon finder that allowed to you sign up for a random group on your server and when you get auto invited into a group you then had to travel to the instance in quest on foot. Now in rift this could be abit annoying since most groups instances where pretty damn fare away from everything.

But in Tor the problem aint that big. All planets (other then Ilum) have Fleet shuttles if not next to then damn close to a travel path which you can QT right to and then bingo your on fleet.

Ps.

I don't remember if it where Metacritic or one of the other big MMO sites.

But back after the Cross realm dungeon finder in respons to the drop in how people behaved in groups a survey made that "award" WoW with having the most immature and Self centered Community of all the MMO's which where sad since no more then 8months prior it had been placed in the top 3 best MMO Community THAT'S how badly the Cross realm dungeon finder effect the general grouping moral

The community and personal behavior/social problems was developing prior to the release of dungeon finder. Most people had blinders on because they were in their own little world within that community(realm server).

Sadly the behavioral issues that plague MMO's currently will not be disappearing anytime soon with or without cross-realm or realm only dungeon finder.

Cross-realm or realm only dungeon finder is fine. It's there for the people who can benefit from it the most and doesn't impede progress for players who do not want to use the tool.

Our community is already full of elitist jerks and ******es, I personally am one of them. If I get a random group together after spending that hour looking for a group I give people 3 chances.

Now I cant tell how bad someones dps is, but I can tell when they arent attacking my target. As a tank thats the first warning. I'll tell the entire group why its easier to attack my target while I AoE the rest.

Second warning, attacking a gold mob before regulars or silvers. I mark all of my kill orders for bosses, I explain boss fights as I know that some people just havent done the FP's yet, I show or tell them what to kill. If someone ignores that and stays on the boss or attacks the other target before my first kill target is dead thats the second warning.

Third Warning, Jumping ahead of me/knockbacks. I've explained countless times not to pull for me in dungeons, you tank it you spank it. Using the AoE Knockback while I'm trying to Tank will result in the third warning, and at that point I dont say another word. I just leave the group and go back to dailies or crafting. I dont need the stupid ****, if you're not willing to learn how to play the game I'm not willing to teach you, and as you can see I do try to teach.

The one last thing that pisses me off. I've been ninja'd once, now in these FP's thats actually a big deal as its not easy to get back in and do it all over again unless you're in a guild group. Anyways, A Sent needed a Light Armor Consular piece...Why? Because his companion could use it as an upgrade. Thats an auto leave.

Cross server LFG wont mean or change the community at all, you still have those same elitist jerks and bad players on every server. Either way if you look for a group you will find one of these. In my experience on WoW most people never even talked to each other. And most of the people complaining about LFD Cross server were probably the bad players that got trolled for being new or just overall terrible...What did you expect from people that put in time to play the game, especially in Cataclysm when Dungeons were MUCH harder than Wrath. If you were bad and ruined someones run, you were going to get balled out. You should have gotten a guild run together or spent some time reading about the class and how to play it...instead of Auto Shotting like a tard and thinking your best.

Edited by Valhalyn

The community and personal behavior/social problems was developing prior to the release of dungeon finder. Most people had blinders on because they were in their own little world within that community(realm server).

Sadly the behavioral issues that plague MMO's currently will not be disappearing anytime soon with or without cross-realm or realm only dungeon finder.

Cross-realm or realm only dungeon finder is fine. It's there for the people who can benefit from it the most and doesn't impede progress for players who do not want to use the tool.

quite true ChossenHell.

What I'm saying is the Cross realm dungeon finder worked as a catalyst to take something that where slowly very slowly starting to creep inside and then intensifying the issue by removing the.. (hmm shall we say penalty?) being a jerk by having people group cross realm where that actions didn't follow them back to they own server making them not care about how much a jerk they where being toward those that where grouping with.

Back in the days before dungeon finder where people had to group with others from they own server. If they where acting as jerks it reflected badly on they reputation and made it even harder for those people to find groups as word got around (Hell i number of people to they guild leaders/officers for being ninja's and jerks since if a guild your actions reflect not on your self but your whole guild) So that's why I'm passionately against Cross Server Flashpoint finder. But all for a Dungeon finder that's limited to your own server and faction.

Valhalyn

While i don't agree with you on the dungeon finder thing. I completely and totally feel for you on the other points.

Here on Tor I play as Tank DPS and Healer.

I have played those roles since back in 99 where i started on EQ (gosh! feel so old saying that!)

And i have always prided my self with always taking my sweet time to learn my class and its role down to the letter which can also be reflected on the feed back I'm getting here in Tor.. In Tor my tank is a Jug meaning i have hard time keep crowds of mobs focused on me as it is which don't help when someone then starts attacking another mob then what i have designated for them to kill.

or When as a healer the tank gos and pulls (yes that's his job after all :p) with out checking on if the group is ready or not (pre 1.2 it could sometimes be hard to see how much Force/energy/armor the healer had left but that's fixed in 1.2) and then charges in while your on low force (in my case) and then throwing the blame over at me because he died as i had no force to heal with.

As a Marauder i always if we are figthing a group of mobs go for the order normal strong elite unless anything else have been stated since normal mobs gos down fast in flashpoints meaning you more quickly lessen the load on the tank damage wise, or if a mob breaks away i try to intercept it and bring it back to the tank if possible so he taunt it before i go back to killing the designated target.

quite true ChossenHell.

What I'm saying is the Cross realm dungeon finder worked as a catalyst to take something that where slowly very slowly starting to creep inside and then intensifying the issue by removing the.. (hmm shall we say penalty?) being a jerk by having people group cross realm where that actions didn't follow them back to they own server making them not care about how much a jerk they where being toward those that where grouping with.

Back in the days before dungeon finder where people had to group with others from they own server. If they where acting as jerks it reflected badly on they reputation and made it even harder for those people to find groups as word got around (Hell i number of people to they guild leaders/officers for being ninja's and jerks since if a guild your actions reflect not on your self but your whole guild) So that's why I'm passionately against Cross Server Flashpoint finder. But all for a Dungeon finder that's limited to your own server and faction.

I agree it was a catalyst.

I agree it was a catalyst.

Which is what i greatly fear it would here in ToR as well We already do have the elements in place for it to explode in our heads and i fear that a cross server flashpoint finder would be just the spark that lights up the fuel barrel so to speak.

Dungeon finder that allowed to you sign up for a random group on your server and when you get auto invited into a group you then had to travel to the instance in quest on foot.

This is exactly what is needed.

Oh and the decline in subscription can be tracked back to when Dungeon finder where released. people left in droves and other games have come out which have lured even more people away with the promise of better communities and new experiences to try out.

Sorry, but that's just not true. Cross-Server Dungeon Finder came in patch 3.3.0 released on December 8, 2009 (http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_3.3.0). Subscription numbers had peaked in early 2009 at 12 million and were in slow but steady decline at the year's end. Cross-Server Dungeon Finder didn't cause people to leave in droves, quite the opposite:

The release of patch 3.3.0 and Cross-Server Dungeon Finder caused WoW's subscription numbers to peak AGAIN at 12 million! It bought Blizzard almost a year of no loss of total subscribers. It's an astonishing achievement for such a deceptively simple feature.

Here's some pretty graphs made from datapoints collected over the years so you can see for yourself: http://mmodata.blogspot.com/

Nowadays WoW is well past its growth phase, so Blizzard is removing all the barriers-to-reentry they can. All new MMOs are going to have LFG systems with very few arbitrary restrictions. Is SWTOR going to remain the odd one out in preventing their whole community from playing together for no good reason?

hmmm.. until bioware can get a game that runs a bit better then this is currently, any thing you add is going to just help break this game just that much more. So no LFG tool until bioware gets this ship corrected.

I would que for dungens if they had a lfg tool, I'd prefer a cross server ones since my server pop is very very low. Until then I will not waste time lfg'ing in chat, not with so much to do soloing. My chat window is at it's minimum sizing and font I don't notice any chat. If your not in my vent I don't notice you nor need to. Rifts has a very good system for just about anything and it would be this games best interest to start taking leasons from Rifts if it wants to survive. They research and implement all the good stuff from other mmo's into thier game. I stay with swtor because I like starwars and I'm bored with the old D&D look of mmo's. People need to stop the "qq'ing" and get with the times. Your community will not be any differant with/without such tools in the game. Only differance is you would get more people doing more things that would include you.

Having a LFG tool would help people group up for flashpoints. As it is now, you have to spam the general channel and still get no groups after one hour of trying.

Of course, having a LFG tool would not ruin the so-called community. Why would it? You can still use or not use the LFG tool as you please.

Prior to a LFG system only a few guilds got to do raids: and those were the ones in control of the entire server. As soon as the dungeon finder was implemented more and more people got a fair chance at raiding.

Not being in control of who gets to raid is what scares the few people that are against the dungeon finder and not that their precious community might be ruined.

Although I don't like comparing to WoW, it's a good baseline. The moment I first stopped playing (out of multiple times) was when PvP queues took > 30 mins because it was single server. When people had to stand around in cities yelling about trying to get a dungeon group together. This could take hours.

You basically emoted dancing a LOT because your MMO experience consisted of standing around. People don't have hours of their lives to spend not doing anything whatsoever except spamming that they're looking for a group. Being in a guild is only valuable if they are likewise looking for a group at the same time.

I understand there are immersion concerns. But if the game ever devolves into a waiting contest, it will be irrelevant. We will have already explored everything, anyway.

From my observation on LFG tool in wow i have concluded that the reason it is being used to a level that i destroys communities and the main reason was because players were encouraged to use that system via extra loot bags and teleportation to the instance making manual grouping much less efficient thus making LFG tool mandatory for any sane person which created probems with community, amount of content, player behavior and such.

So again based on my deduction the most efficient community and casual friendly LFG system would have properties as following:

1)System should follow the design model stated by BW which says in 15 mins system tries to get group from your server if that fails it then begins using cross-server thus increasing the amount of players participating in que without giving them power of anonimity also when cross server LFG begins players should NOT be notified and there should be no indication of their servers so people will think they matched with people in their server and hopefully will behave tolerably and yes i know you can workaround it by asking people from what server they are but since when do they have to answer honestly?

2)Usage of LFG tool should NOT be encouraged especcially with extra loot or by any other way ( teleportation for example) instead its constant use in a day should be discouraged by implementing a mechanic such as after the 2nd time you que your share of dropped credits and chance an item you can use drops by %X amount and after 5th que the amount of items dropped from bosses reduces by %50 and your group shall be notified and will really likely to drop you for reducing their chance of getting loot and abusing the LFG system so people who really have time to group will have to actually find a group in order to get max benefit or continue with the group they got from LFG system after leaving the system thus people will get the same result as they got from looking for people in general chats but with less annoyence and more time saving and or people who just want to do 1 or 2 FP and log off can join the system get their loot and leave but when the want to do more well that means they have the time to find the group in the first place so they cannot abuse it.

3)Group logs: When you join a group through LFG system if you should get a notification if you have grouped with any of these people before and when you do system should give you the logs of how many items he needed that he could/could not use etc etc much like criminal report but this one should be at the bottom of the list of LFG features(imo)

Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of LFG and Dungeon Finders, we will be closing this current thread.

This topic was also recently covered in our weekly Community Q&A Blog for February 24th.

deusBAAL: Will you be providing a LFG tool? What will be its features? How will it be intended to work and when can we expect it to go live?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Writer): We are hard at work on a much more robust LFG functionality that will quickly help put groups together while still offering the flexibility to decide how you group and what sort of people you want to be grouped with. We’ll release more details as we get closer to release.