$3000 system and low everything looks better for me than max everything

RakeHoxven

I went to Ilum and was getting lower fps with the big battles so I decided to lower all my settings to the lowest possible.

I was surprised to discover that the lowest settings actually looked better than the highest settings. I went to the fleet to test it and a few different worlds and it seems to hold true for now. So I'll be playing on the lowest settings from now on on my cutting edge computer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Ilum and was getting lower fps with the big battles so I decided to lower all my settings to the lowest possible.

I was surprised to discover that the lowest settings actually looked better than the highest settings. I went to the fleet to test it and a few different worlds and it seems to hold true for now. So I'll be playing on the lowest settings from now on on my cutting edge computer.

that's pretty crap. I run max settings with a 700 dollar rig i built. Even on ilum. Game looks great and no lag. Game looks a thousand times better.

Edited by FLScuddie

I run a big LED monitor also. It could be the rendering on the LED.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Your backlight wont make any difference to the 'rendering'.

But shadows and shaders make a big difference to how the game looks. I prefer them off, game looks better to me. But you're telling me with AA and AF off, and low textures the game looks better? umm ok?

could be.. the only led screen experience i have is on my phone.

I got mine on Black Friday. Even old games look good on it. Glossy textures don't look so good so that could be why low settings look better for my rig.]

edit:

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Your backlight wont make any difference to the 'rendering'.

But shadows and shaders make a big difference to how the game looks. I prefer them off, game looks better to me. But you're telling me with AA and AF off, and low textures the game looks better? umm ok?

just tested every settings. Everything low and off does look better for me. The only setting that can be turneed high is textures. Everything else does not look as good on as off in my opinion.

Edited by RakeHoxven

I solved the problem of making this game look better

i was noticing blurry edges , nothing particularly crisp , no detail in the grass and the trees not having clearly defined leaves, hairy animals not having detailed coats just a general almost out of focus look to the game

my system is not top end but it is fair , i5 processor, 8 gig memory, 6870 graphics card,27" LCD monitor

it only cost me $200 to get everything crisp sharp and clear

I went to an optometrist and got a pair of glasses

Yeah, I prefer people use the links in my sig. Speccy gives advanced users a lot of data to consider when you suggest you aren't performing at well as you should.

That Speccy is a very nice tool. Thanks for the tip. I was using a different product.

um. there isn't a game on the market that I won't run at max settings and not get over 60fps.

What would I do with more power... run a hawaiin island?

He means that your pc is only worth about $1500 on the current market. It's little bit a stretch but it is not worth more than 2k.

Edited by Magnijung

um. there isn't a game on the market that I won't run at max settings and not get over 60fps.

What would I do with more power... run a hawaiin island?

He means that what you listed would cost $1500 total, I would say anything over $2000 and you got ripped off. Unless theres more stuff youre not mentioning.

Edited by Akirator

To be fair, the game looks like *** no matter what setting you run it on.

A Q4 2011 released game that looks similar to games released in mid 2005, ok then, gg.

Meh, I dunno if I agree. I mean alot of people have issues running it as is. MMO's are typically a little lacking in the graphic dept. I thought SWTOR's graphics weren't bad and I'm picky as ****